Self suspension method

Post your scenarios here. You can also request a scenario here.
keivdok

Self suspension method

Post by keivdok »

click to enlarge

* I am sorry for my bad english in advance. *

I TESTed and made good result.

First(1), prepare at least 4 nooses(2 for arms, 2 for legs) and
attach them ceiling or strong horizontal pole at one point.

Make sure you should attach them not too high, I recommend height of head.

Then(2) , put your arms and legs in noose. Your weight tightens noose automatically. My height is 174cm and I made around 50cm length nooses, so I could put my limbs in noose easily. But, if it is too hard for you, use chair or box(3), etc.

Next step(4) requires your arms strength, but not hard(unless you are not overweight). Grap ropes firmly with your hands, Lift up and pass your legs between arms. Rotate your whole body 180 degrees. (5) is desired position.

NOTE:

* The picture is just simple concept art. You must prepare proper release methods, of course.

* Suspension is dangerous because it puts pressure on your joints, especially waist. Not to mention of blood pressure. I recommend that you should use special suspension bondage device(ex: leather waist guard), instead of ropes. I did not tied my limbs with ropes. I used leather handcuffs and shackles and attached ropes them.

any idea?
thedude

Post by thedude »

That's... dangerous.

I think if I were to ever play around with self-bondage suspension, then I'd do it with a securely mounted winch. Hoist myself up electically, let the remote swing just out of reach, then secure my hands, or something to that effect. In any case, something like that would be a bad way to find out you're not that flexible.
keivdok

Post by keivdok »

thedude wrote:That's... dangerous.

I think if I were to ever play around with self-bondage suspension, then I'd do it with a securely mounted winch. Hoist myself up electically, let the remote swing just out of reach, then secure my hands, or something to that effect. In any case, something like that would be a bad way to find out you're not that flexible.

I think the most dangerous factor of the method is momentary heavy pressure on arm joints during process (4). And using winch is of course good alternative I think. But winch is not general device in home... In my country most houses are apartments, not private residence... :(

That's the reason why I suggest using chair in process (3).
Or instead of going through process (4), just do (5) with chair and swing your body to throw it down.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Double dangerous. I've done some crazy stunts in my time but that tops all of them.

First, there is the "single point of failure" principle. Mechanically, the overhead hook is the weakest link here, and if it fails, you come crashing down, usually at the most inopportune moment. Since there seems to be no provision for padding (such as a thick mattress or bed), this will result at the very least in grievous injuries, and possible lifelong consequences, assuming life is long after this stunt fails.

Second, and probably most importantly, how do you release yourself? It's all great to say that you have to arrange suitable release devices, how do you reach them once you're in that position? You will need someone to help you down, because that suspended hogtie position is very demanding on one's stamina, regardless of how strong you are and what your definition of reality is (you could redefine reality in your own mind, but objective reality has a habit of taking control back from you, rather brutally, at that).

Add to that the risk of dislocating limbs (especially the shoulders).

I did a watered-down variant of the Rope Hanger scenario posted on the main site once, where I still had my knees resting on the bed for partial support, and I could let myself down whenever I wanted by unhooking my wrist coil from the overhead hook. I can guarantee you that within 20 minutes, I was feeling very bad, shaking, cold sweats, weakness, the works. And that was a position that was nowhere near as strenuous as this insane idea. My experience prompted Anna to move the scenario from the Heavy to the Extreme section.

And what crossed your mind to draw nooses for your limb supports? You did mention to use proper cuffs later, but you could have at least gone through the little extra effort to cut-and-paste pictures of cuffs there.

Bad, bad idea. :x

Jenny.
Forum Moderator.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
keivdok

Post by keivdok »

- Since there seems to be no provision for padding

I do not doubt reader's common senses. Anyone who is interested in self bondage is no wonder prepares proper provisions before play. Moreover my bad English requires strenuous effort for writing this simple post... That's why I did not mention detail.

I wrote recommended height of pole is similar to that of head, I used 50 ~ 60cm-long-rope(noose), so my body was suspended around 1m-high. There is no proper pole(my house is apartment) so that I used built-in closet, clothes in closet are used for mattress to absorb falling shock(but I released safe).

- how do you release yourself?

I prepared scissors with ice method and cutted ropes. The reason 4 separate ropes is securing arms moving range. Cut right hand rope, bring scissors to right hand, cut 2 legs ropes, then I can stand with my legs.

- Add to that the risk of dislocating limbs (especially the shoulders).

During process (4), while rotating body I... I do not know what proper word is :( turn? revolve? anyway, Have you excerised 360 degree rotating on the horizontal bar? Just like that. I was careful not to 'dislocate' shoulder joints.

- And what crossed your mind to draw nooses for your limb supports? You did mention to use proper cuffs later, but you could have at least gone through the little extra effort to cut-and-paste pictures of cuffs there.

Yes, your pointing out is right. In excuse of that... my brain was full of how to explain the method(main post), I could not assigned to draw detail art(my drawing skill is very bad, too). :(
ziptie

Post by ziptie »

freeze one arms rope only one then when it melts have scisorrs or key in reach i havnt texted this theory
anna
ziptie

Post by ziptie »

freeze one arms rope only one then when it melts have scisorrs or key in reach i havnt texted this theory
anna
wormblaster

Post by wormblaster »

Seems a good idea. Original & kinda smart.

Congratulations.

No Doubt it is dangerous. Who read this must understand that some plays are not to be played for anybody, since we have diferent heigths, weights and gymnastic capacities.

Cramps could also be caused, when our body is put in a strange position, he´s not used to be.

I think with time of practice we become expert´s in some form of self-bondage. But not all forms of selfbondage are good for all.
Like Ra

Post by Like Ra »

There is another problem with suspension I was not aware of until this comment
Like Ra

Post by Like Ra »

Actually... I tried something like that many years ago. With loosely fitted cuffs. The knot I used could be undone by simply pulling a rope. However, because of the strain I could not pull that rope. So I escaped by slipping my hands out off the cuffs.

Very intense, very interesting, extremely dangerous.
keivdok

Post by keivdok »

Thank you all for critics and opinions. :)

I reconsidered and would find another safe way.
Like Ra

Post by Like Ra »

BTW, keivdok, if you need any help, I bet there are people here who speak your native language and who can help you with explanation.