posture bar

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
bobbi

posture bar

Post by bobbi »

i am surprised it took me this long to figure it out. i first seen one of these a while back but they are so expensive! talking like 120usd and it does not even look like it could take that much abuse.

i (and probably many of us) already have a locking posture collar, and locking cuffs. therefore i was only missing one piece, the bar itself. and duh, a bar, already made several spreader bars. just had to cut one to be the right length for my arms! sorry for the blurry photo again but its pretty hard to focus a camera from behind your back lol.

posture obviously not that good yet since the bar is not straight vertical lol

sadly i do not look as regal as the girl in the first picture >_>

because padlocks were used to lock to the eyelets on the bar to the rings on the cuff this is very easy to get out of, assuming you have access to the key! because the elbows are free the arms never felt tired or numb. i watched the entire first part of alice on scifi last night like this, which I think was two hours. tv remote was about the only thing i could work this way lol.

eventually i am going to stain it to look old, whenever i find time i have a few wood projects i want to do that to now.
RADER

Re: posture bar

Post by RADER »

Good job; thats yousing your head. You are correct in saying that
some of the bondage idems you see anywhere is over priced.
Specialy when it comes to furnature and the like. I guss that the
sellers believe that they have us in a BIND. LOL :hi: Rader
onestrangeguy

Post by onestrangeguy »

solostill wrote:because the elbows are free the arms never felt tired or numb.
It certainly looks as though that problem (Free elbows) could be fixed easily enough, but that would almost definately make it harder to get out of, and perhaps even prevent you from accessing the remote. :lol:
bobbi

Post by bobbi »

in terms of SELFbondage i do not consider free elbows a problem lol. had bad experiences before >_>
lj

Post by lj »

that has given me some inspiration for my sub's next session, thanks a lot, I'd forgotten I had a pic of something similar and meant to use it one day. I'll just have to check I have the length of the broom-handle right for her :D

I think my version cost about £3 including the screw-eyelets at each end and a spare in the middle...just right for the elbow cuffs..brilliant...thanks again
be a switch, double the fun :-)
satingag

Post by satingag »

I went to Walmart and bought a telescoping paint-roller handle. It was only . . . I don't remember exactly, but it wasn't very expensive.

It pulls out to about 6' in length(1.8m for our Metric friends), and when I use it, I'll use extra rope to tie my feet, knees, waist and arms to it.

It even has a hole in one end, to hang it from a hook, that I can tie the ends of my gag through.
Every time I press the 'Submit' button, this lady in leather pops up and tries to whip me! I keep telling her "thanks, but I don't do that" but she doesn't listen!
bobbi

Post by bobbi »

how strong is it though? some of those telescoping tubes feel like they can be folded/bent without much effort. these oak (i think) dowels seem to be near impossible to snap short of like, using them as a club or bat. that is the main thing with me, durability.
onestrangeguy

Post by onestrangeguy »

You're right, of course, on the strength issue. On the other handif it's applied properly the sub probably won't be able to apply much pressure to break it because they won't have any leverage. The same principle applies when your arms are held to your sides with a thin piece of saran wrap.
Another issue is would the sub risk further torment for breaking the equipment in the first place? :twisted:
satingag

Post by satingag »

solostill wrote:how strong is it though? some of those telescoping tubes feel like they can be folded/bent without much effort. these oak (i think) dowels seem to be near impossible to snap short of like, using them as a club or bat. that is the main thing with me, durability.
Dunno, I've never really strained against it.

I'll secure it in several places and it seems to hold me pretty still.

As onestrangeguy sez, it's 'leverage.'

I guess.
Every time I press the 'Submit' button, this lady in leather pops up and tries to whip me! I keep telling her "thanks, but I don't do that" but she doesn't listen!
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

You could add a "T" bar at the elbows, that could keep them in place and may not cause problems...
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
nikkyinheels

Post by nikkyinheels »

Elbows shouldn't really be an issue - the length of the pole is going to keep you from moving them very much. More restriction, longer pole :)
bobbi

Post by bobbi »

nikkyinheels wrote:Elbows shouldn't really be an issue - the length of the pole is going to keep you from moving them very much. More restriction, longer pole :)
right.

also getting it on (and off) would be pretty tricky with elbows mounts. i do not disagree that they would make it more awesome, but I think I would need help which I do not have to get it on and off then.
lj

Post by lj »

I came up with a variant of this.

If the broomhandle is almost full-length, with an eyelet at each end and another in the middle, you can link one end to ankle cuffs, the other to a collar, and the hands cuffed to the middle eyelet. If fitted when kneeling you will stay kneeling, back straight.

Make two short poles to the same design, plus the longer one as above, and clip the short ones to the ends of the long one and you have a "H" shape. Ankles and wrists each to an eyelet at the ends of the short poles (on the floor of course) and you are now fixed kneeling on all-fours. The eyelet in the middle of the long pole is now in a great position to fit the clover clamps, maintaining a very submissive position.

Both tried and tested on my sub, she certainly wasn't going anywhere, so it would work for SB as well :-)
be a switch, double the fun :-)
bobbi

Post by bobbi »

lj wrote:If the broomhandle is almost full-length, with an eyelet at each end and another in the middle, you can link one end to ankle cuffs, the other to a collar, and the hands cuffed to the middle eyelet. If fitted when kneeling you will stay kneeling, back straight.

Make two short poles to the same design, plus the longer one as above, and clip the short ones to the ends of the long one and you have a "H" shape. Ankles and wrists each to an eyelet at the ends of the short poles (on the floor of course) and you are now fixed kneeling on all-fours. The eyelet in the middle of the long pole is now in a great position to fit the clover clamps, maintaining a very submissive position.
these ideas are great, myself i love coming up with new ideas for the simple as ever items.
webweaver85

Post by webweaver85 »

I have never used the dowel method before, it appears strong but really with enough struggling the eye bolts will come loose, or at least they have in other projects I have done in the past.

To forgo this potential problem and keep with me love for metal hardware a created my spreader bar out of steel and it only costs about 15 usd. So about 3 times that of a dowel bar but still a far cry from the store bought one. AND by cutting down the bar or simply buying a smaller metal tube you car easily come up with a posture bar. (which is next project)

I used a 3 foot metal tube as the bar, on the ends I used hex sleeve anchors to seal the tube and provide the base for rod coupling nuts which will screw right on the anchor and you can take eye bolts and screw them into the couplers. Though if you ever try this method I suggest getting a mild abrasive to clear the outside of the tube thoroughly before starting, the stuff they put on them to to keep them from rusting will make a mess of skin and bed sheets.