Re-inforcing a CB6000

Chastity is perhaps the ultimate in long term selfbondage.
bdsm984

Re-inforcing a CB6000

Post by bdsm984 »

Hey guys/gals,

For the last month or two months me and my partner have been trying a CB6000 on and off. Nothing too strict since I still need to get used to it. However, the rings keep breaking/cracking on me. I don't know exactly why it happens, but I've had to call the supplier once or twice already asking for replacement rings. (They were kind enough to ship us new ones though!)

However, I'm growing frustrated that it's not as solid as I'd hoped. The weak point is highlighted in the image below.
ring_weak.jpg
ring_weak.jpg (79.16 KiB) Viewed 3169 times
If any of you guys have any ideas or go-to people/websites, let me know. I'd like to make the experience work
lj

Re: Re-inforcing a CB6000

Post by lj »

a question - is this a genuine CB6000 ?

there are a lot of fakes selling on the internet, usually around half price (approx £100 is UK genuine price) and these fakes are made from acrylic, not polycarbonate. Acrylic tends to snap quite easily, whereas polycarbonate takes a lot more force, though of course it will break. But bear in mind polycarbonate sheet around 6mm thick is used to withstand sledge-hammer attacks!

I did buy a "fake" to see how I would cope with a CB, and then sold it on (stressing it was a fake!) and bought a genuine CB6000 which has seen quite a bit of use over the last two years.

If it is genuine, then I can only assume you are putting a lot of force on it, perhaps when putting it on. I know that it can be quite difficult to get all the parts, including your own (!) in the right place, so perhaps you need to be more cautious when doing so. What I find most difficult is avoiding getting some very delicate skin trapped as the parts close up - the last time I actually found some clotted blood within the spacer - we don't do deliberate blood play (mind you, I could tell a tale about the pin wheel , LadyJ and my delicate bits...) Once fitted, I cannot imagine getting enough force to break the polycarbonate without major damage to your own delicate bits!
be a switch, double the fun :-)
bobbi

Post by bobbi »

the polycarbonite one i had never broke in those locations. rather, mine split in two halves because the bonding couldn't withstand the pressure.
lj

Post by lj »

bobbi wrote:the polycarbonite one i had never broke in those locations. rather, mine split in two halves because the bonding couldn't withstand the pressure.
I was very tempted to say "Boasting" :lol: :rofl:

but a good point, this seams (ha ha, seems) to be a regular problem. The cure is to run some superglue along the seam (use the thin stuff, carefully, and it runs along the seam by capillary action) before using it for the first time (no contaminants of any kind) - I saw the warnings about this problem and did this when I got mine, no problems so far.
bdsm984

Post by bdsm984 »

I'm not quite sure if it is a genuine CB6000, I wouldn't quite know how to tell the difference. We bought mine from a supplier that we get most of our things from. Besides, at 150 euros, I'd hope to get a genuine one. (Mine was on sale, mind you).

I can take it up with the support desk over there to ask whether or not they buy the genuine thing or some cheap knock-off, as they are usually quite open about their business. As for the amount of force I put on it? I don't put it on with force, I try to be as gentle as possible because I don't want anything (meaning me or the CB) to break.
lj

Post by lj »

bdsm984 wrote:I'm not quite sure if it is a genuine CB6000, I wouldn't quite know how to tell the difference. We bought mine from a supplier that we get most of our things from. Besides, at 150 euros, I'd hope to get a genuine one. (Mine was on sale, mind you).

I can take it up with the support desk over there to ask whether or not they buy the genuine thing or some cheap knock-off, as they are usually quite open about their business. As for the amount of force I put on it? I don't put it on with force, I try to be as gentle as possible because I don't want anything (meaning me or the CB) to break.
At that price, I'd certainly expect it to be genuine!

If yours is black/opaque it is difficult to tell which plastic it is - the fake I bought had air bubbles in the mouldings, I believe these arise from poor casting techniques. After that, you'd need to take samples of the plastic and test it with solvents - ABS will resist some that acrylic will not.

If fractures have happened more than once, then either you are subjecting yours to stress or it isn't genuine - mine has been subjected to occasional accidental force and stresses without damage.
bdsm984

Post by bdsm984 »

lj wrote:If fractures have happened more than once, then either you are subjecting yours to stress or it isn't genuine - mine has been subjected to occasional accidental force and stresses without damage.
It's good to hear that you have no similar issues. What happens is that sometimes the whole bunch tends to pull up a bit due to me putting on boxers. That shouldn't be enough to crack polycarbonate in any case.

However, I have used my supplier's contact form to ask how or what is the deal with the product they're selling. They're generally very nice people (very nice shop as well) and I don't want to rant on and on to them. I tried to sound as nice as I could, because quite generally I'm just disappointed in the quality of the product I received. Oh well, the ball is in their court and I hope to hear from them soon.