vacuum pump for vacbed and sleepsack

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
TNTBound

vacuum pump for vacbed and sleepsack

Post by TNTBound »

i just picked up a vacuum pump and want to use it on my vacbed. i already have a gas line with the correct flared fitting for the pump with adapters to go to the 1.5" pvc, so the plumbing is all set. the main issue is im afraid the suction will be too much and the latex will pull into the holes that are drilled into the pvc pipe and tear the latex. is my best bet to just get some fabric from the local walmart and sew pipe sleeves that can go over the pipe? does anyone know of any pre-made fabric tube that can slide over 1.5" pvc pipe and let air through while being strong enough to hold the latex out of the holes?

i know i could use a vacuum cleaner, but they are WAY to noisy to use in my current situation and they overheat easily. the vacuum pump should not overheat as it has an oil bath for the motor and is 1000% quieter than a vacuum cleaner.
Last edited by TNTBound on 31 Oct 2023, 23:04, edited 1 time in total.
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
Sir Cumference

Re: vacuum pump for vacbed

Post by Sir Cumference »

What kind of pump is it?

Picture/model

The vacuum needed for a vac bed is not really vacuum, rather “somewhat lowered pressure”.

(An solo vac’ing is an elaborate way to commit suicide)
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

Sir Cumference wrote:What kind of pump is it?

Picture/model

The vacuum needed for a vac bed is not really vacuum, rather “somewhat lowered pressure”.

the vacuum pump is a zeny 3.5cfm vp125+
https://www.zeny.us/products/zeny-3-5cf ... 6705115777

i understand the risks involved with it and i dont recommend that anyone does this solo. my vacbed is a head out model with a custom sized hole specifically for my neck. i always have redundancies built in to the setup, like having two timers in series to the pump, and the same setup for an air release solenoid valve built into the air evacuation pipe (even though a simple lifting of my head is enough to break the seal at my neck and leak enough air to overcome the small vacuum cleaner i used and allow me to free myself). i also have people in the house with me, so im never technically alone, just wouldnt want them to find out (why i want to use the quiet vacuum pump).

Again, as a disclaimer, i dont recommend that anyone do this solo!
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

I doubt a 3.5 cubic feet per minute vacuum pump is going to be able to pump down a vac bed. You'll probably have too much leakage for it to work. 3.5 cfm sounds like lot, but it's no more than about 16 lung fulls per minute. You could literally suck faster on it yourself. Single stage vac pumps are not intended to run at high pressure (for a vacuum pump) for prolonged periods either. There is a chance it'll overheat too. Also, the oil bath is ONLY for sealing and lubrication in the pump section. The motor is definitely only air cooled. Definitely try this out with you outside the vacbed first.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

i roll the end up in a wooden dowl and clamp it off in three spots so its air tight, then climb in through the neck opening. once im in its air tight until i move my neck to allow air to escape. i can suck it down pretty good just by mouth too! i'll be sure to test for overheating before i use it for real.

oh, and i found something that might work for a sleeve around the pvc pipe!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/517474754/ ... es=1&col=1
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

i never got a response back about the cloth tube on etsy. anyone know of anything else that is a breathable cloth tube that will fit over a 1.5" pvc pipe?
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

TNTBound wrote:i never got a response back about the cloth tube on etsy. anyone know of anything else that is a breathable cloth tube that will fit over a 1.5" pvc pipe?
Buy some fabric (Any plain polyester or cotton will do probably), spend an evening hand stitching a tube? Or if you have a sewing machine, just use that.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

thats what i'm going to do. i already bought some fabric, just need to cut it and sew it on the sewing machine when the family is away.
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

Try looking for "tubular webbing", either nylon or poly. Don't know if it is breathable enough for what you want, and it can be hard to find larger sizes, but Amazon had some that was 3" , which means it is 3" wide when folded flat, which would be plenty large to cover a 1-1/2" PVC pipe. Typical sizes run only 1" and 2", which won't open up enough for your pipe, which will be about 1-3/4" OD, or almost 5-1/2" circumference. The 3" would give you a 6"circumference. Might try e-bay as well. The stuff isn't cheap, but it is strong.
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

I'm not sure whether foam isolation could work here?

If I understand correctly, your need is to prevent contact of the latex sheet with the tubes.
You might be able to achieve that by using PE-foam isolation material. It is normally intended for thermal isolation of water pipes and is widely available at pretty much every home improvement store here.
Furthermore it is available for pretty much every pipe diameter and costs next to nothing.

It might prove to be too bulky to be of any help for you, but otherwise I think it should work just fine?!

I'm thinking of this stuff:
https://www.hornbach.de/shop/PE-Rohriso ... tikel.html
@mods/Anna: I hope I'm not violating any rules regarding ads? If so, please delete the link. :?: Thanks

Good luck and kind regards, :hi:
Blacky
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

i dont need to stop the latex from touching the pipes, i just need to prevent it from getting sucked straight into the holes in the pipes. since its a vacuum pump, it will suck much stronger than a standard vacuum would, so im afraid it would just rip the latex once its pulled into the holes. so if i have a breathable fabric over the holes, it will allow air through, but prevent the latex from going to far into the holes and causing it to rip.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

TNTBound wrote:i dont need to stop the latex from touching the pipes, i just need to prevent it from getting sucked straight into the holes in the pipes. since its a vacuum pump, it will suck much stronger than a standard vacuum would, so im afraid it would just rip the latex once its pulled into the holes. so if i have a breathable fabric over the holes, it will allow air through, but prevent the latex from going to far into the holes and causing it to rip.
I see. Fabric seems more appropriate then. :roll: :)
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

TNTBound wrote:
Sir Cumference wrote:What kind of pump is it?

Picture/model

the vacuum pump is a zeny 3.5cfm vp125+
https://www.zeny.us/products/zeny-3-5cf ... 6705115777

i understand the risks involved with it and i dont recommend that anyone does this solo. my vacbed is a head out model with a custom sized hole specifically for my neck. i always have redundancies built in to the setup, like having two timers in series to the pump, and the same setup for an air release solenoid valve built into the air evacuation pipe (even though a simple lifting of my head is enough to break the seal at my neck and leak enough air to overcome the small vacuum cleaner i used and allow me to free myself). i also have people in the house with me, so im never technically alone, just wouldnt want them to find out (why i want to use the quiet vacuum pump).

Again, as a disclaimer, i dont recommend that anyone do this solo!

Aaaah, that pump is “high vacuum, low flow”.
Great for degassing when casting plaster and resins.
You really don’t need a vacuum that can make water boil at room temperature for a vac bed.
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

i know the vacuum pump is quite overkill as far as suction, but its 100x quieter than a normal shop vac when in use. so if im in the vacbed and family comes home early, they wont hear a vacuum cleaner blaring for 20 minutes or whatever length of time. that and i got it for $5, so WAY cheaper than buying a quiet shop vac.
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

Others on this site know a lot more about this than I do and I've never used a vac bed, but I do know that very low pressures over large areas can give rise to large forces. If I read the specs correctly, I think this might kill you. Please be careful. Apart from anything else, I'll miss your posts.