On Off Timers

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
submissivedoll

On Off Timers

Post by submissivedoll »

hello all. Im looking to create a timer that can switch on and off my vibes while im bounded. Does anyone know how to create one.
lj

Re: On Off Timers

Post by lj »

how much electronics knowledge/experience do you have? any tools, soldering iron etc.

from the number of times this crops up, perhaps I should design one and market it :)

you could use standard heating control timers, these will often allow time periods in minutes to be set, and cost very little, but you then have to sort out a safe way of using the switched output.
Peter Sub

Post by Peter Sub »

If you're able to solder a few parts on a printed circuit board.. A kit is sold in most electronic parts stores for a few dollars. I'm using one for years now.. Adding some larger capacitors then provided makes it possible to set longer times then is mentioned on the package. Easy.. Called an Interval Timer or an Asymmetric Timer. Bought there an On/Off timer kit too, largest time period was 30 minutes, with a larger capacitor, I enlarged that to 4 hours. Never failed.. (I'm talking about approx. 7-8 years of usage..)
submissivedoll

Post by submissivedoll »

Yes i know how to solder. but for electronics knowledge/experience im a newbie. if you can help me out on what pieces to buy and what to connect i should be fine. i have an electronics store right near my house.
rebeccarichards

Post by rebeccarichards »

I have made one of these in the past, very simply.

I used a small bullet vibe with a seperate battery box, and a transformer set to the correct voltage, ie. mine hade 2xAA batteries thats 3v. I cut off the connector on the transformer and fixed the wires tot he battery terminals (without a battery in the vibe) the plugged the transformer into an electronic mains timer programmed the device or mine ans a random feature.

Bec
-x-