Banknote safety

Post your scenarios here. You can also request a scenario here.
Kat10

Banknote safety

Post by Kat10 »

I was thinking that an effective safety device would be to require you to destroy a large banknote / several banknotes - just adjust the amount according to how rich you are (!), and you would have a safety that could be very easy to use but only as a last resort...

Can anyone think of a good system? The simpler, the better... no fire or acid, obviously!
G4K-DK

Re: Banknote safety

Post by G4K-DK »

You could take a thin plastic box (one of those you can get food or such in), then cut a hole in the top of it, and clamp the note in there (the small holes that it will make in it don't mean anything where i live, might check up on that before continuing), after clamped in, you put the key in the box, and glue the lid on, or clamp it on if possible. Only way to get the note off without ripping it apart would be to use some tools to gently pull the clamps out. And if you need to get in, you can press a finger through the note, and destroy it but get the key out through that
Kronopticon

Post by Kronopticon »

i was thinking about a kind of shredder situation. you have a shredder in an unreachable place, with a peice of string in it, it is "on" but not switched on at the plug socket, turning it on causes the shredder to tear up the money, and release the string.
http://fetlife.com/users/209924 <- My Fetlife Page
"If you're enjoying it, that means you're doing it right."
str0be

Post by str0be »

I like the premise of this. It could be even something simple like poking a few holes in the bill. tie a string through one hole and loop a keychain through a bunch of the other holes. Then attach the string so that you can get at the key with your mouth and rip it free. With your hands free you could unhook the keychain without ripping the bill but with your mouth that would be a lot harder.
bum

Post by bum »

Here's my solution ...
banknote-safety.jpg
I guess paper shredder would be a ultimate solution. Maybe put banknotes (or some other important papers - maybe unique photos or documents?) in the shredder and trigger the power with a string you have to pull to get the keys...
onestrangeguy

Post by onestrangeguy »

:hi:
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
Kat10

Post by Kat10 »

wow, I haven't checked this board in a little while, but thanks everyone, especially bum - that is incredible work! I think I will try to build one now...
BoundSub

Post by BoundSub »

Kronopticon wrote:i was thinking about a kind of shredder situation.
Even with a shredder, you have high probability that you will be able to get your money back. Thus, this will not be as effective as you think.

OTOH, it might help as a mind game.