Leg-Irons for an Elbow-Tie (handcuffs, immobilized)

Tell us about your latest, greatest, best, worst or simply funniest bondage/selfbondage/chastity/CD experience. Only true stories please!
Riddle

Leg-Irons for an Elbow-Tie (handcuffs, immobilized)

Post by Riddle »

The combination of the elbow-tie and steel restraints threads has me thinking about the time combining both of those didn’t go as planned. I did something similar back in 2005 with handcuffs and leg-irons that was awesome except for one small detail. One winter evening, the weather outside was frightful (0F, -18C) and staying home seemed like a good choice. Seemed like the perfect time to try a self-bondage scenario I had been planning ever since I moved into the old house.

In the basement of the house I was renting was a small bathroom space that had been gutted of everything except for a steel 3” (60mm?) drain pipe going vertical from floor to ceiling. This seemed like an awesome opportunity for secure self-bondage. Decided to get down on my knees with my back against the pipe and my feet behind the pipe. As usual, I was completely naked except for a diaper; the cold of the unheated basement excited me. So, I put a pair of leg-irons on my biceps, positioned my back against the pipe, used a pair of “handcuffs” with a short chain between 2 leg iron sized cuffs on my ankles, put both cuffs of a regular pair of handcuffs on the pipe, and then put hinged handcuffs on my wrists with them secured to the pipe using the regular handcuffs as the anchor point. I was wearing a homemade mouth-stuffing gag that allowed breathing, but zero sound. That bondage felt so amazing and secure.

I had a single handcuff key for my release dangling from some string secured to the ceiling directly above my hands. The time delay was a small plastic cup going through an eyelet on the ceiling outside the room to the key. When the cup was full of water, it pulled the key out, up, and away from me. There was a pinhole in the bottom of the cup to allow the water to slowly drip out and the key ring had enough weight to be in reach my hand before the water was completely gone. Perfect, right?

So, there was one very small detail that I didn’t consider: the entire basement was covered in pealing paint. The basement was not considered habitable and was seriously neglected. The only thing expected to be done in it was the clothes washer and dryer. After some time had passed, I noticed that the water drips were much slower and smaller than the beginning and it was taking forever to empty out. There I was wondering if the dripping would continue long enough to release me and getting more desperate to move because my entire body was aching from being so still. Time seemed frozen. At one point, I tried to break the handcuffs and eventually had to give that up. My excitement turned into sheer terror as I wondered if I could stay warm enough to survive until someone would come looking for me, actually break into the locked house, and search the basement where I was.

As what little light from the basement windows grew dark, the panic and fear gave way to calm acceptance that the outside was dark, it was Friday night, no one would wonder where I was until Sunday night at midnight, the search would probably not start until the following Monday morning, the basement was getting much colder, and I believed that I would not survive the night. At this point, my mind was pondering how my obituary might read while staring into the darkness. This was interrupted by the feeling that something was touching my hair. At first, I couldn’t figure out what it was and tried shaking my head to get it out. The way it felt told me it was the string holding the key and there was a glimmer of hope. My first thought was pull it to my hands; my second thought was that was impossible with every single way to do that locked out. Some time later, I realized that the string was beside my head just above my ear and I wondered what would happen if I tried pushing the string far to the side and then lower my head to suddenly release the string to snap back into place. The first attempt was weak, but I heard water splashing to the floor and felt the string closer to release. At least three more attempts had to be made, each making a little progress and making the next attempt better, before the key gently swung into my hand. In a ecstatic rush, I began unlocking all of the handcuffs and eagerly removed everything. From there, I hurried to my heated water bed to feel its warmth.

The following day, I went back into the basement to put everything away and look into the plastic cup. In it was a single tiny speck of paint flake sized perfectly to get stuck in the pinhole but not completely block the hole. For some reason, it was several years before I tried another release method using water. When I did, I used a frozen water bottle upside down with the cap removed. That method was intended to be temporary until I finished my pneumatic latches not long after that.
Resident timer maker. :hi:
Let’s make timers together!
bounddosster

Re: Leg-Irons for an Elbow-Tie (handcuffs, immobilized)

Post by bounddosster »

Just goes to show how well you need to think these things through, Though I don't anyone would have seen the paint flaking as a problem.
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Watch any of the "Final Destination" movies to know what can get you.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:Watch any of the "Final Destination" movies to know what can get you.
LoL. Never seen any of those movies before and have no interest in watching them. My assumption is that basically everything except for the California cancer warnings are capable of causing death. All I can do is live my life well enough and expect a surprise at the end.

Of note, my self-bondage sessions have been safer and better planned since I joined here. For that, I sincerely appreciate anna and everyone else involved here.
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

I didn't mean as an educational experience, just to witness the absurdity.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:I didn't mean as an educational experience, just to witness the absurdity.
Oh, that makes more sense. I prefer reading instead of videos. This website regularly adds new content to their lengthy catalog of absurdity:
https://darwinawards.com/darwin/
Very happy to keep my life experiences off their website. Probably have several stories worthy of honorable mentions, but definitely haven’t earned the top award.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Riddle wrote:basically everything except for the California cancer warnings are capable of causing death
Thanks for giving me my morning giggle... :lol:

But it's a good general attitude toward every kind of risky activity, even when the risks are mitigated. I have a similar attitude toward driving my car (or even taking a walk) - every other vehicle out there is a menace to me and my car (if you've ever driven in La Belle Province, it's not paranoid, it's good thinking... :shock: ).
Riddle wrote:Of note, my self-bondage sessions have been safer and better planned since I joined here.
Glad to know that we're making a difference! 8)

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

Yeah, those "we thought of everything" cases ...

My standard ice lock goes like this: take a loop of cotton through the keys, then wrap it a couple of times around an ice cube. Place the cube in a small bowl, with extra ice cubes for a longer lock-up, and dangle the key over the side of the bowl. The ice will melt, and the key will fall. There's nothing (assuming the room isn't literally freezing cold) to stop that happening.

So I did this in the shower one time, with the key drop sitting on the sliding shower door's top support. After a while I thought the key should really have dropped by now, and looked up ...

... to find that at some point, the key had swung to the wet shower door, and adhered there. The ice was long gone, but the key remained firmly stuck to the door out of reach.

Fortunately I had left a spare key on the vanity. I had enough reach to get to a towel, and was able to flick the towel over the key and drag it into reach. But it was a pretty good reminder to check everything... and have a backup ...
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

ruru67 wrote:Yeah, those "we thought of everything" cases ...
… The ice will melt, and the key will fall. There's nothing (assuming the room isn't literally freezing cold) to stop that happening…
LoL. At the time, I was scared of using ice for my release in South Dakota, USA, during severe winter weather storms. Some days, the high temperature is 0F (-18C) with the low often reaching -40F (-40C). Not knowing how cold the basement was, how cold it would get, and not knowing anything about the ice melt time prevented me from even considering making any ice in the freezer for self-bondage. Even in the summer, I rarely had ice cubes in the freezer for beverages.

You see, I already told my first self-bondage scare story here about how my ice release failed to melt as expected under the above winter conditions and I got so cold that I stopped shivering before the ice finally melted. I left my bedroom window open, the heating boiler pilot light blew out, and my bedroom temperature rapidly dropped toward freezing while I was bound without any emergency release. This happened in the winter of 2000/2001.

For the entire time I have been doing self-bondage, I have never had an emergency release and have no idea how many times I seriously needed one. For years, I have been telling others to always have an emergency release. Today, a member here helped me figure out an emergency release for me to use; I hope everyone believes I will never be without an emergency release again.

Edit: For over a decade now, I have been paranoid about about having multiple keys confirmed to be readily accessible before applying restraints. Even when doing bondage in a public dungeon, participants commonly make the joke “Do you have enough keys?” during the setup. Better to be safe than panicking.