Spanking machines.

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
Nightguy

Spanking machines.

Post by Nightguy »

Lately I've been mulling over in my head the plans for a spanking machine, one that can be used by a Dom on a sub, but also one that can be used alone by someone into self bondage.

The more I think about the device, the more detailed the plans in my head become. That's usually the case when an idea for something to build comes to me. I plan it out for a long time and then set it down on paper so I can build it. I build furniture as a hobby you see, and my idea calls for a device mostly made out of wood, complete with a spanking bench to be locked to and a keylock device for someone wanting to force themselves to take a spanking.

Anyone interested so far?

The device would run on a slow speed electric motor, that would turn a cam that would in turn pull back and release the spanking arm. I have an idea for a variable speed dial that would give it some range.
I also have an idea for a gear I can put into it that would turn a counter that would stop the machine at a certain point. That way you could preset the machine to give a set number of spanks.
The machine would be attached to its own spanking bench, the easiest part of the build in my opinion. But this would allow for other wiring. The hand rests, for example. It would be very easy to include a couple of hold down switches that would have to be pressed for the machine to run at all. So the person strapped down would have some control over the machine. Imagine, you are strapped in for fifty strikes, but you have control over how fast you want to take them.
I also have a plan in my head for a key release box that would lock closed for as long as the machine has power and is turned on. It would open automatically when the counter hits zero, allowing someone on their own to use the machine and be forced to take the entire spanking programmed into it. The safety would be that if for any reason the power goes off, the magnet holding the lid shut would no longer be able to do so.
Hell, I even have an idea how to make the height of the bench adjustable.

Now, I know about the Robospanker. It apparently is the only spanking machine on the market unless you know of any others.
So maybe if the plans come together and I build my prototype I might go into production on a "build by order" system.
I think I could do the thing for a lot cheaper than the Robospanker, although I have yet to do any real research on the hardware.
It would also have to be an "assemble at home" thing for easy shipping, something to think about when designing the bench.

So what I'm asking is, does this project of mine strike any interest in anyone?
The Robospanker retails for $1000, mine would probably be half that at the most. So given the right price do you think something like this would sell?

Any input would be good.

Thanks!
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

If you build it, they will cum!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Seriously, if you can produce a nice effective machine for half the price of a robospanker, I'm sure you will have lots of orders. Might want to consider some way to make the spanking arm move around a little so it doesn't strike the exact same spot each time, sort of a random orbit effect. Spread the pain over a larger area.
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
Lazy

Post by Lazy »

I made this spanking machine many years ago and sometimes use it. Video of its action you can look here: http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee43 ... 010082.flv
The amount and strength of lashes are changed. But I can't imagine how to make this kind of machine at home. You need turner's service and you must be a good locksmith. I have my own workshop that's why it was possible.
Nightguy

Post by Nightguy »

What you built looks really interesting. The disk pulls back on the arm until a release point is reached, allowing it to swing free?

That's pretty much the action I was thinking of with my cam idea. Only the arm would swing horizontal, not vertical.

I know I still have some things to work out, but I dont see why I cant build this in my home shop. I just need to figure out how to get a few things done as simply as possible, and I have all winter to work that out. :)

One BIG item on my list though is the motor.
I know very little about them but what I do know is that I will want one that runs on 110AC and it will have to be low speed high tourqe. It will also have to be on the smallish side. But where to even start looking for one is my first problem.

Can I ask what motor you ended up using?
kate

Post by kate »

i've got a document/link/story kicking around about using a ceiling fan motor to build one, i'll try and find it.

Don't know if those are any more accessible, and they'd likely be 240v, unless you find one with a step down

http://www.war-hammer.net/whp/spanker.html is the link to the document.
anode505

Post by anode505 »

Motor is kind of a glitch. AC motors are expensive to control the speed.

Look for items that you can hack. a kitchen mixer looks like a good item (second hand stores are a wealth of interesting items)

Nightguy wrote: One BIG item on my list though is the motor.
I know very little about them but what I do know is that I will want one that runs on 110AC and it will have to be low speed high tourqe. It will also have to be on the smallish side. But where to even start looking for one is my first problem.

Can I ask what motor you ended up using?
Charlie tuna

spanking machines

Post by Charlie tuna »

here are some sources,
www.skycraftsurplus.com
www.surplusshed.com
or just google motors
Lazy

Post by Lazy »

To Nightguy:

The motor is 180 W 1400 min-1 from an old washing machine. To reduce rotation there are two pulleys (1:4) and a simple two cog-wheels gear (1-12). As result the final number of rotations is about 30 per minute. The cog-wheels are from a car starter and a car fly-wheel. The disk you mentioned is the big cog-wheel.
Lazy

Post by Lazy »

To Kate:
Using fan motor looks simple but unreal. Low speed fan is low strength of lashes, and high speed fan is lashes too often.
icebound

Post by icebound »

I built one of these a few years back. Lets just say I learned a thing or two with the experience. Too low of a speed wont deliver the pain from a spanking that is desired. Too high of a speed will simply cause significant pain and or bruising. As I learned later on with a very patient sub who loved to be spanked, time in between each swat is needed sometimes up to a minute or two to allow the pain to fully soak in. If too many blows are delivered in rapid succession the nerves will simply shut down from over stimulation.

The experience that I got from my machine was way too much for me to handle. I quickly realized that over stimulation was indeed possible. Lets just say that the next week or so was very uncomfy when it came to sittin in my truck and in daily meetings at work.

To add only one whip to the motor would no doubt cause it to go out of alignment and wobble pretty badly. I have had to balance a few ceiling fans in a prior life. Adding two at opposites ends would work fine, but again it comes to the speed and force thing. This is an awesome thread and hopefully someone can come up with something that may work. Possibly on a timer to spin the motor up and then shut it off after the motor reaches speed. This would allow for the whips to vary their path as they speed up they will raise in height and then begin to fall again as the speed drops off. The timer could then start again after a short time to spin the motor up again. Just my $0.02 cents worth.
anode505

Post by anode505 »

I think a motor and cam idea might work best. Use bungee cords to work against the cam and give the wack. Should be tune-able with number and stretch of the bungees. Would also lessen the balancing requirement since it wold be a slow speed.
Cam would have a sharp corner for cut off and rapid release.

I got the tools and skills but no time. (might go for a fucking machine first)
Nightguy

Post by Nightguy »

Well that's what I'm going for, the cam idea.

The motor will simply turn the cam, which in turn pushes back on the spanking arm until it reaches a point where it will release and swing back, striking the victim. There will be nothing attached to the motor except whatever gearing I need to turn the cam shaft at the right speed, which I am figuring anywhere between 1rpm and 4rpm.

Also attached to the cam shaft will be another gear that will "count" rotations and trip a switch at the right moment to shut off the power. This is so you can set the approximate number of strikes you want before starting the machine up.

It's all a matter of mechanics which for me is the easy part.
Finding the right motor is the harder part.

Thanks for all the suggestions though. They will give me something to investigate through the winter as my shop has no heat and I wont start building anything until spring at the earliest.
Bound&Helpless

Post by Bound&Helpless »

cant remember where i seen this, but if you can some how get a fan which you hang on the ceiling lowered and attach a flogger or whip of some kind to one of the blades, then that would work. but them things do spin rather fast so not sure on the practicality of the idea.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Bound&Helpless wrote:cant remember where i seen this, but if you can some how get a fan which you hang on the ceiling lowered and attach a flogger or whip of some kind to one of the blades, then that would work. but them things do spin rather fast so not sure on the practicality of the idea.
Better put one on each side, to balance it out. Those buggers vibrate like crazy even if only one blade is slightly misaligned.

It'll also double your pleasure... double your fun!

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
mfx

Post by mfx »

I built a caning machine a couple of years ago that cost me all of about £20 to make but did require a welder. I used to have photo's but they got lost in a hard drive crash. The motor was a 12Volt windscreen wiper motor (£5 from a scrap yard), an arm was welded to the shaft to lift the cane which was tensioned by "bungee cord" (tension could be adjusted) When the cane reached maximum height it "tripped" and the bungee took over. In the absense of photos I'll try and sketch the basic design and post it here.