Smoothing communications and participation on dares

Post your dares or request a dare here.
Blacky

Re: Smoothing communications and participation on dares

Post by Blacky »

Anything_Once wrote: 08 Mar 2024, 07:42 I have seen other places that tried something similar where likes, dislikes, and limits were in the users signature which worked but appeared on every post. But using the signature added a lot of clutter of the threads so profile fields would be cleaner.
Not sure if this would work:

If everybody who'd like to be given tasks/dares created their own thread including their likes, dislikes and equipment and then added a link to that thread in their signature you'd get easy access to the information without too much clutter.
Probably not the most convenient way imaginable, but it keeps the board tidy AND relies solely on features the forum already has.

Just a quick brainfart though, haven't really given this too much thought.
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

Anything_Once wrote: 10 Mar 2024, 09:32 The interests field has a limit of 500 chars (last time I checked) which gets reached very quickly. So keep this in mind as you may need a short hand if you use it

Well, seems there always has to be a caveat.

I did check in the ACP and quite a few are listed as custom profile fields.

So maybe one more shouldn‘t be a problem for a possible forum restore.

As mods we don‘t have „full“ ACP access, and i only have experience administering
Vbulletin & invision boards. With these it is possible to edit such adjectives in the
ACP, but apparently not with phpbb. Seems you have to edit the config file:

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2150322

(And i‘m not dissing open source software here; some of the options in commercial
Board SW are nice, but do you really need them ? And, boy, are they cluttered. Sometimes
It takes forever to find a function. The „simplicity“ of phpbb is cool, as boards are not
Supposed to be facebook)
*rant closed*
[
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

So what I have so far, is we will start the thread with advice on courtesy, filling out the template form we will create, suggest adding a hyperlink to their signature or profile that can be updated at will, ?advice on whether or not to offer criticism or if they should tell if they modified it?, and how to follow up after fulfilling or trying a dare, such as offering thanks and feedback, as well as encouraging them to participate elsewhere, instead of only requesting dares all the time.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Anything_Once

Post by Anything_Once »

I don't have much to add on the communication side of things but have a suggestion that might help participation. Set up a Hot Potato thread.

The idea is anyone can add an element of a dare. You can't add more than 1 in a row. At any point someone can end the potato by posting BOOM. When done the person before them gets the dare and they start the new potato.

For example:
Person 1 posts tie hands
Person 2 posts tie feet
Person 3 posts tie to chair
Person 4 posts Boom, 1. use handcuffs...
Person 3 does the dare.

When doing the dare it can be rearranged so all elements can be completed with anything that can't be done getting skipped or replace with the closest equivalent (we don't all have the same stuff/likes)

The idea is it's easy to add a single element than making a whole dare and by giving a step you may get the dare or chose to do it anyway when the BOOM is posted. It may encourage more participation and help people struggling to come up with dares.

This could be done as a continuous thread as an on going game of sorts
The problem with trying anything once is that eventually it gets hard to find new things to try...
Shannon SteelSlave

This idea, and future thread is not forgotten, just need a little more time to settle the other thing on here.
AnythingOnce, did you want to be a part of the sticky thread development? So far, it is me and Kinbaku.
For the Night Rider.................
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
👠👠
Kinbaku

Post by Kinbaku »

Anything_Once wrote: 18 Mar 2024, 12:53 I don't have much to add on the communication side of things but have a suggestion that might help participation. Set up a Hot Potato thread.

The idea is anyone can add an element of a dare. You can't add more than 1 in a row. At any point someone can end the potato by posting BOOM. When done the person before them gets the dare and they start the new potato.

For example:
Person 1 posts tie hands
Person 2 posts tie feet
Person 3 does the dare.

When doing the dare it can be rearranged so all elements can be completed with anything that can't be done getting skipped or replace with the closest equivalent (we don't all have the same stuff/likes)

The idea is it's easy to add a single element than making a whole dare and by giving a step you may get the dare or chose to do it anyway when the BOOM is posted. It may encourage more participation and help people struggling to come up with dares.

Or like you did at xtoys.app this week by showing all kinds of things in the Gallery.
Each visitor could choose what to use during the session.
Shannon SteelSlave

kinbaku wrote: 06 Apr 2024, 02:14
Anything_Once wrote: 18 Mar 2024, 12:53 I don't have much to add on the communication side of things but have a suggestion that might help participation. Set up a Hot Potato thread.

For example:
Person 1 posts tie hands
Person 2 posts tie feet
Person 3 does the dare.

Or like you did at xtoys.app this week by showing all kinds of things in the Gallery.
Is there something you 2 would like to share with the rest of the class?
Attachments
42f74245d9eafdb27c7cecfd9d68cd4a.jpg
👠👠
Kinbaku

Post by Kinbaku »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote: 06 Apr 2024, 02:24
kinbaku wrote: 06 Apr 2024, 02:14 Or like you did at xtoys.app this week by showing all kinds of things in the Gallery.
Is there something you 2 would like to share with the rest of the class?
I happened to be free one of the days and visited Anything_Once at viewtopic.php?p=123113#p123113.
She was locked in the kennel like a puppy and could only get out after the partner came back home and closed the xtoys.app.
Various objects were displayed in a gallery with which visitors could give her assignments: a series of dildos in different sizes, dog toys, dog food and dog bowl with water.
Visitors could also operate the 2 vibrators.
Shannon SteelSlave

OOOOH! Human zoo. Sounds tasty :drool:
👠👠
Anything_Once

Post by Anything_Once »

Do I need to drop you a message next time so you can come to the zoo? I hear the attractions were entertaining :lol:
The problem with trying anything once is that eventually it gets hard to find new things to try...