Leather cleaning

Anything that does not fit any of the other categories.
focussb

Leather cleaning

Post by focussb »

i was wondering what products should i use to clean my leather objects (collar, leather of the ball gag etc.)?
can some one tell me plz?
BobViron

Re: Leather cleaning

Post by BobViron »

I am after the same information!

I remember there was a post that discussed this very subject but I have failed to find it. A cream was mentioned to revise old leather and make it soft and supple but I can’t recall the name of it.

I’ve just bought some wrist cuffs that are very stuff and new and want to make them more pliable.

Bob
lj

Post by lj »

get it from a horse/equestrian supplier/shop, there are several types available designed to keep leather waterproof and supple. They tend to be oil-based (not engine oil!) and are unlikely to be suitable for the part of a gag actually in the mouth as they will taste awful and may not be safe.

Just ask the assistant for something to keep leather in good condition. If you want some amusement, tell them what you intend to use it on...a bit like asking for a crop and when asked what type of horse, saying it is for a young lady. Though the last one I bought, the assistant didn't even bother, she clearly knew it wasn't going to be used on a horse...I had just spent several minutes going through the different designs and thwacking my hand to see what it felt like. :twisted: and it sounds even better on my sub's bum :D
be a switch, double the fun :-)
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

I use mink oil - not really oil but a kind of greasy paste - to keep my leather goodies supple, especially my boots.
lj wrote:I had just spent several minutes going through the different designs and thwacking my hand to see what it felt like. :twisted: and it sounds even better on my sub's bum :D
I have noted that too. :twisted:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
onestrangeguy

Post by onestrangeguy »

I've always used stuff called 'Neatsfoot Oil'. The label says 100% pure, leather softener, preserver. It's an oily type product, and you just rub it on. I find an old toothbrush works well. It's available in shoe places, or where leather goods are sold. Most often I've seen it used, and used it on stuff like hiking boots. It also helps protect them from water damage. Let it soak in well before using the item.
I'm not exactly sure what a "Neat" is, or where they get the feet from though. :lol:
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

I suppose a neat's foot is like mohair. What's a mo? :lol:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
hetmandf

Post by hetmandf »

I have been using saddle soap applied with a soft rag every year or so. I use just a little and work it in thoroughly.
I may be crazy, But I'm not insane
BondageGames

Post by BondageGames »

bound_jenny wrote:I use mink oil - not really oil but a kind of greasy paste - to keep my leather goodies supple, especially my boots.

Jenny.
Mink Oil isn't a bad choice at all. There are a few really good products (I refer to them as shoe lotion) that I can't think of the name of off the top of my head. I do know that Saddle Soap usually works pretty well. I'll look them up. I know it works really well on leather. We hoard it for ourselves when we get an order of it into the store instead of selling it all >.> It helps a lot when stretching and "refreshing" shoes, although it is for all and any leather (besides patent).

Note to self: add to shoe sticky :S

EDIT: The top one that I was thinking of is called "Leather Restore" by the brand Kiwi (Ruby is the parent company). Problem that arises now is that I have no idea how to get my hands on it outside of work. Sorry for the false hope.

I can say that Fiebing is a pretty good company to get leather care items from (another "child" of Ruby, or course :lol: ). Almost all of their stuff is top notch.
nitro
Retired Moderator

Post by nitro »

bound_jenny wrote:I suppose a neat's foot is like mohair. What's a mo? :lol:

Jenny.
I was listening to a radio show a few months ago. The news program was reporting tha the US spends millions of dollars every year to maintain a few heard of sheep for mohair production. Mohair has not been used in military uniforms since WW-II.. I had heard of mohair before but I was not sure what animal it was from.

From Wiki: "he word "mohair" was adopted into English before 1570 from the Arabic mukhayyar,[1] a type of haircloth, literally 'choice" "It is one of the oldest textile fibers in use."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohair

So your mo is a goat... :) Now how neat are your feet again? :gag: :whip:
focussb

Post by focussb »

thanks to everybody sorry for the long time between the posts (troubles with the phone company :( )