[POLL] Male Domme's in corsets

"Normal bondage" with a partner. Post here if your post do not fit the selfbondage threads.

Should male Domme's wear a corset?

I'm a female, and I think a male should only wear a corset when he is a slave and needs training.
3%
I'm a female, and I think a male could wear a corset as slave or domme. A corset is always good.
3%
I'm a female, and I think a corset is really only for females. Males can wear it for cross dressing, but should then be treated as female. Regular males should not wear a corset.
No votes
I'm a male, and I think a male should only wear a corset when he is a slave and needs training.
10%
I'm a male, and I think a male could wear a corset as slave or domme. A corset is always good.
48%
I'm a male, and I think a corset is really only for females. Males can wear it for cross dressing, but should then be treated as female. Regular males should not wear a corset.
28%
I have a different opinion that is not listed here. I will reply with a comment to explain this vote.
7%

Total votes: 29

KinkInSpace

[POLL] Male Domme's in corsets

Post by KinkInSpace »

If you think of a corset, you either think of a slave wearing a corset for training purposes, or a female Domme wearing one because it makes her look really sexy.

I was wondering though, would a male Domme wearing a corset would be good or bad or either? What is your view on this?

The question will start with: "You are Male/Female" which is your sex, not the Domme's sex. I wonder if females think of this differently than males.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
bound_jenny

Re: [POLL] Male Domme's in corsets

Post by bound_jenny »

You just had to mention corsets... :facepalm: :rofl:

Corsets are good for posture, for back support, and many other positive reasons. Both sexes can benefit from that.
Slave_L wrote:a female Domme wearing one because it makes her look really sexy
Another very good reason. :hi:
Slave_L wrote:a slave wearing a corset for training purposes
A corset is training in itself. Waist training - the art of slowly but inexorably cinching down the waist by careful and calculated tightening of a corset over time. For the one doing the tightening, it's an excellent way of asserting power over the one being tightened. :whip:
Slave_L wrote:I wonder if females think of this differently than males.
Well, since we seem to think differently on a lot of subjects, it wouldn't surprise me that corsets would be on the list. I see both the sexy and practical side of it - as well as the fashion side effects, The visual aspect is important, as the corset's shape changes how clothes look (fit, cut, hang, etc).

And it feels absolutely awesome during sex. 8)

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

I figure that corsets are awesome and whether you're male or female, sub or dom* doesn't actually need to enter the equation...

("domme" is a linguistic abomination, BTW.)
Jadit

Post by Jadit »

I see no objections for male dom wearing corset in his free time. But in the role of dominating someone it's not seen as normal. I don't ever remember seeing that in any video or picture, and it is for a male more sissifying and humiliating experience.
RADER123

Post by RADER123 »

Well I have been a "BOY" for over 71 years; And I enjoy wearing a corset around the house
just for fun. It does hold you up-right real good. I love it.
Rader
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Its exactly the, you don't see male domme's wear a corset in most settings that this poll was made. I like wearing corsets too, but I totally understand the humiliating and training aspect of a corset on a male slave. A corset could be worn under the clothes, and it can be worn less tight to become a fashion statement for the domme, although wearing it under clothes does little to fashion... xD

So far the poll suggests that a domme could wear a corset despite being male or female. This is actually an outcome I like, but didn't expect to get. :)
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

I chose "I have a different opinion" option. I think it depends entirely on the dom and the slave. If it works for you/them, great, if it doesn't maybe not so much. So I wouldn't say a corset on a male dom is ALWAYS ok, but probably most of the time.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
lj

Post by lj »

back in the day, I always wore an under-bust corset, along with stockings, a military-style black blouse, black leather miniskirt and 4" heels. That applied whatever I was doing, mainly mistreating my lesbian play-partner :twisted:

I just liked the feeling of the clothes, the tension/pressure/feel. Made no attempt to look female (no make-up, wig etc)

just being pedantic, Domme is a made-up word signifying a female Dominant, Dom is the word applying to a Dominant man. Bear in mind we use words to provide a description, and use capital letters for specific reasons, the "D" is a signifier to indicate Dominance, but the word describes a characteristic, "dominance". By the same token, a "submissive" only has a lower-case "s". Top and bottom follow the same principle.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Interesting point LJ. Thanks for that.

Top and bottom, Dom and submissive. Gotcha. :)

Also, didn't know Dom vs Domme. :) But anyone should figure out I mean Dom when I talk about a male Domme... xD

Oh well... you learn new things every day. :D
sweh

Post by sweh »

lj wrote:just being pedantic, Domme is a made-up word signifying a female Dominant, Dom is the word applying to a Dominant man. Bear in mind we use words to provide a description, and use capital letters for specific reasons, the "D" is a signifier to indicate Dominance, but the word describes a characteristic, "dominance". By the same token, a "submissive" only has a lower-case "s". Top and bottom follow the same principle.
And then you got people who would write W/we U/us O/our and so on. It got hard to read, at times!

20 years ago, on IRC, there was also a convention you could use for names...

I don't use IRC much any more, but when I first met Tori we would spend quite a lot of time on it, chatting with each other, discussing things with other people and so on. As such we used the terminology of the group. So I would login as {sweh}S. sweh are my initials. The {} means I wear a collar, and the S is the initial of the person who controls the collar (or holds the leash)... Tori uses the nickname Serinde on IRC, and we chose to use S rather than T to avoid confusing people... thus {sweh}S. Tori similarly uses Serinde{s} to show that she has a collared sub - the "s" being my initial.

This isn't the only way of doing it... there are many different IRC conventions. Two people I learned from, back then, used a similar format: {darkslave}R and {missy}R both had their name in the same way as mine (indeed, I chose that format because of them and how much I respect them), but their Master Rossko has no adornments to his nickname.

Another regular, scotslave{O}, used an alternate method of online collaring. Here he shows he is collared by O - Ophelia. Get's confusing, so in general nicknames which start with a lower case letter are for submissives, and those starting with a capital are Dominant. It works out :-)

In general, use what language makes you happy and allows you to communicate to others. That's the whole point, after all!
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

sweh wrote:And then you got people who would write W/we U/us O/our and so on. It got hard to read, at times!
I don't know why people can't just communicate in plain language with normal conventions when addressing people outside their dynamic. Do what you like addressing each other, but don't expect others to understand or appreciate it.

And "domme" is still a linguistic abomination. From the Latin root: noun dominus, lord, to:
  • dominant, adjective (via old French)
  • dominant, noun (stretch #1)
  • dom, contraction of dominant (stretch #2)
  • domme, fake French feminine extension (stretch #3)
  • Domme, fake proper noun capitalisation (stretch #4)
That's stretching the word way past breaking point.

Futile, curmudgeonly plea to all: your dynamic is not an excuse to mangle the language. At least, not that much.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Really? :?

How about all those made-up words from pop culture and tech-speak that made it into Webster's dictionary in the past few years? There are some far worse "abominations" than domination in there.

What we're using is a convention, as in convenience, not official language. There's no cause for alarm, grumpiness, or curmudgeonality (*that* I just made up :mrgreen: ). Unless it's the only form of cardio you're getting, well, grump on.

And if you think this is bad, count your lucky stars this isn't a German board. In German, if a new word is needed, it's cobbled together from several existing ones. Some take at least three minutes to spell... :wink:

Be super grateful that it's not Welsh. You'd have to make do without vowels. :rofl:

Now let's get back to our regularly scheduled topic. Or I'll have to get out my Domme Whip... :whip:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Jenny.
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

bound_jenny wrote:....

And if you think this is bad, count your lucky stars this isn't a German board. In German, if a new word is needed, it's cobbled together from several existing ones. Some take at least three minutes to spell... :wink:
Jenny.

You say that as if it was a bad thing?
Once you embrace that linguistic freedom, there are no borders to your creativity!

Now where did I put my undercoverhighvelocitystealthhamsterlauncher?
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Sir Cumference wrote:undercoverhighvelocitystealthhamsterlauncher
Now what do the hamsters say about being launched at high velocity? :?: :idea:

Probably a lot of high-pitched squeaks, squeals, chirps and trills that would not be advisable to translate in polite company.

One complaint is being stuffed into a sabot before being loaded. Some particularly violent hamster epithets are reserved for that.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Jenny.

PS - an example of abominations of the language that makes Domme look like a minor transgression: Webster's just added "instagramable" to its dictionary. :facepalm:
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

It’s not easy to make out what they are saying, but the doppler shift when they pass you is most entertaining.

“SqueeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAK”
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~