DIY Vacbed seal

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
PlymWS

DIY Vacbed seal

Post by PlymWS »

Hi all,

Unfortunately my vacbed bag split quite badly so I've replaced it. However the old bag was latex with a YKK zip and the new bag is PVC ( wife prefers it ). So I'm trying to find a method of sealing the bag. It only has one opening on one of the short sides, think bin bag but bigger and thicker. Would it be easier to glue in a new airtight zip or is there another alternative I could try.

Thanks for any help.
onestrangeguy

Re: DIY Vacbed seal

Post by onestrangeguy »

What you need is one of those 'Zippers' like the ones they use on food storage bags, like a ziplock bag, only a much bigger one. I have no idea where you might find such a thing though. :hi:
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
CrazyMetalFuka

Post by CrazyMetalFuka »

I would have thought you would be able to patch the rip. You'd need a patch of latex and a latex glue. You'r best of asking a latex clothe shop, I guess they might be able to recomend a sutable glue, or even supply you with an off-cut if you ask really nicely.
Carpe Diem
Kronopticon

Post by Kronopticon »

or generous amounts of liquid latex itself overlapped might just do the job, i dont know, but its worth a shot, and if you have any left, you can stick you and your wife together :P
http://fetlife.com/users/209924 <- My Fetlife Page
"If you're enjoying it, that means you're doing it right."
PlymWS

Post by PlymWS »

The rip itself is about 6 inches long and goes around one of the edges where the frame is. I tried to repair it once but the repair failed so I went and got the PVC replacement bag.
onestrangeguy

Post by onestrangeguy »

I've repaired latex items before with good success. For glue, go to an auto parts store and buy a can of tire patch cement for about $1.98. As mentioned above, you'll need some additional latex for the patch. Clean the surfaces thoroughly with a good solvent before doing anything else, and don't touch the cleaned surfaces. The oil on your fingers will cause problems. The patches I've made don't look pretty, but they sure were functional.
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.