Mouth stuffing

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
lbh_self_bond

Mouth stuffing

Post by lbh_self_bond »

In a lot of bondage videos I have watched, the victim might get a whole pair of panties stuffed in their mouth or some other cloth as a gag. Not really my thing, but I have tried putting some cloth in my mouth to see how it feels, and for some reason my gag reflex always kicks in after a few seconds. Is this some sort of safety instinct that goes away after a lot of practice? Or am I just weak?
And before anybody says anything, I realize that stuffing your mouth isn't safe when it comes to selfbondage, I'm just curious.
"I should bind myself to life with invisible knots
that can not be untied by any man
and I should be forever bound
and forever free" - Lao-tsu, The Tao Te Ching
ponylady

Re: Mouth stuffing

Post by ponylady »

chew on the cloth while being inserted to insure "proper" form & placement.

that is one of the tricks.
also, there are people who are more gagable than others.
[
lbh_self_bond

Post by lbh_self_bond »

Thanks for the tip. I also heard it was about tongue placement, but that didn't seem to help.
Natale

Post by Natale »

With practice you can sudue the gag reflex up to a point, but remember that reflex exists for a reason and anything pushed too far back in the mouth may trigger it.

Some alternatives are cleave gags- either a cleave with a big 'ol knot in front or cleave over a folded pad. They might not look very photogenic (unless covered with a 'detective' style otm), but do silence one quite well. And since there's nothing loose in the mouth, they are safer as well.
lbh_self_bond

Post by lbh_self_bond »

Natale wrote:With practice you can sudue the gag reflex up to a point, but remember that reflex exists for a reason and anything pushed too far back in the mouth may trigger it.

Some alternatives are cleave gags- either a cleave with a big 'ol knot in front or cleave over a folded pad. They might not look very photogenic (unless covered with a 'detective' style otm), but do silence one quite well. And since there's nothing loose in the mouth, they are safer as well.
Yes, I have no problem with knotted cleave gags as well, and prefer either that or a ball gag :gag:
But having the mouth stuffed does a really good job muffling the sound.
I think I just have a really sensitive gag reflex. I can have a cloth in my mouth for a few seconds before I have to spit it out.
Natale

Post by Natale »

I agree, gag stuffing does the job! I don't often do it, but I know satin scarf stuffing almost triggers the reflex in me, and yet balled up torn sheeting is fine. So the material used can sometimes make a difference.
:gag:
CaptainJoe

Post by CaptainJoe »

Hi,

I know it's completely different, but have you tried an inflatable gag? When you (and your hormones) don't overdo it, you can inflate it just to the point you like it. They come in different forms, maybe the "butterfly" won't trigger your gag reflex.

Joe.
Life is what happens, while you are making other plans.
We won't stop nagging - because we care!
Triplestar

Post by Triplestar »

I ussually stuff my mouth with scarves when I do Selfbondage without tieing my hands. Even though I consider my gag reflex as quite sensitive, I never had it activate by stuffing my mouth. It only kicks in when something gets very very close to my throat.