[Android] Time Lock for Images

Selfbondage software and other kinky developments

Moderators: Riddle, Shannon SteelSlave

MKu

[Android] Time Lock for Images

Post by MKu »

Just recently i stumbled over this nice little app:

Time Lock for Images by Moritz Both
Indeed over time people got knowledge but no wisdom.

Accidents do not happen, they are caused.
Fredderf

Re: [Android] Time Lock for Images

Post by Fredderf »

another option that i like is chastikey.
you dont take a photo of the lock, because you have to check if its blurry, so you see the code.
with this, it gives you a code to set your lock to, and then it shows random numbers for a minute to help you forget.

you can also choose between "unlock in 4 hours" (fixed) or "unlock in the next 2-6 hours" (chance game)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .chastikey
MKu

Post by MKu »

Fredderf wrote:you dont take a photo of the lock, because you have to check if its blurry, so you see the code.
Because of this problem, I stopped using combination padlocks.
Now i'm using speed dial padlocks with keytables. In case the speed dial padlock is too large, i use it to lock the smaller keys away in a keysafe.
ImageImage
Since i have no photographic memory i do need to see the keytable to unlock the padlock.
Once the keytable is locked away i'm locked away too.
Indeed over time people got knowledge but no wisdom.

Accidents do not happen, they are caused.
LS-b

Post by LS-b »

Hi, I just registered, but have been lurking for awhile. I wanted to offer some input regarding the Android apps ChastiKey and Time Lock for Images.

Things I like about ChastiKey: variable timer (you can tell it to set a random timer within a range) , opportunities to escape sooner (can be disabled), and use by self or by a keyholder. Intuitive interface, easy to use.

Things I don't like: the app gives you a number to set in your combination lock (you tell it the number of digits your lock has). After it shows you this number, it then goes into this routine of displaying hundreds of random numbers, theoretically distracting you so you forget the number you used to set your lock. I find that once I've taken the time to set the number in the lock, it is imprinted in my memory and I am unable to forget it just by watching random numbers flash up on the screen. This does not work for me for self-keyholding.

Things I like about Time Lock for Images: Can add time to the timer file. Can hide the center of the image while taking a photo of your lock, so you can still tell if the image is sharp but you can't see the lock digits. Can share the image.

Things I don't like: can't generate a random time. Can't be 100% certain that the lock combo will be clear enough to read.

My thoughts: I really would prefer to use ChastiKey but I would need someone else to set the lock combo so I can't see what it is. That is a significant enough problem for me to not use it by myself. With Time Lock for Images, I have to have enough discipline not to look at the locks after I have randomly and blindly reset the combos, while taking the photo and while getting ready to close the lock and spin the combo. For me, this works. If I glance and see even one digit of the 4-digit combo, I go thru the reset and photo procedure again. Once the photo is taken and the locks are in place, I can then take my time in establishing my desired wait time. Time can be set in days, hours and minutes, up to 999 days. If I could get past the main problematic issue I have with ChastiKey, I would prefer it because it allows hidden variable timers so I would not know when I could unlock (within user-identified parameters). Time Lock for Images always shows a countdown timer for when the image will be available.

My experience with the images taken for the Time Lock app is that they are plenty clear as long as you take care when taking the image. Even with the center of the image hidden, you can see enough around the perimeter to tell whether or not the image is sharp. The app assesses the clarity of the photo image and will show a bar graph estimating the percentage of sharpness of the photo. If the percentage says 100%, I have high confidence that the digits will be readable.

Just my 2 cents FWIW. 8)
Stretched out

Post by Stretched out »

With timelock for images, I attach two post it notes either side of the lock combination with some fine writing on them. Then scramble the lock.

When taking the picture, I use macro focus and hide the center of my phones screen with a bank card across the screen to hide the central part, whilst still letting me see the postits. As the camera focuses I can easily tell if the writing is sharp just before the image is captured. Once the preview screen appears, I check the sharpness and 85% sharpness or better is easily readable.
I use a bank card as I found the hotshot cover quite often reveals a glimpse of the lock when I'm lining up the photo... needing to re scramble.
lehmann

Post by lehmann »

Just a side note: time lock for images does have a random time function. In the time set screen, swipe to the left to see options.
tiemeupalso

Post by tiemeupalso »

is there any way to run this on a windows 7 laptop?
or is it just for smart phones?