self bondage gone wrong

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
curious_guy

self bondage gone wrong

Post by curious_guy »

Has anyone ever had a self bodnage event go terribly wrong?
I am refering to becoming injuried. What were you doing at the time? Did you need medical care? Were you able to recover by yourself?
As you may have guessed I am new at this and want to find ideas as to what I can do safely to enjoy the humiliation and pain.
nothing like a little humility to make you feel more powerful
misQui
Retired Moderator

Post by misQui »

We had a thread about this a while ago and we were rather fortunate that not many people seemed to have had any serious injuries. I started the thread with a post about the nerve damage I caused to my feet. More of an iinconvenience than anything else, really, although the situation at the time was potentially life threatening. :shock:
curious_guy

Post by curious_guy »

that is something that concerns me. I've seen members explain how to tie ropes so that they bind tighter as you struggle.
having the circulation cut off to my hands gives me imagines of being permanently crippled.
do bondage cuffs - wrist or ankle cuffs - tighten as you struggle? have you had any experience with locking cuffs?
nothing like a little humility to make you feel more powerful
Toszum

Post by Toszum »

Cutting off circulation can be prevented by carefully adjusting the size of the wristcoil.

You should always take the time and ensure that when the cinchnoose is completely cinched the two loops around the wrists are just tight enough to be inescapable.

:twisted: Better safe than sore
misQui
Retired Moderator

Post by misQui »

Toszum wrote:You should always take the time and ensure that when the cinchnoose is completely cinched the two loops around the wrists are just tight enough to be inescapable.
Exactly. It just takes a bit of practice to get them right. And you can struggle against them all you want without them getting any tighter.
lifer

Post by lifer »

Be careful if you are using one of the drinking scenarios. As you drink more and more, your body can swell up with the added fluid in your tissue. This can cause a rope tie that not too tight to become too tight and cut off circulation.

Test your scenario well to avoid problems when its too late! :shock: And of course, have a backup release! :idea:
Life is what you make it.
readyrider53

Tied Tight

Post by readyrider53 »

I like to use leather cord because it does become tighter if you pull on it and it is hard to remove. I always have a safety device though I put a serated knife in the next room and after getting myself ready "Hee Hee" I pull the cord tight and enjoy. It sometimes takes me an hour to make it to my safety knife but then again I don't want it to end to soon right !
The besy way is the safe way !
bdbgum

Post by bdbgum »

At one time, I dediced to do a nice 'experiment'. It seemed quite harmless at that moment.

! Do NOT try the following yourself!!

Without thinking, I put the 'ring' of one pair of handcuffs on my left wrist -with the lock accidentally turned towards the palm, then closed it. Then I put the wrist of my right hand between my left wrist and the chain of the cuffs. Then I locked the second 'ring' on my left wrist with the lock turned away from the palm (so the locks were 'facing' eachother.

Unfortunately, now my hands were restricted so much that it was IMPOSSIBLE to reach the locks with the key!! Eventually I could get them off by producing a lot of sweat while rubbing (lubricant, I'm lucky that I sweat quickly over my whole body when doing exercise), then pulling the the palm of my right hand out of the opening between my left wrist and the chain. This HURT! There was a red stain and I could feel it for three days and even a little on the fourth if I rubbed over it.

And I was not even 'really' in bondage, just testing out on a whim! (second warning: never EVER test something out on a whim...). I could never have imagined that something so straightforward could be so dangerous.

It probably depends on the size of your wrist, lengt of cuff chain and the size of your palm, but I imagine many people could easily get into trouble this way.

! Do NOT try this yourself!!
Grinser

Post by Grinser »

The same thing goes with hinged handcuffs. A few weeks ago I found my girl in selfbondage - she had used hinged handcuffs and was unable to reach the locks. Guess she could have thought of this before... luckily she tried that at my place and not at home (shes still living with her parents). Would have been embarassing. Well, I had my fun anyway... although she did not plan to spend the whole day in handcuffs until I got home and was quite shocked. I guess, if I had been late, she would have been totally freaked out.
There is a beast inside man that should be exercised, not exorcised.
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

Remember boys and girls, every-time you enter solo play bondage it is potentially life threatening, though you may not think it at the time. As I am sure many dead friends would have agreed with the following proverbs (no points for guessing which ones I edited or just made up) all of which however, are so SO true.
heinsight is such a beautiful thing.
Plan ahead.

If you don't wanna be dead, PLAN AHEAD.
Plan Ahead, visualize all the things that could go wrong and fix them before you lock yourself in for the night
You can't scream in space (nor with a gag in your mouth)
If things go tits up, you need to get some attention, if you've gagged yourself you can't make much noise, so think about that first.

The keys are useless (or you never get that knot undone) if your hands are dead.

Original Quote was:

It takes TWO to TANGO

The point here is that a lock is no good with out a key, but equally a key is no good without a hand to put it in the lock...

Ropes need to be tight enough to keep you secure but not let you out so easily, but not tight enough to cut off circulation. If your hands go numb you will not be able to use them. Also make sure all the locks are easily accessible ie facing the correct way so that even when you do have the key you dont struggle to get the key in the right hole the right way up etc...
Backups are a waste of time, money and resources (until you wish you had one).
Planning ahead is boring, and if it involves talking to someone and asking them to stop by if you haven't call them back - it can be embarrassing to be found naked and in bondage by a fellow human being, so much so that you may not always want to talk about it, and think that it is unnecessarily embarrassing, backups also involve extra equpment and therefore expense, but as with any back out / backup plan they are all a waste of time and money and effort (while the main system works ok) until the main system fails, and then you wished you had a backup in place.

Backups should never be underestimated.
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

If you are collecting quotes, here are 2 of my favorites...

"Better safe than sorry"
.. and the unknown line 2...
"because you're never sorry you're safe"

And:
(OK, maybe not quoteable, but you'll get the point...)
"You only need seatbelts once, but you will only find out afterwards..."

or this one...
"Like all safety devices, you know you need them, only after you need them..."
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
puppydogbytes

Post by puppydogbytes »

Have a look at this true story of what happened to me, there are several similar experiences from other people among the replies.

The most serious result of something going wrong is obviously death - and there have been a disturbingly large number of those, some very bizarre in nature.

SB is inherently risky - as said several times above; always plan carefully, have a back-up and don't do anything that involves strangulation or asphyxiation.
'In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics' - Homer Simpson