Women use 30% of their brain during orgasm

Crazy news, jokes, humour and more or less funny things.
bound_jenny

Women use 30% of their brain during orgasm

Post by bound_jenny »

Interesting title? :)

Got your attention? :hi:

Better yet, it's true. 8)

I watched a documentary last night on a science oriented cable channel, in French, about research being done to what exactly is going on with the female orgasm. It would be redundant to point out that it got my attention.

The main premise is that while the purpose of male orgasm is quite well known - pumping semen into one's mate - the actual usefulness of the female orgasm is still a mystery. It's not really necessary for procreation, as it doesn't precipitate ovulation, or help the sperm up to the egg (quite the contrary, a woman's body puts up a barrage of defenses to do exactly the contrary, ensuring that only the most viable spermatozoa reach the egg and fertilize it). It seems to be purely a pleasurable experience. I tend to agree! :D

But wait, there's more!

Some very curious neurobiologists decided to once and for all decode the mystery of the female orgasm. By placing a volunteer in an MRI and using mechanical stimulation to bring on an orgasm in her (yes... I had some very naughty and kinky ideas about that and I suspect my next visit to the MRI will give the techs some extra brain activity to look at... :mrgreen: ).

During an orgasm, a very interesting sequence of events happens. First, a strip of the cortex lights up, indicating that something is being felt "Down There". Then as the climax occurs, about 30 percent of her brain goes ballistic! Blood flow increases to the brain, bringing oxygen and nutrients in. So basically, orgasm is more than just pleasure for us ladies, it's actually good for our brains! 8)

But the really amazing thing, is that the volunteer actually practiced having an orgasm without moving her head - to prevent blurry images in the MRI. She didn't move a bit during the MRI scans. When it was done, she raised one hand to signal it was finished.

So that vibrator, magic wand or other device is actually stimulating more than just the body, it's stimulating and nurturing the brain. If there ever was an excuse to have more sexy and kinky activities, this is IT. : :love:

Proven in the lab. :rofl:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
ponylady

Re: Women use 30% of their brain during orgasm

Post by ponylady »

So it's true, women can live, as the german saying goes, "von luft
Und liebe" (on air & love) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :idea:
[
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

ponylady wrote:So it's true, women can live, as the german saying goes, "von luft
Und liebe" (on air & love) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :idea:
Wow... Air and love... that's so romantic! :love:

That's really got me pumped up... :rofl:

Jenny.
davisev5225

Post by davisev5225 »

bound_jenny wrote:That's really got me pumped up... :rofl:
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

I recall something from long ago that said that sex is pleasurable to ensure that the species survives. If you enjoy sex, you are more likely to repeat it, increasing the odds of fertilization. So, that pleasure response is nature's way of overpopulating the world!
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

cdinbonds wrote:So, that pleasure response is nature's way of overpopulating the world!
And then, by extension, the headache is nature's way of population control? :idea: :idea: :idea:

:rofl:

Jenny.
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

Exactly! :lol:
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
Natale

Post by Natale »

Besides the headache, nature has another way to control population growth without using disease, famine, asteroid strikes, etc. There is always kinky non-procreative sex! :idea: :-D
Natale