Balloon instead of ice?

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
chicken_minute

Balloon instead of ice?

Post by chicken_minute »

just an idea. I'm wondering if a balloon could be used to suspend a key - I'm not sure how long a balloon would take to deflate but they do go down after a while.
jake

Post by jake »

Yeah, days if you're not careful. That would be hard to measure how long it would stay up for. Good idea though, you could have a really tall ceiling, and then spend a weekend in bondage waiting for the balloon to deflate!
MadRabbit

Post by MadRabbit »

Yeah, I think it depends on the balloon and how good it is holding the helium. I've had balloons that last days, and others that only lasted a single day. I'd not want to use something so unpredictable for an intense session, but I agree with xatm that it could make for an interesting weekend session.

One thing you could do is use it in a long crawl scenario. You could suspend the key from the balloon so that it is reachable from your knees. With a blindfold on, that could make it more interesting than just searching for the key on the floor...
chicken_minute

Post by chicken_minute »

LOL! I like that idea Rabbit. 8)
chicken_minute

Post by chicken_minute »

I agree that it would probably be too unpredictable and it would be an awfully long session.. but can you imagine crawling around, not knowing what time of day or night it is and having to wait for for the ballon to come down?

I don't suppose the balloon would even make much noise to give you an idea of where it was so you'd be repeatedly reaching out blindly trying to feel for an object that may or may not be there! :P
LoRee
Retired Moderator

Post by LoRee »

You can easily regulate the height the key is aloft by;
A: The size of the balloon you use.
B: The amount of helium you use in the balloon.
C: the weight of the keyring, or weight you attach to the keyring.
Yes balloons can be very unpredictable. But they can be controlled.
Heres an idea for a crawling bound scenario, regulate the altitude of the balloon at 6 feet or so. Have the key dangling from a string just within or out of reach of your hogtied body. Then use an oscillating fan, or maybe two or more, to cause the key to wander about while you grope blindly for you freedom. You could even use timers to turn the fans on and off at random. :evil: :twisted: :P Happy Hunting
"I find it far more annoying when the universe makes me work for damnation. I prefer it just gave it to me and save me the effort"
neo

Post by neo »

Hints and tips for those waiting for balloons to drop...

Rubber helium filled balloon lasts about 1 to 2 days.
Foil helium filled balloon lasts around a week or more.

Plus you have the key weight to deal with. I'm guessing 2 or 3 standard rubber balloons could lift a small key.

I like the idea though... kinda romantic really :) And you could probably survive a week or so with hands and feet chained, unable to jump, reach up or climb a ladder. You could still cook, watch telly and all the important stuff in life...
LoRee
Retired Moderator

Post by LoRee »

neo wrote:
Plus you have the key weight to deal with. I'm guessing 2 or 3 standard rubber balloons could lift a small key.
Well I have been sitting here watching an 8 inch diameter helium filled balloon resting against my ceiling, holding an inch long luggage key suspended from an 8 inch long string, for the last hour or so. So I guess you guessed wrong neo. Unless you wanted to make sure it doesn't come down for a week or more. I once observed eight identical sized helium filled balloons hung out for decoration. Two didn't last much more than an hour. Three others were done by the end of the day. (Sundown) One more was spent by dawn the next day. Next to last lasted two and a half days, and the last one made it to the end of the week nearly six whole days. Yeah, like has been already said, Balloons are unpredictable.
I'll let you know how long my little green key holding experiment lasts when it is done. :mrgreen:
"I find it far more annoying when the universe makes me work for damnation. I prefer it just gave it to me and save me the effort"
chicken_minute

Post by chicken_minute »

LOL! :D
Thanks for the test Lo Ree! I guess ballons just aren't an option .. oh well. :wink:
neo

Post by neo »

LoRee wrote:neo wrote:
Well I have been sitting here watching an 8 inch diameter helium filled balloon resting against my ceiling, holding an inch long luggage key suspended from an 8 inch long string, for the last hour or so. So I guess you guessed wrong neo.
Odd that. But none of the three helium balloons that were here last week could lift the combined weight of a ribbon and a small plastic animal shape designed to stop them floating away. The flat plastic shapes can't have weighed more than a couple of grams. Fine for really small luggage keys maybe?
LoRee
Retired Moderator

Post by LoRee »

It was said more than once, but I will repeated it again for those who may have missed it; Rubber helium filled balloon are unpredictable! I am at a loss to explain why as I am not a scientist in that field. Clearly your experience with Rubber helium filled balloons may be different. :mrgreen:
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

Ok, so it is unpredictable. That means that it is a very poor "release deliverer".
jake

Post by jake »

Anybody else thought that the unpredicatability makes it even more kinky? If you have a week, lock yourself indoors in bondage for a week, you can still move around etc. but maybe you have your legs in anklecuffs to make it hard to walk, and a small butt plug (not a large one, that would be very bad for a whole week)
LoRee
Retired Moderator

Post by LoRee »

Anna said
So, some balloons leeks more than other. What about condoms?
Condoms? Depend on what you use them for I guess. More to the point , what do you fill them with?:lol:
Well I've got three oscillating fans, a bag of "High Quality" balloons (Well that's what it says on the bag! Finest rubber balloons Chinese dissident prisoners can produce), and a small tank of "High Quality" helium. (OK so that's only my opinion)handcuffs, a chain screw link, legcuffs, and a money lock box. Throw in a ballgag, blindfold, a pair of high heels and maybe a butt plug and you've got a recipe for a very interesting unpredictable scenario.
BTW, while I was writing this post, my green rubber helium balloon holding my luggage lock key aloft, unexpectedly pop. :lol: :oops: :roll: Oh well :!:
Nightguy

Post by Nightguy »

LoRee wrote:neo wrote:
Well I have been sitting here watching an 8 inch diameter helium filled balloon resting against my ceiling, holding an inch long luggage key suspended from an 8 inch long string, for the last hour or so. So I guess you guessed wrong neo. Unless you wanted to make sure it doesn't come down for a week or more. I once observed eight identical sized helium filled balloons hung out for decoration. Two didn't last much more than an hour. Three others were done by the end of the day. (Sundown) One more was spent by dawn the next day. Next to last lasted two and a half days, and the last one made it to the end of the week nearly six whole days. Yeah, like has been already said, Balloons are unpredictable.
I'll let you know how long my little green key holding experiment lasts when it is done. :mrgreen:

Well there's one way of doing it then. Use a half dozen balloons, all with an escape key, and just use the first one to fall down!

Here's another version of the ballon release.
Get a hundred balloons all the same color. Blow them all up with ordinary air, and try to make sure they are all the same size so you cant tell them apart. Oh, and in ONE of those balloons you have placed a key that will release you from your bondage, or at least get you started.
All these balloons get put into one room so that you cannot tell which one has the key in it.
Then, get yourself ready in any way you choose, only with the addition of something pointy attached to you somewhere...for example, the ladies could tape a sharp thumb tack to a nipple, or the guys could tape a tack on a stick to an erect penis.
Whatever you choose to do, the object then is to go ahead and start popping balloons until you find the one with the key. Depending on your bondage...etc, this can be as hard or as easy as you like!