Elbow Cinches

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.

How strict is the elbow cinch?

Super Strict (not suitable for solo play)
28%
Strict (only for experienced solo players)
52%
Moderate (can get out with considerable effort)
19%
Light (easy peasy Japan-easy)
1%

Total votes: 90

Anastasia

Post by Anastasia »

Darlings, it's hard for me to have an opinion on this. The closest that I've come to an elbow cinch was when an armbinder was trying to be put on me, yet they couldn't get it to work. However, I'm a pretty large person. (If only I had my feminine physical stats.)

I think that the next time I'm at a play party or the like I'm going to request an elbow cinch, just to see how yummy it can be. I might want out of it quickly, but then I just might take a nap in it as well. :D
From the World of Anastasia
Darlings, bondage is so yummy!
sexyashley

Post by sexyashley »

It is also very hard to get out of an elbow cinch when your byyourself.

Love Ashely
xoxo
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

Cheers ashley. I am kind of shocked though at the results, I expected 100% superstrict but clearly theres some people that can manage it alone, which really shows they must be very good at getting out of tight spots. This is not something I would try, certainly not alone.

Also, anastasia, dont forget to report on your findings when you request an elbow cinch, i'd love to hear how you found it.
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
Anastasia

Post by Anastasia »

curious_sb wrote:Also, anastasia, dont forget to report on your findings when you request an elbow cinch, i'd love to hear how you found it.
Darling, it looks like it might be a little while. Our dungeon party for this month was cancelled as the host was quite ill. It will be another month before I have a chance. Hopefully I'll remember this. The forum is coming up with so many yummy ideas it's hard to remember them all. 8)
From the World of Anastasia
Darlings, bondage is so yummy!
Cindy123

Post by Cindy123 »

I have done the elbow chinch when toped, and its very exciting, because you cant move your arms at all and it really makes your chest exposed, but it really cuts the blood flow to your arms and you cant be in it very long.
Now for the bad part!!! You guys who want to try it will find it difficult for a man to put his elbows together behind him, most guys I know are to muscular in the upper body to do it. Try to put your elbows together and see what I mean.
Cindy
If your not playing on the edge, your taking up to much space...............................
Play safe and have fun...Now Where did I put that damn Key!!!!! ;-)
CINDY123@BAK.RR.COM
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

I just had to cut myself out of an elbow cinch!!

And no my elbows would'nt meet, and a bloody good job too i say, or I would have been screwed!

I used two leather cuffs, fashioned from two leather belts, secured just below the elbow, then I threaded a cord through each cuff, and made a "noose" behind me, to do this you have to create a lot of slack and bring the ropes round the front to tie the knot.

Then I tied the loose end to the corner of the bed and walked away from the bed, pulling the noose tighter and tighter, and eventaully once all the slack was taken up, the elbows closer together, it got to a point, and then wouldnt go any further, so the knot tightened up instead, making it inescapable, luckily i had left enough slack in the end that was tied to my bed to walk over to reach the scissors, but thankfully also I had enough room between my elbows to reach up and cut the noose holding the two leather cuffs in place.

Certainly made me a bit panicky. You cant do much once it gets tight.

I am kind of relieved to be out now but I think it was good fun.

I want to do it again but I feel I need to plan a better release method. I fear that next time i will not be able to manage using the scissors if my elbows are too close.
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
Cindy123

Post by Cindy123 »

I am really glad to hear you escaped, I flat would not try this without someone with you, You gals out there pay attention, women can touch there elbows with this tie and you wont be able to cut yourself free with out a very long knife.
We all try to push ourselves when it comes to self-bondage, and sometimes go to far, and I speek from experence.
Cindy :roll:
If your not playing on the edge, your taking up to much space...............................
CINDY123@BAK.RR.COM
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

Also. And I pull no punches when I say this, DONT for the love of GOD, fuck about with long knives while in an elbow cinch, you cant see what you are doing, and if you cut the wrong thing, you accidentally slice your Brachial artery, and you my friends, are in very deep trouble.

ooh my legs went to jelly when I wrote that. *Shudder.

EDIT: Yes I know "I" was stupid. But It "had" to be done ok?? :wink: *smile
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
tyerrup

Elbow Cinch

Post by tyerrup »

Hi all,

This question is right up my alley. When I was in my early 20's I shared an apartment with my older sister. I used to go into my bathroom and practice self-bondage because the door had a lock on it.

I was young and very thin and very flexible so I got incredibly good at tying myself into a TIGHT hogtie. The only thing that was missing was having my elbows pulled tightly together behind my back. So I thought of a way to fix that. After thinking about it for a day or so I came up with a solution. I will explain, BUT DO NOT DO THIS!!:

I got two fairly long plastic zip ties(wire bundling ties, flexicuffs, etc, call them what you want) and connected the free end of one to the block end of the second one to make one large cable tie.

I then drilled a small hole in the tip of the free end of this large cable tie. I then pushed the free end through the block end so the free end stuck out past the block and I now had a large loop.

Next, I tied a string through the hole I made in the free end earlier. I then tied a keyring(empty ring, no keys) to the end of the string. In this way I had made an anchor point.

So then I tied the ring connected to the large zip tie to the shower door track in the bathroom so the large zip tie loop hung down about elbow height or just below.

Then, I stood with my back to this loop, put my arms through and managed to wriggle til the loop was up around my elbows. I then slowly walked away from the shower door track which caused the string to pull the zip tie closed. Well, it was snug at this point and I should have stopped there!!!!

But since I was young and dumb, I basically yanked my body away from the shower door track and suddenly the zip tie pulled so tight that the little teeth were literally cutting into the skin around my elbows and my arms went all tingly and started to go numb.

I Have NEVER had my elbows bound that tight before or since and doubt that any of you have any idea of the pain involved. Not only was there the nerve pain, but the elbow bones were actually rubbing together.

Anyway, I panicked and managed to break the string that connected the zip tie to the ring, which allowed me to move away from the shower door track. Of course, my elbows were still ground together and the zip tie teeth were still biting into my skin.

I should mention that this was about 11 or 12 at night and my sister was asleep down the hall in her own bedroom with her boyfriend. Well, I turned around and managed to unlock the bathroom door and walk the few feet to the kitchen.

There, I started to rummage through drawers as much as I possibly could looking for a knife I could use to free myself. All the while my heart was racing, I was in severe pain and I was scared "****less!"

I found a large knife, almost a butcher knife, and tried for a couple minutes to cut the zip ties around my elbows but I just didn't have the ability to put any pressure on the knife in order to cut the ties.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I had to go to my sister's bedroom door and bang on it until she came out. Thank god I was fully clothed!!! I also wasn't gagged/blindfolded or bound in any other way as I was just "experimenting" with the elbow bondage. I also am thankful for that, otherwise I never would have made it out of the bathroom.

So she finally woke up, saw me and said "Oh my god!" I was in obvious distress so she just found some scissors and cut the zip ties and said
"I don't even want to know!" and then went back to bed and never mentioned it again, thank god!

Long story short (i know, too late! :) ) I had blood dripping out of at least 30 cuts on each elbow and I also had a jagged ring of scars around each elbow for months after that.

AND, I still have nerve problems in my hands and arms because of that.
For example, when I reach behind my head to buckle on a gag, my arms go numb from the elbows down within about 30 seconds.

I also have problems with my hands going numb and cold when bound with rope. Problems I know I wouldn't have if not for one stupid mistake when I was young.

Some of you may not believe it, but then again, I am sure most of you have at least some experience with trying to bind your elbows and almost getting stuck permanently. But believe me, it is not something to screw around with.

Along with any kind of breathe play or noose play, I put elbow bondage in the category of things you should never do when alone.

The only way to do it even somewhat safely is if you can break the bondage by flexing your elbows outward, as if you had a thin rubber band holding them together or one strand of thread.

I am thinking now that someone, perhaps ANNA or curious_SB should get together with someone else and between the two of them, go through the various scenarios whereby a self-bondager would get permanently stuck if they tried to do a certain act and explain via pictures wherein lies the problem.

Like, person A puts herself/himself in a dangerous self-bondage while person B stands by and photographs the specific dangers

(handcuff keyholes facing the wrong way, hands cuffed apart using two pairs of handcuffs such that you are forced to try and unlock each cuff
with the hand that is cuffed, which for me is impossible, anything around the neck that could strangle, etc.)

and is prepared to instantly free person A.

The reasoning for this is because a lot of the dangers are "positional" in nature (cuff holes the wrong way, etc) and can best be explained through pictures. Also, there are eventualities that can't be anticipated, especially when you are all excited about being bound.

Any takers?

Cindy123

Post by Cindy123 »

Tyerrup:
I could not agree more, you are correct, when you play with SB, be very careful. when your sex drive is strong we all have done stupid things. SB is very fun if done correctly.
use extra care when playing with steel bondage, this bondage is real and if you screw up you better have a plan B.
Cindy 8)
CINDY123@BAK.RR.COM
misQui
Retired Moderator

Post by misQui »

I suppose therein lies the reason for multiple different backup releases. If a key release fails, it fails for good. If your backup release fails, it fails for good. If your mate turns up at the house an hour later than expected, at least you're still alive. Embarrassed, but alive.
jake

Post by jake »

misQui wrote:I suppose therein lies the reason for multiple different backup releases. If a key release fails, it fails for good. If your backup release fails, it fails for good. If your mate turns up at the house an hour later than expected, at least you're still alive. Embarrassed, but alive.
VERY embarrassed, knowing my friends :oops:
Bear960

Post by Bear960 »

I've done this and came very close to my elbows touching, i'm pretty skinny 6'foot 135lbs. I can usually slid a belt/rope around my elbows easily then do my SB.

At your own risk, it does cut off the circulation.

If you take a rope and make about 2/3 loops around it then put it around your elbows so it lightly fights. Then get a Special Device and attach a rope to both rings (I use key rings) attach that rope to party of your upper body, above your elbows. Could even be your gag to make your head go back. Then make a noose and put it through as described on many SB sites. The loops will go through and all you do is pull from your lower body as you fit your elbows in it. The tigher you make it the closer they become.

Be aware it does pull them together and does get pretty strict.

But it is so wonderful <3
il

Post by il »

Perhaps a small knife or preferably a gut hook (http://www.midwayusa.com/mediasvr.dll/i ... mid=327702)
could be fastened to a wall. This way, with a strict rope or even cable-tie elbow cinch, all you would have to do is back up to it and lean foreward and it would cut the tie. Fairly fail-safe.
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Re: Elbow Cinches

Post by curious_sb »

curious_sb wrote: I only ask because womens arms have more of an angle at the elbow to accommodate the widening of the hips.
Did anyone ever comment on this bit? Im guessing this is why when the one and only time I tried cinching my elbows, I could not get them to meet? And why all the hot femmes manage to do it on the *ahem* sites that I visit...
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator