Checking on me

"Normal bondage" with a partner. Post here if your post do not fit the selfbondage threads.
whomadeangus

Checking on me

Post by whomadeangus »

I’m trying to find a way that my wife can check on me when I’m tied up. I want a secured connection that she can check from her phone. I’ve seen security systems with remote cameras. Is there a website that I can remain connected and she can log into and see me.
TheWingmen

Re: Checking on me

Post by TheWingmen »

Most security cameras that can be monitored remotely do so through an app in my experience. Find a remote cam you like, and then she can use the app to check in on you
sweh

Post by sweh »

A number of internet connected cameras can be triggered on movement and/or sound, or can be configured to be "permanently on". Some of them also have two-way communication via the app.

I have a Samsung SNH-V6414 (I got it refurb'd for $50), which can be accessed remotely from an app and does this. It also has an infra-red function for recording at night, and it also records to a local microSD card so you can review the movies afterwards :-)
FatherOfFour

Post by FatherOfFour »

I sometimes install surveillance systems (hidden cams) and what I'd recommend is:
- use devices with their own web interface (no app/web plugin)
- secure Your network
- allow only one channel/vpn through your router, or more complex solution
Why:
- usually plugins/apps from chinese cams have "goodies"...
- net-connected cams (IOT, etc...) call home, unlike Your own setup using dynamic dns (free or paid providers)

I might sound a little paranoid, but ultimately it's Your kink: You might like "a larger audience" (than intended...)

Have fun, share...
f4
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

To echo what FatherOfFour wrote, I have several cameras for security and remotely monitoring equipment and they fall into two types as he describes (though under the hood there's not much difference if you're a into hacking Linux devices).

Type 1: A Chinese 'Nest' clone that's viewed on an app on your phone or tablet and once registered can be viewed from anywhere via their cloud service. Once set up it's simple to use and ideal for your application but the very nature of the way it works through an app anywhere with data connectivity is that it's going through a cloud service in China that could be doing who-knows-what with the data.

Type 2: A Chinese dome camera which has a built-in viewer and can also send an RTSP video stream which can be recorded or viewed from eg. the VLC application. As a more serious commercial CCTV device, the installer has much more control than with the first type. Change the passwords to something secure and open a port to it through your broadband router and block everything outbound from that IP address, but if you're more paranoid, then as he mentions, use a VPN so you know your partner is the only person able to access it. You can also install DVR software on a computer at home to record everything for later review.

Both types available in HD quality versions for £15-25 from the usual suspects in China (AliExpress is my goto supplier).
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

My main question is actually what you hope to achieve with her "checking in" on you. If she's not actually there, she would be unable to do anything if you were in trouble. So is it just about her being able to see you?

In general anything connected to the internet can be hacked. There are some decently secured options out there, but they are generally the expensive ones.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

If you are locked, and she needs to be able to check if you are still locked remotely, I would recommend the following: Secure something that can't be removed or would cause significant damage if done so that you can attach a padlock to. Use a plastic padlock with a number and put a camera that can record the padlock number at all times.

You can break the padlock, but then you need to replace it with a different padlock and thus the number changes, and she'll know.

It is a great way because it does allow you access to the key attached in case of an emergency, but she'll know.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
tiemeupalso

Post by tiemeupalso »

not everybody has a smart phone.
how about a camera that she can look you up on from a computer.
I don't know of any cams that can be accessed over the net,but then I am no computer wiz.
whomadeangus

Post by whomadeangus »

I’m looking for a simple plug and play system. I want her to be able to access it from her phone because when she’s at work we use our unlimited data.

I don’t do anything that complex or dangerous. Maybe a hogtie or a spread eagle with an emergency release. This is not a safety device this is so she can see me all tied up and helpless and hard. I really enjoy the thrill of wondering how long until she catches me and how long until she releases me.

She enjoys the show and being in charge.