clubs and meeting places

"Normal bondage" with a partner. Post here if your post do not fit the selfbondage threads.
bigsub

clubs and meeting places

Post by bigsub »

hi all can anyone help i am looking for a club or meeting place to find a mistress. I have been doing s b for a long time and i think its time i took it to the next level. I live in the northwest of England any links or web sites would be great thanks
badgirluktv

Re: clubs and meeting places

Post by badgirluktv »

bigsub wrote:hi all can anyone help i am looking for a club or meeting place to find a mistress. I have been doing s b for a long time and i think its time i took it to the next level. I live in the northwest of England any links or web sites would be great thanks
Well, I'd suggest taking a look at the website http://www.informedconsent.co.uk/ and finding a local munch to go along and meet people. From there, find the local clubs as well, and go along. If you don't behave like an idiot and make some friends, you'll probably find some people to play with, and then take it from there.
leopard99

Post by leopard99 »

badgirluktv wrote:Well, I'd suggest taking a look at the website http://www.informedconsent.co.uk/ and finding a local munch to go along and meet people. From there, find the local clubs as well, and go along. If you don't behave like an idiot and make some friends, you'll probably find some people to play with, and then take it from there.
That's all very good advice. I'm on Informed Consent too and have found it a useful place to find out about events.

When thinking about finding a mistress always remember that people are human beings first, dom(me)s/subs/mistresses etc second.
bigsub

Post by bigsub »

hi just been looking at the link and have found a couple of munch meetings near to me, so going to get in touch with them. Has anyone had any luck in meeting Mr or Mrs right at a munch. Any way thanks very much for the links i will let you know how i get on.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

The best piece of advice is, basically, don't be in a hurry. Don't look desperate. Let things go with the flow. Get acquainted with the people there - slowly, don't barge in or force yourself into anyone's space - and observe, observe, observe. You have to get a good idea of the dynamic of the group. Be polite. Be discreet.

I know it's hard but it's the best way to get into the group. Eventually, you'll catch a Mistress' eye and she'll give you a... test drive. But as I mentioned, don't expect instant results.

Jenny. :whip:
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
lj

Post by lj »

bigsub wrote:hi just been looking at the link and have found a couple of munch meetings near to me, so going to get in touch with them. Has anyone had any luck in meeting Mr or Mrs right at a munch. Any way thanks very much for the links i will let you know how i get on.
just to repeat the advice, don't go to a Munch expecting to meet Mr or Mrs Right on the first time. And as Leopard has said, and it is good advice, remember that the Domme is a person, first and foremost, and you must connect on a personal level before you will get anywhere on a D/s level. There are far too many would-be subs (usually male) who have a list of things they want done to them, and are surprised when no Dommes come rushing up to offer to do them.

That said, a Munch is probably the best place to meet like-minded people. Bear in mind that Munches vary a lot, from a few guys sitting round a table in a pub through to what is almost a play-event. When it comes to meeting a play-partner/Domme you will need to get known on the local scene, or perhaps by posting on http://www.informedconsent.co.uk so people have an idea of your character before they take things any further. If the Munch runs a "meet-and-greet" take advantage of it, that way you will have someone to talk to, who will introduce you to some Munchers and makes the first visit much easier. Contact the Munch organiser anyway, just to introduce yourself.

If you are fairly self-confident, then a club may be another route, but could be quite daunting if you don't know anyone. There are also play-parties held in various venues, I know at least one in the Manchester area, but again, usually these will require some prior personal contact before you can get an invitation. Play-parties tend to be much more personal, often there will be a House Domme who will probably be happy to give you a session, and there will be a friendly atmosphere geared to encourage newbies.

Good luck :)

forgot to answer the question :shock:

I met my play-partner at a play-party, her first visit, we parted on very good terms after a year. My wife, LadyJ didn't know about my kink life but has shared it for over a year now :D I know several couples who met through either the Munches or play-parties. It does happen.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
bigsub

Post by bigsub »

hi just been in touch with a organiser of a local munch made me feel really welcome to join them, looking forward to it a bit nervous though
leopard99

Post by leopard99 »

bigsub wrote:hi just been in touch with a organiser of a local munch made me feel really welcome to join them, looking forward to it a bit nervous though
Excellent. Treat it as you would an evening in the pub with friends. Listen and learn. Best not to even mention what you are looking for at this stage unless somebody actually asks you directly.