Lockable collar recommendation thread

"Normal bondage" with a partner. Post here if your post do not fit the selfbondage threads.
PutStringsOnMe

Lockable collar recommendation thread

Post by PutStringsOnMe »

Hello All!
I'm looking to buy an adjustable / lockable collar for myself and wondered what you may have to share on this topic.
Since it's going to have prolonged skin contact I'd rather err on the safe side and make sure not to cheap out on the leather/padding.
Most importantly I'd like it to have two or three tie spots, one on each side and one in the center upfront.

Thanks for sharing your recommendations!
I'll be going into my timeout corner now, I'll be looking forward to your replies. :gag:

-PutStringsOnMe
-PutStringsOnMe
tiemeupalso

Re: Lockable collar recommendation thread

Post by tiemeupalso »

use stainless steel chain
TheWingmen

Post by TheWingmen »

Does it have to be adjustable? Leather? or are other materials ok? My favorite collar is steel from Dungeon Delights. Custom sized, locked with a padlock, and comfortable I find for long periods of time. Also the owner is incredibly quick to answer questions, does custom modifications if you want something special, and has been quick to fix problems (I was in between sizes for some shackles, he told me to order the smaller size and then when they didnt fit replaced them free of charge for the right size)

https://www.dungeondelights.com/online- ... -p65446640
PutStringsOnMe

Post by PutStringsOnMe »

Hello All,
Thanks for the feedback!
Some things I need to look out for:

- Chain is not an option since it may tangle/pinch my hair when I struggle
- I would prefer a sturdy build with soft padding, I want it to hug my neck without chafing too much
- I tend to work up a sweat, so maybe a washable padding that can be detatched
- I need shipping to Germany, maybe easier than I think but I have no clue where to source it
- I would prefer to just provide my measurements and have it made or it should be adjustable to some degree
- It needs to be lockable to myself, and want it to stand out so I have no way to hide it should I be forced into the public.

Prince range. I'm not going to spend more than 250 Euro on it, it's a personal rule for clothing items :D
@TheWingmen: I should have dared myself to add 15 minutes to my next SB session for any question that comes up. :wink:

Cheers,
-PutStringsOnMe
-PutStringsOnMe
JIMDINI

Post by JIMDINI »

You should have a good supplier on your door step http://shop.neosteel.com/en/Bondage/Bon ... tem-Collar
They supply all sorts of goodies. :)
Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities. If you can't free yourself, who will?
When your helpless, you have no choice but to wait.
PutStringsOnMe

Post by PutStringsOnMe »

Good morning Everybody!
@Jimdini752: The special metal pin that is needed to unlock their proprietary snap-lock for the collars (not for the chastity devices) looks easy to loose - do know if they may have changed this, perhaps through a recent purchase?
If not I may go with the regular shackle locking mechanism, just for the additional safety and options to fix a string to the key.
@TheWingmen: At first I was sceptical at the idea of using steel for the collar, but now that I think about it it may be the easiest to maintain / keep clean. Thanks for your suggestion, just one question: How does the powder coat do with the D-Rings rattling around on it or are those parts not coated?

Maybe something about my motivation for this purchase: I don't know about you, but I am really enjoying the process leading up to a session - laying out the restraints, making sure everything is in working order. Putting on a collar and clicking that first lock a couple of hours before my session sounds to me like a promising way to enhance this experience, sort of a point of no return before the actual events.

If anyone else want's to chime in, feel free - I won't be able to order this for at least two weeks as I'm traveling a lot.

Cheers,
-PutStringsOnMe
-PutStringsOnMe
TheWingmen

Post by TheWingmen »

PutStringsOnMe wrote: @TheWingmen: At first I was sceptical at the idea of using steel for the collar, but now that I think about it it may be the easiest to maintain / keep clean. Thanks for your suggestion, just one question: How does the powder coat do with the D-Rings rattling around on it or are those parts not coated?
I have had mine for about a year now with no signs of wear of the powder coated finish around where the ring is welded or the hinges. The collar has seen the shower on a fair number of occasions as well as cleaning, no rust, or anything.
PutStringsOnMe wrote: - I tend to work up a sweat, so maybe a washable padding that can be detatched
- I need shipping to Germany, maybe easier than I think but I have no clue where to source it
- I would prefer to just provide my measurements and have it made or it should be adjustable to some degree
- It needs to be lockable to myself, and want it to stand out so I have no way to hide it should I be forced into the public.
Being steel and coated its very easy to wash, I generally just use a damp rag. I'm not sure on how shipping within Germany works but I have had plenty of experience purchasing gear from other countries and have had no issues. As far as sizing, he has some sizing guides on his website which I followed and was very pleased. If you have any concerns about sizing email him, he has been extremely helpful and fast every time I have done so. This also goes for if you want extra rings or attachment points added (which you mentioned in the original post).
As for standing out, pretty hard to hide a steel collar with a nice shiny O-rind dangling from the front of it! And theres no mistaking it for jewelry.

Another random note, you can use a small bolt and nut in place of a padlock which gives the collar a very clean look as well!
TheWingmen

Post by TheWingmen »

PS- I was so hyped up about recommending the collar that I've been wearing it since that post. Still comfy!
PutStringsOnMe

Post by PutStringsOnMe »

TheWingmen wrote:PS- I was so hyped up about recommending the collar that I've been wearing it since that post. Still comfy!
Nice to know that you are still satisfied by it.
TheWingmen wrote:I'm not sure on how shipping within Germany works but I have had plenty of experience purchasing gear from other countries and have had no issues.
I just looked up their shipping rates to Germany and I really hope the web-shop has screwed the pooch, because it want's to charge about $190 for shipping. :shock:
I emailed them to check if this is correct and if there are other options to have this shipped, perhaps via a german international carrier that definitely has better prices.
One other point of concern is the fact that this may be intercepted by customs if not declared properly so that the delivery guy can charge me the import-tax.
Then I'd get to visit the customs office and explain what they are looking at - kinky! :oops:

Well, time to go to bed for now.

-PutStringsOnMe
-PutStringsOnMe
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Maybe have a look at the sm-factory collars (https://www.sm-factory.com/de/shop/110/).
They are individually hand-made to measure, stainless steel.
And they are made in Germany, thus shipped from Germany, which seems to be exactly what you're after (no customs and the shipping costs are low).

Be warned though: They only build a limited amount of collars every month, and there are usually lots of people trying to place an order. You might need patience...
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)
PutStringsOnMe

Post by PutStringsOnMe »

Hello All,
I just heard back from Dungeon Delights, the shipping estimate was obviously wrong and they offered to just refund the difference once I put in the order.
That concludes my search and I'm now waiting patiently to receive my red Simple Elegance Collar.
Once I have it I'll make a post to let you know of my first impressions.

Thank you all for being supportive!

-PutStringsOnMe
-PutStringsOnMe
TheWingmen

Post by TheWingmen »

Awesome! I'm sure you will be thrilled with it!
PutStringsOnMe

Post by PutStringsOnMe »

Hello Everyone,
I'm back from the post office and I think I like what I got.
The package was treated by customs in Germany, but all went well and I just collected it after paying the small import fee.
The collar was carefully packed into bubblewrap and suspended between loosely balled packing paper - nicely done.

While I'm usually picking low-key colours for my day to day wear, I decided to do quite the opposite for my first collar - as expected, the colour really stands out.

The finish is glossy and smooth to the touch, so I think there won't be any chafing.

Upon closer inspection the welded ring is a bit rough in the finish, especially right next to the bead other than that the collar feels sturdy and competently put together.
I suppose that this could be fixed with a Dremel and a buffing wheel.

Following my quick inspection I pulled the little lock out of the drawer it had been sitting in since a week after I ordered the collar.

The collar closes easily around my neck - no risk of pinching in hair or skin by the way - and after slipping the shackle on I clicked the little lock in place.
The sizing guide was accurate, but I am left wondering if I would like it to be just a little bit tighter around my neck. I may need to explore this with a leather collar later, but for now I am happy.
When centered on my neck it leaves a about a 1,5 cm (0,59 inch) gap all around my neck.
(Sadly there will be no photos of my neck for privacy reasons, which is sad for you all because I think that the collar looks lovely on my neck. :D )

The hinge is placed in a way that it does not stick out into the back of my neck, in fact I can barely feel where it is without angling my back really far.
I won't oil that hinge any time soon, unless it starts to bind - it gave a little squeal when closing which, I found fitting for this device.
The lock I use is an ABUS 65/20 brass body lock, with an advertised shackle height of 11.5 mm and a shackle diameter of 3.5 mm.
(It's key is currently suspended in the middle of a small frozen coke bottle, the spare is at a friends house whom I would have to call up and drive to... :oops: )
There is just the right amount of play so the lock can move about a bit, without allowing any significant gap in the collar which would be a pinching hazard.

As I am typing this, I am noticing that the collar never fully warms up to my body temperature which serves as a little reminder of it's presence every time I move my head.
I'm curious if I will be able to sleep comfortably (or at all :twisted: ) wearing it - not that I have much choice in this matter now...

If any issues should come up I will update this post, but as of right now I can recommend checking out https://www.dungeondelights.com.

-PutStringsOnMe
-PutStringsOnMe
PutStringsOnMe

Post by PutStringsOnMe »

Hello again,
I thought I'd post a bit of an update now for those that were curious how I fared being collared over night.
On the first night I had trouble getting to sleep, every time I moved the collar reminded me of it's presence either by touching a slightly colder bit to my neck or by the lock and ring clanking around.
I very much enjoyed this predicament, since it was a new experience for me and it hit me even harder since the previous week was quite taxing.
I finally managed to fall asleep at 4 am, when I woke up the next morning I felt a bit fuzzy from just getting very light sleep but I was proud of my accomplishment.
Unsurprisingly, as I went to bed last night I found myself reaching for the collar and lock again. I made myself comfortable as best as I could and although the keys were right there on my nightstand I chose to try my best to get used to sleeping with my collar on. :oops:

I mentioned that I was wondering if I wanted the collar to be a little bit tighter. I want to retract that statement now, since I felt the collar press into the sides of my neck when I was yawning. It wasn't making me feel unsafe wearing it, but I just want to make sure that no-one chooses to disregard the sizing guide Dungeon Delights provided based on my report.

-PutStringsOnMe
-PutStringsOnMe
dante33

Post by dante33 »

Congrats on the collar, looks funky!

I love metal collars, so delightfully restrictive. Mine are quite a bit bigger and heavier :D I own 4 metal collars and 2 leather, I uploaded a pic of a few of them.
Attachments
IMG_4778 - Kopi.JPG