Help need advice

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
Mousewheel

Help need advice

Post by Mousewheel »

Okay here it is: I am a Christian thus torn apart by selfbondage and bdsm and of course being more dedicated to be a better Christian. I often feel guilty for doing selfbondage sessions and it often pulls me away from God. It isn't the session as much as the accessories such as butt inserts, or the cbt tools. The sessions are boring without these accessories though Any advice? I know for sure I'm not going to give up on being a christian but is bdsm not as wrong as I thought it was? Give me your opinion don't give me stuff like follow your heart or anything like that because idk.
Peter Sub

Re: Help need advice

Post by Peter Sub »

I think that everyone has the duty to be very careful and considerate about other peoples religious ideas. So I don't consider myself the right person to give anyone advise. But I'd like you to think about this.. Maybe it helps you to reach a conclusion for yourself:

Is there anything in the Bible that would conflict with you enjoying self-bondage? Or even conflict with using iinsertables?

You will probably know the Bible better then I do. But I don't expect you'll find anything..

Peter Sub.
lj

Post by lj »

As an atheist, I'm not exactly qualified to comment on the rights and wrongs of BDSM from a Christian (or any other religious) point of view.

If doing something that you enjoy "pulls you away from god" you may begin to understand why I am an atheist.

I would also like to point out, wearing my Moderator's hat, that we do not allow discusions on religion on this forum. I would suggest therefore that any comments placed do NOT target any particular religion.

However, the OP has asked an intelligent question that hovers on the borders of the forum rules, so let's try to keep it on the right side.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Indeed, let's not get into a discussion on religion, rather let's get into what role religion plays in people's conscience vs. their kinky urges. That also eliminates religion bashing.

So y'all better keep the tone down or else... :whip:

I am also ill-qualified to give you spiritual counseling on this matter. I can only suggest to you that you follow your conscience. It's in your own heart that there's a conflict. No one outside of that can tell you to go one way or the other. Inform yourself, and take a step back from both kink and religion and look at the problem objectively.

Ultimately, you must make the choice that puts you most at peace with your own conscience.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
bobbi

Post by bobbi »

it was all i could to do resist posting the picture of the jesus shaped butt plug. yes, it does exist. i thought it might be offensive for such a serious topic though. and i do not really want to be banned or else i would have nothing to read at work. :gag:
Mousewheel

Post by Mousewheel »

Sorry if I start a "religious war" thanks for advice I now know what I think I should do.
Jenny you had really helpful advice thanks a lot. I know that I said not to say follow your heart, but you worded it greatly what you said was true and thank you once again. If you'll Aren't comfortable with this thread feel free to delete it as I got the replies I needed.
lj

Post by lj »

solostill wrote:it was all i could to do resist posting the picture of the jesus shaped butt plug. yes, it does exist. i thought it might be offensive for such a serious topic though. and i do not really want to be banned or else i would have nothing to read at work. :gag:

yes, you are quite right, it would be offensive and the post would have lasted only as long as it took for a Moderator to see it, closely followed by a severe warning!
lj

Post by lj »

now, from a personal point of view, the OP raises the question, and as both I and BoundJenny have said, let's keep it from a religion-based discussion, but it has an interesting aspect irrespective of religion.

I guess most people, when they realise their sexuality doesn't quite fit the "normal" definition, suffer considerable distress and spend a lot of time worrying about being "strange". Judging by the number of posts on here, there are a lot of people who are very relieved to find that they are not the only ones to have these variations from the norm. Guilt, whether induced by religion or simply being aware of this difference, can make our lives a misery. Social pressures make it difficult to acknowledge your sexuality, in some countries it may even be illegal.

So, particpation in a forum like www.boundanna.com has a beneficial value, both to you as an individual, and for the "community" in general. Don't just sit and read, join in, post your thoughts and ideas, go to a local Munch, get to know people who share a kink slant on life.

How you justify or argue your personal values will depend on your circumstances and beliefs, but to me, the important thing is you realise you are not alone.
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

OK, my turn here... I was raised in a church, I'll skip which one...
But there is one passage from the Bible that can be used here (hopefully) with out much problem...
"He that knoweth right from wrong, but does it anyway, to him it is sin..." it's in there somewhere...
So, if you know it is wrong, or think it is wrong, then for you it is wrong...
But that does not make it wrong for someone else...
Besides, to sin or not to sin... that is between you and your God... not you and the church, or anyone else...

Of course, there is the passage "... when in Rome..." and I think it is followed by "... do as the Romans do..."
And we know what the Romans did...
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Dark_Lizerd wrote:And we know what the Romans did...
The Romans... I'll whip their butts any day. :whip:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

so, i just can't resist to jump into that topic.

i consider myself an atheist, too.
but i read about a lot of religion, as it is a quite fascinating aspect of humanity.

something from my introductory thread, so you can get an inkling of how my neurons tick:
ponylady wrote:thanx for the welcome, everybody.
curious_sb wrote:Welcome ponylady, please don't use the word Perv, you arent a Perv, in our books so long as children and animals aren't involved, you are normal..........
LOL, according to the catholic church, every sexual activity that is done not
for the sole purpose of procreation is pervert.

based on that definition i carry the term "perv" with pride, together with 99,9% of the population of terra firma.
:P :P :P :P
well, you didn't state which christian church you are a follower off.

but what is the problem with a buttplug ?

you are opening yourself up for her
*yes, god is female*
:idea: :idea:

this may just be your personal way to repent your sins.
it all depends on the perspective.
self-flaggelation, for example, is a very public & celebratic practice in some
shiitic communities.

okay, i could rant on, but i hope that gives you some food for thought.

and before some members in here say i'm a heretic:
nothing has as personal an interpretation as religion.
you follow your beliefs, not the popes, the mufti, the rabbi or any ayatollah ones.
your belief is your own, and how you interprete it is nobody eles business to judge.
[
bobbi

Post by bobbi »

ponylady wrote:*yes, god is female*
goddess bless you.
Lorraine

Post by Lorraine »

As a fellow Christian, I too suffer many of the same concerns and I don't know if I have the answers you seek. I consider my wife (yes, I'm a male) a very good Christian woman. She knows out about my kinks, knows it is a part of me that is unlikely to change and recently has been willing to participate. I thank God for my blessings every day.

I think (hopefully this is not just rationalization) God gave us a brain and nerve endings and the ability to be aroused and he knew it would lead to certain behaviours. Whether they are wrong or not depends on what we think and feel in our hearts.

Personally, I tend to put my personal kinks ahead of my relation with God and others and I constantly struggle to keep it in perspective. None of us is perfect.

Enjoy, but keep God first.

Curtsey,
- Lorraine