Balancing Secure Self-Bondage and Emergency Release

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
Riddle

Balancing Secure Self-Bondage and Emergency Release

Post by Riddle »

So, I have a plan to setup a secure self-bondage method that allows for sessions up to 10 hours, makes early escape impossible, and doesn't allow for much movement either. At the same time, I would like an emergency release. Looking for suggestions to balance those conflicting goals.

I am aware of the usual emergency releases discussed here, but don't really see a good way to implement them with my setup. My wrists will be securely held to steel plates for as long as the timer is active. It applies compressed air to a pair of air cylinders that extend to latch onto the hasps of my medical wrist cuffs. My fingers will have no access to any of the bondage. Even with a large knife in hand, angling the knife to cut the cuffs will be impossible; something shorter like EMT Shears has even less of a chance. Locking the wrist cuffs in place is merely a formality since my fingers won't reach back around to the cuff.

The only ways to allow release will be either shutting off the power or somehow safely venting the compressed air out of the system. Without some type of consequence for doing that, I maintain control over the restraints and defeat the purpose of the entire effort.

So, what suggestions do you have for me?
Resident timer maker. :hi:
Let’s make timers together!
Furimane

Re: Balancing Secure Self-Bondage and Emergency Release

Post by Furimane »

Some cylinders don't retract when the air stop being applied, but require air to be pumped into the opposite chamber to pull the cylinder back, not sure if that's the case but I'd check on that, cause it can be a problem in case your power goes off.

That said, if shutting the device off safely releases you, you can attach a high price to the act of shutting it off. If to shut it off you'd pull the plug from power socket, you could tie an object to the cable and leave it on a table, so that if you pull the cable the object would drop on the floor and break, or spill some liquid and make a mess.

You could also expand the electric circuit to do something when it's turned off abruptly, like a electromagnet to drop something, send a command to a computer to do something you don't want, like delete your files, fry your hard drive or send embarrassing files to someone (make sure the addressee consent to it first).
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

Thank you for the advice. I knew the principles of an emergency release, but could not figure out something that would work for my situation. The list of different ways to either break stuff or make a big mess was very helpful. I am going to have a compressed air blow nozzle next to my dominant hand and plumb it to the bottom of a container of finely shredded paper. Dumping the compressed air will probably create a huge mushroom cloud of paper particles; the fallout from that will likely bother me for months.

Killing the electric power requires at least one of a pair of solenoid valves to transition into the release position. Very likely to work, but not with absolute certainty. Dumping the compressed air supply is absolutely certain to immediately release the restraints. Of course, the air cylinders are both single-acting, spring-return units, but they are not attached to the sliding steel piece that locks the restraints; they only push to lock with no way to pull it back. I could not figure out how to attach them to the sliding part, but decided that did not matter anyway. The spring force they have are very weak and easily overcome with 2 fingers.

The sliding part that actually does the locking always was going to have a pair of stout springs to unlock the mechanism. Either spring alone will unlock the restraint mechanism with my entire 250 lb (117 kg) body weight trying to jam up the mechanism. Both springs together require 80 PSI to fully lock the mechanism and anything less than 75 PSI is full release under normal conditions. Of note, I had to install a needle valve between the solenoid valves and the air cylinders because the release action was too violent and loud. My concern there was shearing off the small bolts that guide the sliding part during the unlocking process.

The emergency release will be a push-open valve that is easily operated with full pressure against it. It will be located on the air cylinder side of the needle valve just in case something plugs the valve. The method to slow down the emergency release will be the volume of compressed air venting from a 2.5 gallon supply tank. If the emergency release is used, I will inspect the guide bolts for damage and replace them if any signs of stress are visible.

I believe this is a good solution. What do you think?
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

Riddle wrote:I believe this is a good solution. What do you think?
That sound good to me provided nothing can jam up.
I know have an image of guy tied spread eagle to a bed though I can't actually see the see guy as the air in the room is filled with a mass of paper. :)

One thing I would lookout for if you use the release of paper into the air is the possibility fine paper dust getting into your lungs. Perhaps popcorn would make a suitable alternative to paper or those annoying little white polystyrene balls you find in some bean cushions. I had a cushion bust open once and I was still finding the little beans two years later.

Or cut up tinsel. I swear that stuff has the ability to hide from the vacuum cleaner.
tinsel-tinsel-everywhere.jpg
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

Good point about avoiding the inhalation risk. I am planning to aim the paper launcher away from my body and bed so hopefully not too much gets in my face. The biggest risk I see is having something in the 120 PSI air stream.
Onwrikbaar

Post by Onwrikbaar »

Riddle wrote:So, what suggestions do you have for me?
I have a pushbutton attached to the base plate of one of my electromagnetic cuffs. It is within reach of my fingers, but hard to hit accidentally. When pushed, it cuts the power to the maglocks, but also signals the system to send absolutely agonising electric shocks through my metal chastity cage for a few seconds. I'm pretty sure I'm never going to push that button again unless the house is on fire.
rmcingle

Post by rmcingle »

Have a phone near enough to allow you to call someone in an emergency.

R.Mc.