Self-bondage rack

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
mahadosa

Self-bondage rack

Post by mahadosa »

I want to build a wooden self-bondage rack. Attached is a sketch of the basic frame:
Sketch of the basic frame
Sketch of the basic frame
Ideally it should work with metal restraints for the wrists and ankles (not shown on the picture). Starting with fixing the ankles, I could manually close some locking mechanism. So far I didn't find any good material at the local hardware store, and simple velcro straps look cheap, but I guess I will find something suitable.

For the wrists, I wanted to use a failsafe maglock. One magnet for each wrist with a battery power supply, so if the battery runs out of power, then the locks will open automatically. I found the magnets, but I didn't find any suitable cuffs which could be used on the rack.
magnet for a wrist lock
magnet for a wrist lock
Has anyone gathered experience with DIY maglocks? Do I have to forge the shackles myself or could something be bought online?
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: Self-bondage rack

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Aloha from Bound Anna, Mahadosa
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Kinbaku

Post by Kinbaku »

Welcome to BoundAnna, mahadosa.

Have you already found pipe system thought for building (a pipe framework on a wooden plank) or a bed mattress frame?

There are plates for sale that you can screw to your leather handcuffs (possibly to the chain between the handcuffs that you have cut so that you have 2 separate wrist cuffs with a piece of chain on each.

I doubt that you cannot pull that magnet loose with your arm. You can use this if you make a pillory and block it with that magnet so that the force does not come directly to the magnet. There are some examples here using, for example, a door magnet.
mahadosa

Post by mahadosa »

Thanks for your feedback!

I was searching for something like this for quite some time, and came to the realization that I will have to build it myself, since there are very few self-bondage tools available. Personally I prefer wood as the basis material, since one can kneel on the wood, but not on pipes. Wooden stocks also have got these BDSM-vibes, but that is just personal preference I guess.

What is really difficult is a locking mechanism for the wrists, which automatically and reliably unlocks the self-bound person in case of a power loss. So far I only came up with magnets. If I take a very strong magnet, then it could hold a pillory locked:

machine_design2.jpg

If all goes well, I would like to control the locks via a Raspberry Pi and add some whipping machine(s). A Raspberry Pi could host a small LLM with voice input and output. That would be the future: Having a simple virtual dominant (including some safeword) for solo-play!
Last edited by mahadosa on 03 Jan 2024, 22:25, edited 1 time in total.
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

I am in agreement with the electromagnet as the lock. The Raspberry Pi is not my preferred choice for controlling the electromagnet, but it can be safely used as long as the electromagnet gets its power from an appropriate size battery. The Raspberry Pi needs a power control circuit between the 40 pin GPIO header and the electromagnet anyway. This makes it very easy to power the electromagnet from a battery and the Raspberry Pi however you want (wall, battery, etc.).

If you have any questions, suggestions, or concerns about your project; feel free to post them here. We love hearing about self-bondage and the associated devices, especially the success stories.
Resident timer maker. :hi:
Let’s make timers together!
Kinbaku

Post by Kinbaku »

And wood is easier to work with in the right shape: The openings for the wrists - and possibly the ankles - must be slanted to be correct: viewtopic.php?p=72919#p72919

For the pillory look also at the threat viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14653. See also the model at viewtopic.php?p=98926#p98926 or viewtopic.php?p=84900#p84900: you can tie one hand with the other hand, it is then only necessary to hold your last weakest hand with the electromagnet to put.
For you knees I would use leather or fabric cushion above the wood.

You can use your Raspery Pi like a relais: the battery power to the magnet in a separate circuit controlled by the Raspberry Pi, but if the battery power is lost the magnetism stops no matter how the Raspery Pi is positioned.
Also take a look at viewtopic.php?p=121035#p121035. :wink:
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

You might like to have a look at this thread viewtopic.php?t=10072&start=15 . The pony is not that uncomfortable but it is a bit scary. I guess, given the position you are held in, it could cause some serious problems if you were in it for too long, and it is completely escape proof, so care is required for self bondage. You can't really move much at all. Several members have built these ponies. The original plans were on the The Blacksteel Institute web site. I don't know if you can get them any more. The thread contains links to several other threads, which give more details and describe versions made by other members.

The seventh post shows my locking mechanism and has a link to my original post. Please note, I had my wife to release me if I got stuck. If, for some reason she could not, I had the emergency release with the screw arrangement. I would not think my release mechanism was reliable enough without a back up. Maybe you could arrange for the hand stocks to be closed by a direct pull from a more powerful magnet. Alternatively perhaps rig the emergency release to do something nasty if you use it. This is one possible idea viewtopic.php?t=11561 . The plastic strip would be supported in the neck of the bottle by a magnet, and would drop the strip if you use the emergency release.
xt

Post by xt »

I apologize if this was one of the images that any of these replies might have already linked to; I clicked through a few and did not happen to see it.

This could be a much easier way of securing the wooden stocks:

[attachment=0]Stocks Release.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
Stocks Release.jpg