Question about Ico Lock / Ice

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
Ano

Question about Ico Lock / Ice

Post by Ano »

Hello,

Few years ago i have seen a post about Icelocks, and somebody mentioned that they used to mix the water before freezing it to make it. That made it lost longer to melt.

I am about to buy an ice lock off of ebay. Probably this one.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ICE-LOCK-Sta ... %7Ciid%3A1

But even for the large one they say it will take up to 3 hours to melt. That's many thing but not long.
For an over night session it won't do for sure no matter how we extend it, but for a durring the day stirght hog tie setup 3-4 hours should do.

Ide of using the lock would be this:

Rope on my legs, one end of ice lock tied to my ankles.
Elbows tied together, blindfold, gag, and handcuffs on my hands connected to the other end of ice lock. Cuff keys simply out of reach. When the lock opens i should be able to crawl away / remove the blind fold at an edge of furniture, grab the key and open the cuffs.

Other way i am planing to use it is to use two sets of handcuffs one on each wrists, and connect them witht he ice lock on the back, locking me to my sofa's metal frame. (essencialy a big sturdy chair that opens up to be a single bed.)
PutStringsOnMe

Re: Question about Ico Lock / Ice

Post by PutStringsOnMe »

Hello Ano,
I think that there are several things you can do to create slower melting ice.

- Boil the water you are using, this is supposed to remove any gasses trapped in it, causing it to freeze out more uniformly.
- Slowly freeze the water, again this is resulting in more evenly formed ice that should be harder.

Once you take it out of the freezer time is literally running. You could gain a bit of time by carefully handling the metal body and putting an isolating sleeve around it.
Have a look at the foam insulation used for radiators you can find in your nearest home improvement store.
Don't forget, anything metallic connected to the lock should be regarded as a heat-bridge, make sure to insulate those too.

Please test the achieved duration before implementing the procedures into a session.

Have fun!
-PutStringsOnMe
TheWingmen

Post by TheWingmen »

I can confirm what was said above. Using pipe insulation on the ice locks can significantly increase the amount of time it takes to melt. Also room temperature obviously. Be sure you test how long it will last a few times before locking yourself in of course.
Ano

Post by Ano »

Thank you, both of you.

Boiling the water is easy, but i can't see how could i freeze it slowly.
Once it's in the freezer, it will get frozen. Or should i take it few times to let it warm up a bit before countinuing to freeze it?
I found foams on E-bay. They are expensive, but i'll add them a bit later, but looks like a good idea. :)
I'll give an update once i got the lock/ tested it.
Thanks again.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

I'd get some foam pipe insulation at a DIY/hardware store. That stuff is actually rather cheap.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
PutStringsOnMe

Post by PutStringsOnMe »

Hey Ano,
I noticed that my ice cubes were often cloudy when my freezer was running at -24°C, which was way too low anyway.
(I bought the freezer from the previous renter when I moved in.)
I returned it to the default, -16°C and the ice cubes came out clear more often and lasted longer when outside in drinks or in use with a ring and a sock.
tl;dr: Just don't set the freezer to ridiculously low temps.
-PutStringsOnMe
Ano

Post by Ano »

PutStringsOnMe wrote:Hey Ano,
I noticed that my ice cubes were often cloudy when my freezer was running at -24°C, which was way too low anyway.
(I bought the freezer from the previous renter when I moved in.)
I returned it to the default, -16°C and the ice cubes came out clear more often and lasted longer when outside in drinks or in use with a ring and a sock.
tl;dr: Just don't set the freezer to ridiculously low temps.
Will do, i placed the order btw, gona be 1-2 weeks until it arrives, now i am just simply very excited.
Countdown is on. :)
TheWingmen

Post by TheWingmen »

Ano wrote:Boiling the water is easy, but i can't see how could i freeze it slowly.
Sorry for the late response. Boiling water doesnt make the ice freeze slower. What it does do however is release other gasses and things in the water, allowing for a more pure block of ice which will freeze with a more uniform crystalline structure which will take longer to thaw. When you have ice that is cloudy or that has bubbles those are impurities that cause it to melt faster. Crystal clear ice is the strongest and slowest melting.
Ano

Post by Ano »

TheWingmen wrote:
Ano wrote:Boiling the water is easy, but i can't see how could i freeze it slowly.
Sorry for the late response. Boiling water doesnt make the ice freeze slower. What it does do however is release other gasses and things in the water, allowing for a more pure block of ice which will freeze with a more uniform crystalline structure which will take longer to thaw. When you have ice that is cloudy or that has bubbles those are impurities that cause it to melt faster. Crystal clear ice is the strongest and slowest melting.
Hi, and sorry, i answer should had been two different sentences.
I got the idea of boiling it to clear it up.

At that point i just didn't know how to freeze it slower. It has been answered since, i will have to make sure to turn down the freezer. To keep it in a freezing, but fairly high temperature.
Ano

Post by Ano »

While still waiting for the package to arrive, i was thinking.
One way to use the ice lock is to incorporate it to the hogtie it self. So when it releases it will let me use my legs again. But i will have my feet tied up still on 2-3 points. Elbows tied up, blindfolded, gagged, and most importantly the handcuffs will be still on. So if the keys will be elevated from the ground as they should be. It will be still hard to reach them.
But at least the higtie is over.

Other version would be to finish off the hogtie un escapeable, put the keys on the floor, and use the lock to hold in a place from where i can't reach the keys. So when it opens i can make my way tovards the keys open the handcuffs, and slowly free my self.
On the first glimp i favour the 1. one but i will have to remove the blindfold to be surely able to locate the keys.

What do you guys think which one is easier and safer?
bearded pirate wench

Post by bearded pirate wench »

I did a quick google search and finally found what I had been looking for. You can freeze water slowly by following the instructions that the author provided. I wonder if the method would work better if you used previously boiled water to start with or one better (and more expensive) distilled water.

You could also try adding salt to the water to slow the freezing of the water.
TheWingmen

Post by TheWingmen »

bearded pirate wench wrote:

You could also try adding salt to the water to slow the freezing of the water.
Adding salt to slow freezing will also speed up melting as it decreases the freezing temp of the water.
bearded pirate wench

Post by bearded pirate wench »

:shock: :shock: Oh right, I forgot about salt helping ice to melt faster.
Ano

Post by Ano »

I am back, reporting as promised.
I have done two sessions with it.
Hogtie both times, first with a TCH Rigid handcuffs.
second with magnet locking handcuffs. One like this : https://bit.ly/2HqvtFa
Both was succesfull in terms of: I could not see any way to escape before the lock opened. So i just had spend that two hours thinking. Because i had my knees tied together as well, i had realy hard time turning around in the bed.

But seems like whatever i do, nothing can replicate the feeling of rope on my hands.
Anyway the fun will continue I'll come back later.
beldritch

Post by beldritch »

Hi, how do those magnetic cuffs work? I've looked at the auction and can't understand how you get in and out of them.