latex catfish will never get my business again

Anything that does not fit any of the other categories.
TNTBound

latex catfish will never get my business again

Post by TNTBound »

i ordered a latex vacbed from them at the end of march. so for three full months now, they have had my money. i just emailed them again today, and they are saying the END of july for a delivery date now! so 4 FULL MONTHS, meanwhile their website shows a 30-40 day backlog, which if not including the weekends, is about 1.5-2 months.

im never ordering ANYTHING from them again, and i advise the same to everyone here, stay away from latex catfish! they cannot deliver their products in anything resembling a timely manner.
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
RADER123

Re: latex catfish will never get my business again

Post by RADER123 »

At lest you can talk to them.
I once sent my Credit Card number to a Florida place for a cool
sensory deprived hood. 6 weeks went by and no answer as to when
It night come. Then I got a $ 800 charge for some furniture.
I had to call the credit card co. and report a stolen number.
It took 3 months to get that worked out.
Good Luck.Rader
Jadit

Post by Jadit »

That's better than my experience. It's been 4 months and they've not even responded to my email. How would i know they are busy if they don't communicate that in any way, not even on the website.

Pretty much same with Hauteng shop, no response for more than half year. Don't use these sites. On top of that, they sent only 2 out of 3 in the first package with recipe for the 2 items. Then changed status for the order as sent on the website.
tiemeupalso

Post by tiemeupalso »

that's why I don't use any plastic except a prepaid debit card on the net.
that way they can only take what you have put on the card.and I only put enough on there too cover what I am going to buy
you can get a free one from walmart called bluebird.
ita an American Express card
sweh

Post by sweh »

tiemeupalso wrote:that's why I don't use any plastic except a prepaid debit card on the net.
that way they can only take what you have put on the card.and I only put enough on there too cover what I am going to buy
This is pretty much backwards.

If you use a pre-paid card to pay for something and it never gets delivered then you're out of pocket (had to put money on the card) and may never get it back.

If you use a credit card and it's not delivered then you can raise a dispute with your credit card company. If you do it before the monthly bill is due then you're not even out of pocket while the dispute is in progress. If it's within a few months (my memory is saying 60 days) then the credit card company will open a dispute claim, and you're likely to get your money back. If you see an unauthorised charge from a merchant (eg they charge you more, or double-dip) then your credit card company will help with the dispute and may cancel the merchant's contract if there's a pattern of abuse.

Basically, credit cards have a lot more protection than debit cards. But you need to keep your eye on things.

Many companies, these days, even allow for "immediate" notification when your card is charged. Chase, for example, use their app and push notifications; whenever I spend money at the store my phone goes "BING!"... sometimes before I've even signed the machine sig-pad. Others may use SMS. Last year I got an unexpected BING; someone tried to use my card to buy pizza in a location 5 miles away from me (somewhere I've never been); I was on a train at the time. I called the credit card company (number on the back of the card), reported it, they cancelled the transactions, sent me a new card. I dunno how they got my card number (I have a suspicion, but can't prove it) but this immediate response meant I didn't have to dispute charges when the next bill arrived :-) Turns out the scum tried to use the card 3 more times after I'd reported it. All blocked.
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

i used paypal for the purchase, so i can have them refund my money at any time. i just want them to make the thing though!
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
tiemeupalso

Post by tiemeupalso »

same here but I only have the pre paid card for paypal.that way even if I am refused I haven't lost 500 bucks for trying to mnake a 50 purchase.
I would never put my credit card on line
bondagemaid

Post by bondagemaid »

I have to say I have used Latex Catfish a few times and never had a problem with them.
Ordered multiple items, had replies to emails and delivered on time.

Guess it's like most companies sometimes there are issues with some orders and not others.
This maid is bound to please
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

i have never had an issue with an order there before either. i just cant understand why its taking 4 months to make an open ended latex bag with 2 holes in it. it should be something thats fairly easy, right?

just feels like my order was pushed to the back burner for some reason, because if their site is true (which its not) about their back log, this should have been made well over a month ago.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

While it sucks that it's taking this long, there is probably a reason for the backlog. Many a company has broken under the weight of it's own success. A simple thing like a supplier screwing you over, a death in the family or poor health can lead to weeks of backlogs and a fight to get it back under control. Things can get lost in the chaos. I hope they get things sorted and you get either your item or a refund. And an apology. That last one might not be what you are waiting for but would be the least thing to do.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

looks like they were able to make it and ship it out. should be here tuesday! its just crazy that they cant fulfill an order till nearly 4 months later.

now i just need to get a quiet vacuum and the plumbing parts.
tinatiedup

Post by tinatiedup »

Ordered two dresses (custom measurements) from them at the beginning of March, and got them beginning of July, so also 4 months (and also with a claimed 30-40 days backlog).

They did reply promptly to all my emails, though.

Not sure if I'll buy from them again. The dresses are good quality and cheap, especially considering custom measurements (good for people without boobs!), but the wait is a bit crazy.
Jadit

Post by Jadit »

Something that still seem to work is ebay. Ordered 4 products and it only took 2 weeks to arrive from China. They seem to be getting better with their quality standards too. But that's the thing, they clearly list items that are already produced and how many of them. No waiting for manufacturing.
Jadit

Post by Jadit »

Ok so the order was made April 11th, and today it finally arrived. Seems exactly 5 months. Maybe they had temporary issues?

Anyway the 2 products themselves are super high quality of such i haven't seen from anywhere else. Neither one i wanted with chlorination, but still they came out shiny and treated with again methods i haven't seen before. First one was a 0.6mm thick latex dress with corset-like lacing in front, and second is inflatable mittens. I guess it was worth the wait, but let know if the times keep being many months long.

I'm not gonna say "they'll never get my business again", but i should explore the options more. I had to pay customs for 60 euros because of source country. Odd that i don't have to when they come from China... some economic treaties i guess.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

No, this has nothing to do with economic treaties. You get custom declarations when you are above a certain price point, and it also matters what they write on the package for what it contains. If it says: sales of goods, the line for having to pay customs is lower. If it is sold as gift or toys, that line is higher.

Also, even though a package may require you to pay custom declaration costs, it is still possible this won't happen. Many packages go through customs quickly, and only packages that stand out will be inspected. A package that is large or heavy is more likely to be noticed and checked upon. A small or light package is more likely to be skipped.

Also, the tracking label contains the information said above digitally. If the scanner flags it as such, it is most likely flagged as more important, but I suspect that packages coming from China are likely to either not contain this barcode, or it has the wrong information, which means that only if the package stands out, it will get caught.

I have bought many items through AliExpress, and never got custom declarations, but I did see some stickers of them going through, but they always were below the treshold. I also bought some items through DH Gate, and they sell additional insurance against custom declarations. The item I bought from them was above the treshold, had a proper barcode and was indeed flagged and I had to pay extra duties. In all fairness, it is beating the system as you go the AliExpress route and are lucky most of the time, but custom duties is something you need to take into consideration.

I have bought stuff from AliExpress that could have been flagged too, but never was, so I have been lucky too.

Also, keep in mind, if a package goes through customs, it can easily add 1 or 2 weeks of delivery time, maybe more.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.