How to use a Hitachi wand in SB?

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
Bananus333

How to use a Hitachi wand in SB?

Post by Bananus333 »

Hi,

Ant ideas on how to use a Hitachi wand in SB? I woukd like to use a timer, but a timer on the electricity doesn't work, as you still need to press the button to start it (pushing the button before the electricity flow doesn't work). But I would like to have my hands tied away from the wand in order not to be able to stop it. Any ideas?

The one I have has buttons like the middle one in the picture.
Attachments
hero-image.fill.size_1248x702.v1625843807.jpg
Riddle

Re: How to use a Hitachi wand in SB?

Post by Riddle »

You have three options: Rube Goldberg (add parts to push the buttons), Frankenstein (take it apart and rewire it), or replace it with something else without the buttons.

I have spent some time researching wands for Self-Bondage and have not found anything that is anywhere close to ideal for this task. Good luck with this.
Resident timer maker. :hi:
Let’s make timers together!
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

If I'm not mistaken, which I likely am, the old Hitachi version had an actual switch, not a button.
However
a) this is not necessarily true and
b) even if it is true: good luck finding one.

There are some diy robot building kits available. Mostly they are intended as educational toys for kids/teens.
If I had to solve this problem, I'd probably try to convert one of those to create an automated button pusher.
Not sure it would work, though. At least the Rube Goldberg approach has the advantage to very likely not damage the wand itself.

Let us know how you solved this, please, as the question arises frequently.
Thanks. :hi:
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)
vm1971

Post by vm1971 »

I have an original one with the switch so taping the switch works perfectly. I would try to find an old one if you can.

Barring that, try this... Get something about the size of the button, tape or glue it over the button so it sticks out higher than the surface of the wand itself. When you want to turn it on, just roll over on top the the wand and the button should get pushed for you.

This doesn't take into account the wand shifting in a way that the button is no longer facing out.

You might also try it with the button wedged against your inner thigh so a squeeze might do the trick.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

Blacky wrote: 08 Mar 2024, 14:01 If I'm not mistaken, which I likely am, the old Hitachi version had an actual switch, not a button.
However
a) this is not necessarily true and
b) even if it is true: good luck finding one.

There are some diy robot building kits available. Mostly they are intended as educational toys for kids/teens.
If I had to solve this problem, I'd probably try to convert one of those to create an automated button pusher.
Not sure it would work, though. At least the Rube Goldberg approach has the advantage to very likely not damage the wand itself.

Let us know how you solved this, please, as the question arises frequently.
Thanks. :hi:
You are not mistaken, the original had a 2 position switch.

If anyone in the US wants to locate a seller of the original, you can use the store locator on the magicwandoriginal.com website

In Europe you might have to search a little harder, and keep in mind that it'll run a little bit slower and need a 220v to 110v adapter/converter since the original is only made in a US plug 110V version. (One example here: https://www.x-toys.nl/detail.php?id=929). There is also the Europe Magic Wand which looks nearly identical but also has the silly push buttons to start it, so doesn't auto start when plugged like the original can.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
Bananus333

Post by Bananus333 »

Europe, 220V thus, it is that European version that I have.

Thanks for thé answers, I'll think it over. If I find a solution, you'll know.
bee

Post by bee »

ive done this, via a self bondage hogtie, leaving the hitachi vibrating on low -- suspended so that i have to get on my back and thrust my hips up to reach it! So much pleasure, but for me almost impossible to stay in that position till orgasm! Fun and frustrating!
Kinbaku

Post by Kinbaku »

bee wrote: 09 Mar 2024, 20:45 ive done this, via a self bondage hogtie, leaving the hitachi vibrating on low -- suspended so that i have to get on my back and thrust my hips up to reach it! So much pleasure, but for me almost impossible to stay in that position till orgasm! Fun and frustrating!
Yes, I loved it too. Impossible to keep pushing against it, especially if you are close to it and edging.
You want it so much and then it becomes impossible to keep building yourself up. Very frustrating. :mrgreen:
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

You may find something suitable on AliExpress. This vibrator motor runs on 220V and only 120W:
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804295275828.html
Resident timer maker. :hi:
Let’s make timers together!
Hipkip

Post by Hipkip »

bee wrote: 09 Mar 2024, 20:45 ive done this, via a self bondage hogtie, leaving the hitachi vibrating on low -- suspended so that i have to get on my back and thrust my hips up to reach it! So much pleasure, but for me almost impossible to stay in that position till orgasm! Fun and frustrating!
kinbaku wrote: 09 Mar 2024, 23:37 Yes, I loved it too. Impossible to keep pushing against it, especially if you are close to it and edging.
You want it so much and then it becomes impossible to keep building yourself up. Very frustrating. :mrgreen:
Great scenario, thanks for sharing, will try this one out!

Do you know guys know more male scenario's using a europe magic wand, without the penis attachment? The attachment just makes me cum in 30 seconds and spoils the experience.
Kinbaku

Post by Kinbaku »

Hipkip wrote: 06 Apr 2024, 14:36 Do you know guys know more male scenario's using a europe magic wand, without the penis attachment? The attachment just makes me cum in 30 seconds and spoils the experience.
1)
Create this rope harness and insert the vibrator under the ropes on the lower abdomen - it is best to attach it to the rope the moment you use it builds up a rope harness and arrives at that location.

The vibrator does not come into contact with your sensitive parts, but it does cause the rope to vibrate.

2)
Put on five pairs of underwear. Under the top one you attach the vibrator like here.
Now set it to the softest setting, which will give you heavier vibrations that easily pass through the 4 pairs of underwear, but just not strong enough to reach orgasm. If that doesn't help, you can place a folded towel between the 2nd and 3rd pair of underpants.
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

Coming into this a little late...

The original Hitachi magic wand just has a switch. The way this thing is constructed is that it has a 110V AC motor in the body of the wand, driving a flexible shaft that goes through the neck to an offset weight in the head. The bearings are strong, but they are under a lot of long term strain; also the motor isn't as well ventilated as it really needs to be. So people killing them through overuse, either by overheating from running them constantly for too long (or using them in ways the heat can't escape) or just through long term wear on bearings and their surrounding structure, is pretty common.

The switch has three positions: off, low, high, In the high position, the motor is attached directly to the power; in the low, power is routed through a diode that cuts half the AC waveform giving it half the power. That's the extent of the componentry; it's really dumb. Give it power, and it goes according to the switch.

The 110V AC motor is why this thing has never been sold outside North America.

Just about all "modern" wands have a small switch-mode power supply (capable of handing both North American and sensible mains voltages), and a low voltage DC motor in the head of the wand (so there's just wires through the neck), driving an offset weight attached directly to the motor spindle. The buttons usually connect to a microcontroller which then controls the wand via a power transistor attached to a microcontroller output line (the electronics are in the body of the wand along with the buttons and PSU).

However, there are some switch controlled ones that work just by adjusting the DC output to the motor depending on the switch. These are probably what you want in the first instance. Here's an example. You don't need to open it up to know it's not an original - the price tells you that. "Real" wands are significantly more expensive than the knock-offs.

The microcontroller/button versions typically have multiple speeds and patterns, while switch controlled ones only have off/low/high settings.

Here's a link that compares a "real" Hitachi with a knock-off: https://theoriginalwand.com/how-to-iden ... agic-wand/

Hitachi still makes the original wand, imported by Vibratex in the US, but in 2013 re-branded is as the "Magic Wand Original", as Hitachi no longer wanted to be associated with a sex toy. (They'd always, where they marketed it at all, sold it as a neck massager.) It's still a North America only device, although I believe there were some mechanic improvements to increase lifespan. However, there are other models in the same sales line (not sure if these are made by Hitachi or another manufacturer) that have a body-mounted motor, but have a switch-mode power supply (allowing for 220-240V use as well as 110V), some with rechargeable batteries, and use buttons rather than a switch to control it. These probably won't do the "power and it goes" thing we're talking about here though.