[XToys.app] Selfbondage Auto-Increase, 3 phases and stoptime

Selfbondage software and other kinky developments

Moderators: Riddle, Shannon SteelSlave

Shannon SteelSlave

Re: [XToys.app] Selfbondage Auto-Increase, 3 phases and stop

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Soup, OK!
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Back to topic...

So, the V3 script, I tested it again, and found out that its not perfect. All the calculations I did, were done with the start intensity of 40 and max of 80 in mind, and then it works great.
I failed to realize, that if you go higher... much higher... that it takes more intensity points to reach the max. From 40 to 80 is only 40 points. But in my session, I went fro 85 to 170, thats more than double.
As a result, the last step intensity raised one and the calculations would've increased it faster than 30 seconds which is not allowed, so it caps it at 30. This meant that the session stopped when reaching intensity 157, rather than 170.

Now, this does mean that my fail safe works great, but I need to think on how to overlap that distance. The session duration was 56 minutes, so plenty of time to get that gap.
I suppose, if the gap is this high, I could increase the intensity quicker, and let it slow down at the end or something...

Oh well... I'll come back to this. The script works fine, just not so well if the start intensity and the max are very far apart. In that case, you will likely not hit the max.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
Kinbaku

Post by Kinbaku »

My settings:
Starting Intensity: 40
End time: 60 minutes
Max A and max B: 120
the latest Random Square Pattern Generator (renamed to V3 on my mobile :) )
A and B frequency: 100 Hz

Like you, the intensity stopped at 104 after an hour of stimulation. :wink:
I was happy though: I had used my elastic electric bands and the more it progressed, the stronger the bands tightened and made better contact, so that the final strength was greater than I had initially set during calibration. :shock:
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Thanks for the reply.

I currently lean towards increasing faster in the 2nd stage in order to make the gap in the 3rd phase smaller.
Only if the gap between max and initial is this big though.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Update from me.

It was really difficult to get the calculations right, but I managed to do them on paper now. I haven't programmed anything in yet, but at least I now got to a point where I could.

The 2nd phase duration and delay settings are now calculated differently which will mean that if you have a high maximum, it will have a smaller delay, but will go for a higher setting before switching over to the 3rd phase, such that its now about the same as with lower settings. Basically, the bigger the gap is between the max and your start value, the quicker it will ramp up, as you clearly can take more.

In addition, for the 3rd phase, I really struggled with getting a good setting, but after lots of recalculations, I've now settled for a safety delay value of 15 seconds. So if for whatever reason you have a high max or a really short timer, the 15 second cap will ensure that at the final delay, it will not shoot up to the max too quickly. Instead you will simply not reach the max intensity. By setting this to 15 seconds, if you go for a maximum time of 20 minutes with a big maximum intensity setting, you are likely coming short about 2 intensity setting, as the calculation would mean that you'd need 21 minutes to complete the session.

20 minutes is going to be the minimum recommended setting anyway. Shorter is definitely possible if your start intensity and max intensity are not too far apart though.

But I reason that if you want to go for a session less than 20 minutes, you probably don't want something with auto increase anyway and just keep control yourself anyway.

Anyway, I still have to change the script and then test it, but until tonight, I was in a state where I wasn't sure I could actually do it. So this is a great achievement.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

New calculations seem to work well. I have tested a long session that previously unexpectedly did not reach the end, and now does.
I added a bit of a tweak that still needs extensive testing, but the quick tests all point to everything working okay, so I've gone ahead and published the update.

It will now also warn you if the maximum intensity won't be met the whole time the script runs as a status message, but won't otherwise interfere with the script itself.

Another tweak was made for phase 1 to shorten its duration if your start intensity is a value of 80 or higher. No longer will it go faster until 50% of that intensity is reached, but with 80, it has been set to 75%. I've done extensive testing, and if you can take 80 easily, then it takes you about 60 intensity before you feel enough that a jump of 5 is not going to be that bad anyway, so reacing 0 to 60 quickly is much better than reaching 0 to 40 and then waiting until 80 is reached.
Kinbaku

Post by Kinbaku »

Tried last night with my new elastic bands which arrived yesterday. (I had ordered 8 pairs to have some reserve :facepalm: ).
Two of them connected to channel A and B according to the drawing below (B1 close to the prostate, the other always at the top or bottom).
CrotchChannelconnections.jpg
CrotchChannelconnections.jpg (6.18 KiB) Viewed 1882 times
And your last pattern "Random pattern generator".

I had first tried with the older version with all settings and A at 160 and B at 140 and set to 2 hours.
But I had to stop that after about an hour and a half before it reached a maximum: the contact B1 with the scrotum does not completely touched all the skin, which causes an unpleasant burning sensation. :shock:

Afterwards with the same pattern done this last script of 25/6/2023 with the default settings but with maximum A at 140, maximum B at 100. Good for an hour of edging with no possibility to come. :twisted:
Then finished by hand as a reward for sticking with it. :D
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Did the new script behave as expected?
Kinbaku

Post by Kinbaku »

KinkInSpace wrote:Did the new script behave as expected?
Yes, it did. I reached the maximum setting before it was finished. :D
And every time I almost came, I got those fierce thrusts that made orgasm impossible. :mrgreen:
That was what I wanted. :evil: :rofl:
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Awesome. :)

Its also a lot better that you can now quickly set it up without having all these settings to worry about, and just know it'll give you an interesting session, while reaching the maximum you preset, isn't it!
Kinbaku

Post by Kinbaku »

KinkInSpace wrote:Its also a lot better that you can now quickly set it up without having all these settings to worry about, and just know it'll give you an interesting session, while reaching the maximum you preset, isn't it!
I already have it set up by default in xtoys.app so that I don't even have to load the script in the Dashboard first. :)
So no need to convince you I love it.
Now come the applications: with bondage, in different positions (spread eagle, door bondage, searching for the keys blindfolded and on all fours, ...) or training in my new pony-play boots, or using simultaneous stimulation of nipples, butt plug , toes or feet, ...
Enough to do for a long time. :twisted:
Rick72

Post by Rick72 »

Hi,
I just can't seem to get this to work.
I got an ET312B connected as Output, but get this error when hitting the play button:
Status: Stopped, something went wrong getting the max intensity setting. Is a device block connected to this script? undefined

De deviceblock is the Audio Estim block, right?

Best regards,
Rick
Kinbaku

Post by Kinbaku »

Rick72 wrote:Hi,
I just can't seem to get this to work.
I got an ET312B connected as Output, but get this error when hitting the play button:
Status: Stopped, something went wrong getting the max intensity setting. Is a device block connected to this script? undefined

De deviceblock is the Audio Estim block, right?

Best regards,
Rick
The DG-lab has an option to set the maximum for each channel A and B.
So that whatever strength the program gives it cannot exceed the maximum you can/will tolerate.

Does the ET312B also have such settings?
If they are different from the DG-lab, the program may not find those variables and therefore block them.

I would wait for KinkInSpace to respond though, he knows the most about it. :wink:
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

In order to not worry about the max, I've tested with what I have, which is only the DG-LAB's one. Because it has 2 outputs, It puts them in an array.
So either, you've not set it up correctly, or it is detected differently in xtoys.

When I programmed this, the code I got from the developer wasn't working, and I had to make changes in order to get it to work. Maybe the code I got would work with the ET312B unit, but I don't own that one, so I don't know.

Now that I think of it, I don't actually need to own such unit in order to test it. I just connect the block and see what it reports.

So I did that and indeed, this doesn't work. I need to look into this. Will do so when I have some time. I'll quickly look into it now, and if I can create a fix, I'll upload one tonight, otherwise, it'll come later.

EDIT: You gotta love having your debug setup in place and just needs a small bit to activate it. Made it very easy to figure out what the problem is.

The ET312B calls the channels: Left and Right, whereas the DG-LABS calls them Channel A and Channel B.

Because I only get the max from the first channel, for the DG-LABS I had coded it as maxIntensity["Channel A"]. I looked in how this actually works with JavaScript now, and changed it to Object.values(...maxIntensity)[0]; which means I get the max intensity of the first channel, regardless of what its name is. So now it not just works with the DG-Labs and the ET312B, but any estim device out there. In fact, it may now even work with non-estim devices. At least any device that the script can add using its + button. That's not everything, but many vibrators can. Tested with the LoveHoney, and that one works.
Last edited by KinkInSpace on 01 Aug 2023, 20:50, edited 1 time in total.
Rick72

Post by Rick72 »

Great, thanks for the quick reply!