The Head Box

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
nikkyinheels

The Head Box

Post by nikkyinheels »

Here's a little something I made... :)

Front

Back

Basically just a simple wood box - panels screwed to 1x1s in each of the corners. 2 holes for a bike U lock, add a hinge (was the hardest part) and done...
I scavenged the wood from a broken dresser - the sides are just the sides of the drawers. Not the best quality wood, but it was free :) Just drill pilot holes and screw the screws in by hand (power drills can cause it to split.
I was going to add a wooden neck hole in the bottom (to sort of seal everything) but airflow was a problem - so thus the bike lock.

Not for the claustrophobics, heh.

BTW.. my fetlife.
http://fetlife.com/users/260549
nikkyinheels

Re: The Head Box

Post by nikkyinheels »

It's still pretty stuffy in there (there is a bit of rebreathing) but there is more than enough air (no dizziness, etc)
I spent an night in it and it was pretty fucked up :) The eyebolt on the top can be attached to whatever :)

I'm a bit worried about the U part of the lock pressing against the carotid artery - it's not that it's tight (unless someone grabs the back of the lock and pulls) but I'm just naturally concerned about the possibility of something happening.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Why did I just think of Senor Wences? :lol:

Nice work! :D

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

Looks great!
But you are probably right to be concerned about the bike lock. You never know what might happen and anything that could cause problem could do just that. But I have no good idea what you could use instead to secure the box to its place.
CrazyMetalFuka

Post by CrazyMetalFuka »

Indeed it looks good!
How about drilling a set of small holes over the mouth/nose area, would help with circulation. Would also allow you to add a wooden bottom to seal the neck, which would seal both front an back and probably be safer than just the bike lock.

Or, to make the bike lock safer, fasten the back half of the lock onto the back of the box using some metal strips, so if the lock gets pulled, the whole box moves instead of the lock pulling agianst the neck.
Carpe Diem
RADER

Post by RADER »

By drilling holes, about 1" in size, 2 or 3 in the rear, 1 tot and 1 bottom in the sides,
you will get some cross ventalation. I made one once, and got a snorkle tube and
mouth piece for the mouth. It acted like a gag, and still let the person breath quite
well. I also put high denisity fome inside for a real Head Trip. Rader :D
nikkyinheels

Post by nikkyinheels »

:) I think even if I go for a wooden neck thing, it will still have the same issue with possibly pressing on the carotid (unless I make the neck thing really big, like 2+ inches). I think I might just use a bar type setup. I suspect the risk is far less for straight cuts...
On your back, there isn't a problem with the lock, but it's a bit uncomfortable (I know, I know, talking about comfort when sleeping in this) to sleep with your wrists cuffed behind you.
Oh... :) I drilled small holes in each side - I put a screw through the holes into wooden dowels - if the person inside lays their head down, they get poked in the face by the screw heads :)
nikkyinheels

Post by nikkyinheels »

RADER wrote:By drilling holes, about 1" in size, 2 or 3 in the rear, 1 tot and 1 bottom in the sides,
you will get some cross ventalation. I made one once, and got a snorkle tube and
mouth piece for the mouth. It acted like a gag, and still let the person breath quite
well. I also put high denisity fome inside for a real Head Trip. Rader :D
In V2, I might use a perforated piece of steel as the back which will allow more than enough air flow through it (and also let me play a bit with an electric heater, wood is an excellent insulator :)

Snorkle is a really good idea, thanks :) Hard to get airflow with sound isolation, been using ear plugs so far...
Audrey_CD

Post by Audrey_CD »

[quote="nikkyinheels"]I'm a bit worried about the U part of the lock pressing against the carotid artery - it's not that it's tight (unless someone grabs the back of the lock and pulls) but I'm just naturally concerned about the possibility of something happening.[/quote]

Instead of the u-lock attaching you to the back of the box, something coming from the door under your chin, shaped and padded to go loosely around your neck, once your nose presses against the door this shutter wouldn't be able to move further back against the artery.