Sensory Depravation Hood

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
rhino9905

Sensory Depravation Hood

Post by rhino9905 »

Has anyone used a locking leather sensory depravation hood in a self bondage session. Im looking into buying one to highten my experience along with some other strict bondage. Does anyone have any recomendations on where to buy from
RADER

Re: Sensory Depravation Hood

Post by RADER »

I got mine from the Sub Shop. Reasonable on price, and fits great.
I am just afraid to try to sleep with it on, might not wake up. Then
whom would feed the cat. :D
Rader
Firebird12

Post by Firebird12 »

In fact I would not recommend to use this kind of bondage gear in a self bondage session. What if something wrong happens and you need to be able to hear it for example?

I would prefer to have someone watching over me while using that.
Meet me on Fetlife: http://fetlife.com/users/493442
Browse my kinks: http://astrion.tumblr.com/
Cindy123

Post by Cindy123 »

rhino9905 wrote:Has anyone used a locking leather sensory depravation hood in a self bondage session. Im looking into buying one to highten my experience along with some other strict bondage. Does anyone have any recomendations on where to buy from

Here is what I use, purchased it on e-bay, but as someone said dont use it for SB, you cant hear or see.
Sin :gag: :whip: :twisted:
If your not playing on the edge, your taking up to much space...............................
Play safe and have fun...Now Where did I put that damn Key!!!!! ;-)
CINDY123@BAK.RR.COM
rhino9905

Post by rhino9905 »

Thanks Cindy, Im actualy watching one on ebay, and thats kind of what im after no senses. :gag:
Cindy123

Post by Cindy123 »

rhino9905 wrote:Thanks Cindy, Im actualy watching one on ebay, and thats kind of what im after no senses. :gag:
I am very happy with it, uses 3 padlocks and cant be removed without the keys, but I dont recomend it for SB, you cant hear or see 8)
Sin :gag: :whip:
If your not playing on the edge, your taking up to much space...............................
CINDY123@BAK.RR.COM
scarfbind

Post by scarfbind »

rhino9905 wrote:Has anyone used a locking leather sensory depravation hood in a self bondage session. Im looking into buying one to highten my experience along with some other strict bondage. Does anyone have any recomendations on where to buy from
I got one from Leather Creations that is quite strict, the only opening is a small hole over the mouth. I have worn it when alone, but without any other bondage. I'd be a little hesitant to have my hands restrained and this hood on, without someone around me to watch.

Of course, the hood locks, and one of my favorite things is to put the key somewhere very easy to locate (and very impossible to lose) and then lock the hood on.
Cindy123

Post by Cindy123 »

[quote="scarfbind I got one from Leather Creations that is quite strict, the only opening is a small hole over the mouth. I have worn it when alone, but without any other bondage. I'd be a little hesitant to have my hands restrained and this hood on, without someone around me to watch.

Of course, the hood locks, and one of my favorite things is to put the key somewhere very easy to locate (and very impossible to lose) and then lock the hood on.[/quote]

I think you will find it very exciting having someone put you in bondage with this type of hood locked to your head. :D
The way I use mine is, I strip, lock the hood on, and I know my top has blank nude body to work with, and the best part for me is, I dont know what is going to happen to me, and how I am going to be bound. :shock:
Remember you cant hear at all, and this leaves the top totaly in charge of you, and you wonder what is going to happen next. :roll:
One drawback is you can only have it on for a short time ((its gets very hot)) :(
Sin :gag: :whip:
CINDY123@BAK.RR.COM
scarfbind

Post by scarfbind »

Cindy123 wrote:[quote="scarfbind I got one from Leather Creations that is quite strict, the only opening is a small hole over the mouth. I have worn it when alone, but without any other bondage. I'd be a little hesitant to have my hands restrained and this hood on, without someone around me to watch.

Of course, the hood locks, and one of my favorite things is to put the key somewhere very easy to locate (and very impossible to lose) and then lock the hood on.
I think you will find it very exciting having someone put you in bondage with this type of hood locked to your head. :D
The way I use mine is, I strip, lock the hood on, and I know my top has blank nude body to work with, and the best part for me is, I dont know what is going to happen to me, and how I am going to be bound. :shock:
Remember you cant hear at all, and this leaves the top totaly in charge of you, and you wonder what is going to happen next. :roll:
One drawback is you can only have it on for a short time ((its gets very hot)) :(
Sin :gag: :whip:[/quote]

Oh I meant just using it alone for self-bondage. I have had it used on me by someone else, and have used it on a partner who I have already restrained. In both cases, yes omg yes, it is one sexy, intense piece of bondage gear. Whoever is wearing it is TOTALLY helpless!
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

I just got a hood like the one pictured above from Spices For Love -- leather @ ~$70. (cheaper for PU). It's not bad.I was unsure about the small mouth hole, but quickly discovered that:
  • The padding around the mouth creates a cavity below your nose and in front of your mouth; that means you can breathe through either. I'm still toying around with the idea of adding a couple of nostril holes just to be a little more certain of not impeding airflow.
  • Even if the mouth hole is completely blocked, you can still breathe. The stitching is not as tight as it could be (in fact you can see daylight through it as you put it on, although once the eye padding is in place and the hood tightened, that quickly disappears). Breathing becomes harder work, but at least for short periods of blockage seems OK.
  • As a blindfold, it's completely effective.
  • I'm not really sure about the utility of the ear padding. You certainly can hear stuff through it. I'd be thinking about ear plugs or a white noise generator (MP3 player looped with a white noise or ocean recording) if you want to block out noise.
  • With padlocks in place (the ones that come with it are really cheap and nasty), the locks rattling in the buckles are actually quite noisy.
Moving around the house hooded, ankles strapped together (two inch steps) and hands cuffed is ... interesting.
BondageGames

Post by BondageGames »

Always been intriguing, but I can't bring myself to get one for Self-Bondage. Too much of an unnecessary risk, sadly. :|
bobbi

Post by bobbi »

i been wanting one. i have not been worried about the risk if i can breathe we are good. i cant see my unlocking mechanism most of the time anyway (behind back, dark room). i found their price salty though that is the only reason i have not gotten one.

i am trying to save money. albiet, horribly. my latest panthose/tights/whateveriseeatthestoreinthewomansdepartment shopping is killing me.