68-70 and i'm not talking about basketball, but tennis

Anything that does not fit any of the other categories.
ponylady

68-70 and i'm not talking about basketball, but tennis

Post by ponylady »

this is fucking incredible.

the game started on tuesday @ wimbledon on court 18 *capacity= 800*

it was suspended after 4 sets because of darkness.

little did everyone knew that history was in the making when they picked up the racket again on wednesday.

the record for the longest match in tennis was about 77 games for the whole match. isner vs. mahut was again suspended for darkness
@ 59-59 in the 5th set.

meanwhile they broke all the records in tennis. 215 aces combined. 11:05 hours total time. even the umpire
had to call for a medical break after 7 hours on the chair.
they were about 3.000 people watching @ the end on wednesday, with almost all the stars of the game watching
shoulder-to-shoulder with the crowd. nobody dared to move, because they would lose their place/seat.

well, today isner & mahut were @ it again with isner finally winning it 70-68.

that's like a basketball game with 15 overtimes, 50 innings of baseball or a golf playoff of 36 holes.

btw: isner still has a double match to play today.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

more info @ wimbledon.org
[
ben63376

Re: 68-70 and i'm not talking about basketball, but tennis

Post by ben63376 »

wow impressive
Know yourself. If you need help, call the FBI.
BondageGames

Re: 68-70 and i'm not talking about basketball, but tennis

Post by BondageGames »

ponylady wrote:that's like a basketball game with 15 overtimes, 50 innings of baseball or a golf playoff of 36 holes.

Not to mention, Tennis is MUCH more physically intense than any of those sports.

Imagine it like driving a car. If you're on the freeway/highway you get better mpg than if you're on city roads. The reason being that stopping and starting up again and again 1000 times, along with all the momentum shifting, takes a HUGE toll on your energy supply. more than you could imagine :S