Post Office Boxes for Bondage Items??

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
RedSoxFan

Post Office Boxes for Bondage Items??

Post by RedSoxFan »

I live in my parents house still and don't want to send stuff I order from online websites to my house for obvious reasons. :roll: .
I want to get a P.O. box but I'm not sure what you need to do to go about getting one of these. Will they ever send it to my house for any reasons? Also, does anyone know if Bondage websites typically send your packages unmarked or are they marked. Thanks!
BondageGames

Re: Post Office Boxes for Bondage Items??

Post by BondageGames »

Normally, bondage gear providers understand the fact that you want your privacy. I've never had a purchase be marked as what it was other than a pair of boots I bought once. And that doesn't even technically count as bondage gear.
cheap_sb

Post by cheap_sb »

RedSoxFan wrote:Also, does anyone know if Bondage websites typically send your packages unmarked or are they marked.
I know Extreme Restraints sends packages "brown box" style under their "parent" company's name which at first glance is pretty innocent.
Jadit

Post by Jadit »

I don't know where you live, but what i've ordered from net is from many different stores. They're always packed so well that even post employee might not know what's inside. You can choose if it's mailed directly to your house for extra fee or to nearest post office which is the default here. The post office however sends a small ticket by mail (and SMS text message if sender marked your mobile number) that you need in order to get the box from post office.

In addition to that some netstores can even send you tracking number of the box. This number can be used to track where in the world the box is moving and if you see that it arrives to your post, take the number (and driver's license or other personal ID) with you and you can get the box. They will skip the ticket phase this way as it would be sent next morning.

edit: About shoes i had the same. Bought from eBay and they came in big red box with "Sex***" words in big letters. I've never been as embarrassed in my life i guess but it was quiet night in the post office and the employee didn't make it any special issue :oops:
Last edited by Jadit on 07 Dec 2010, 16:19, edited 1 time in total.
onestrangeguy

Post by onestrangeguy »

Indeed it would help if we at least knew what country you lived in.

Find your local UPS store and rent a box there. You don't really need anything but the fee, and maybe your ID. I've had one for over two years now. Your address will look like an apartment number, so vendors won't give you a hastle about not shipping to a PO box. UPS will sign for all your packages, so you don't have to go running to the post office to do that. One feature I love is that they send you an E-Mail whenever a package arrives so that you don't have to go to check an empty box every day.
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
RedSoxFan

Post by RedSoxFan »

I live in the United States BTW. :wink:
onestrangeguy

Post by onestrangeguy »

RedSoxFan wrote:I live in the United States BTW. :wink:
Yep! UPS goes there. :lol:
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
RedSoxFan

Post by RedSoxFan »

Alright so I'm opening a UPS mailbox but I have a few questions. I was on Extremerestraints and was going to buy a pair of heels and it said it doesn't send them to P.O. boxes. Will they still send it to my UPS box or am i screwed??

And how much does it cost to open a UPS box??
And how is the Sub Shop, should i consider ordering from there instead?
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

Are you getting your box at the Post Office, (USPS) or a UPS store? They are not the same. If you are getting a UPS box, they should give you a physical address,as well as a box number.

If a company doesn't ship to PO Boxes, it means they use UPS , Fedex, or another similar shipping company, not the US mail.

You should be able to look up the box rental rates online. Also, if all you are going to use it for is bondage goodies deliveries, get the smallest (cheapest) box available. There's no sense paying for a huge box, they will let you know that you have a package waiting, which you can pick up at the counter.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
lj

Post by lj »

Another gentle warning, this applies in the UK, may well do so elsewhere.

I ordered a pair of handcuffs from what appeared to be a UK supplier (from the address etc) via EBay. They duly arrived by post, neatly packed in a padded bag, with a set of brightly coloured stamps from Thailand, and a Customs label which stated contents a "HANDCUFFS" :shock:

These arrived in the hands of the young Post-Lady, who must have read the label and I had to sign for the package. Oh well...
be a switch, double the fun :-)
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

That should only be a problem if the package has to come through customs. Ordering from Extreme Restraints, or the Sub Shop, for delivery in the US won't be a problem, the packaging is plain, with no indication of content.

When I use E-Bay, I always use the "North America only" filter. I don't know if other countries have a similar filter. Either way, if you are bidding on "sensitive" items, you can ask the seller where the item will ship from before bidding, (unless you are sniping an item you found just before the sale ends).
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.