Locking cuffs?

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
not1975

Locking cuffs?

Post by not1975 »

Hello. I'm looking to get some different cuffs. I have had the buckle type, and currently the Velcro type. My issue is, these kinds of cuffs don't work in any position where your hands are close to each other. I'm trying to find some locking/ratcheting padded cuffs at a decent price. Any advice? Thanks in advance.
ruru67

Re: Locking cuffs?

Post by ruru67 »

It's pretty hard to go past the Stockroom's basic leather cuffs. Either these old standbys, the locking hasp cuff, or the locking buckle cuffs.

The buckle cuffs have the advantage that they don't need to be padlocked to stay closed. The hasp cuffs' advantage is that you can use quite a big padlock to secure the cuff closed and to secure it to something else, as the hasp is a ruddy great plate staple that's riveted in four places to one end of the cuff and passes through the other end.

Choose your poison; the prices are pretty similar, and I've seen nasty synthetic rubbish with crappy buckles for a lot more.
pansexual

Post by pansexual »

Have such too. Just perfect.
Plan ahead. Don't be overambitious. Slowly step by step. Play safe. Have fun. And tell us.
Jadit

Post by Jadit »

I figured 1 little problem with leather cuffs; you can't use single padlock for both arms. Simply fingers can't reach there :? So i have a little different approach with them... (always so creative)
- Pvc gloves with key rings (the spiral like rings that you can put keys in) attached to 2 of the finger ends, i use them for little finger and thumb. Sorry about ruining the good gloves with small holes but it was worth it. You can put some strong tape on the ring sharp edges so 1) they won't damage the gloves around holes and 2) You can't take them off.
- The leather cuffs put with rope, led to unreachable position.
- Then padlock all 4 rings from both hands into something else and helplessness ensues. Not only wrists, but you can hardly even move your fingers, easily enough to open the padlock when needed though.
Putting a ring on index and/or middle finger too might really prevent you from opening the lock too...
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

A luggage lock through the first hole in the strap past the buckle will keep them on until unlocked with the key (which you have placed out of reach until you are released from the position you have bound yourself into).

A single larger lock will hold two cuffs together, and still be able to be released with just the use of a key held in the fingers.
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

Jadit wrote:I figured 1 little problem with leather cuffs; you can't use single padlock for both arms. Simply fingers can't reach there
I'm pretty sure when I had a pair of Stockroom leather cuffs, I had no real difficulty locking (and unlocking) them with one padlock in play.

But I have a a pair of metal cuffs like this:
ChromeShackles-Small.jpg
I can get into them single-handed just fine. It's a little fiddly, and I use a slightly bigger padlock than the one that came with them. That one is rubbish, it doesn't even have pins in it, so one can turn the lock with anything that can engage the keyway.

However, the lock can fit one of two ways: towards the wrists, or away from them. If towards, the padlock is between the heels of the hands, and can be a nuisance (the original padlock was actually filed down to round the corners). If facing away from the wrists, you can't get a key into it with your fingers.

The escape plan then is to get the key in a pair of pliers or adjustable spanner, hold it between the knees and manoeuvre the padlock onto the key and turn. Fiddly, but doable. Requires usable knees.

Either way, it's very restrictive, even when locked in front. The cuffs move around a bit, but not a great deal.

I haven't been daft enough to lock them with one padlock behind my back though ... A very short chain and two padlocks is fiddly enough for the round the back.
Jadit

Post by Jadit »

Ones i have are these http://www.antishop.fi/kauppa/images/jf1240.jpg

But i just did another try and managed to lock and open, but i had to hold the key between fingertip and hand and it was little tricky. The hard part is that they are so wide and hands come so close together. Managed just barely to do it with smaller lock too... But those would both be impossible from behind back.
And as you see the lock is sideways.
marylandsissy

Post by marylandsissy »

I love the look of those steel ones. Where did you get them from?
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

marylandsissy wrote:I love the look of those steel ones. Where did you get them from?
Ever lovin' Ebay. The seller I bought them from doesn't seem to sell them any more, but lots of other sellers do. Search for "metal cuffs", "steel cuffs" or "wrist shackles"; all of these got hits in the first couple of pages. Pick the cheapest. :wink: They shipped direct from China, and got to me surprisingly quickly.

And yeah, they're nice. They're chunky and nicely rounded, and don't leave marks when I struggle against them.
RADER

Post by RADER »

I got mine from the Sub Shop, and reasonable too. Rader :D