London

"Normal bondage" with a partner. Post here if your post do not fit the selfbondage threads.
anonyman12g

London

Post by anonyman12g »

Hello all.

I am a London dweller, and just starting out on the whole bondage/bdsm scene. (Really really into it, massive turn on).
Does anyone know where to get started in London? As in events, shops, people I can meet who share my interests, and who eventually might want to join me for some fun? Infact any places where you can go for bondage nsa fun even? You know - just to try it out.
I've looked around the internet for quite a while and found dungeons for rent (those places must be disgusting after the amount of different people who use them).

Love vacbeds etc.

Will hopefully be getting my first rope soon :D

Are you from London? Let me know! :D
lj

Re: London

Post by lj »

I had to sit back and pause just a little. You want to find the BDSM scene in London ? How long have you got ?

You are in one of the liveliest kink places on Earth!

Go to www.informedconsent.co.uk , register (it's free and doesn't mean you will be flooded with unsolicited emails, just lets you post, a bit like this excellent site) and look in the Calendar and Munch pages. You will find dozens of Munches, clubs, play-parties and such, several probably just up the road from your place. I live in Suffolk, not known for its lively nightlife, but we have at least 7 Munches within an hour's drive, just imagine what London is like! Bear in mind that Munches are a place to meet like-minded people, they vary from a few guys meeting in a pub, sitting round a table, to ones like the one I organise, which has around 40 people turning up to see practical demos or themed evenings, to those actively encouraging fetish dress and perhaps some low-key play.

If you want to try bondage and other play experiences, your best bet is one of the play-parties. These are, in theory, by invitation, but in fact usually simply require you to register an interest and explain your kink interests (so the Organiser knows what you might like to try and then attempts to help you succeed in finding it) Please note that you will NOT be offered sexual services, and Munches are NOT pick-up sites, though in both cases, once you are known, things may progress.

I can't speak for clubs, as I don't go to them, but they range from serious play events through to fetish fashion shows.

You are doing "dungeons for rent" a dis-service, most are kept meticulously clean, their reputation and livelihood depends on people coming back, and "The Scene" is surprisingly small and VERY well connected, a bad reputation spreads like wildfire (so be warned, if you are a "wanky man" then your reputation will also spread!) However, a "dungeon for rent" will require you to have a play-partner, they don't provide those as part of the service.

Memo me if you want any specific information, assuming I can provide it.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
leopard99

Re: London

Post by leopard99 »

Very much what LJ said. As with munches, BDSM parties cover a wide range. At one end is Torture Garden, a big "dress up and dance" event with a dungeon available to play. At the other are specifically play parties such as Ann's in Romford (which incidentally both LJ and I attend). You haven't said whether you are sub, dom or other and really it doesn't matter. If you go to a play party there are usually people willing to play if you ask nicely. If you are feeling submissive there are usually house doms/dommes who will normally play with anyone if asked politely.

There are 2 monthly BDSM/fetish markets, both on Sundays, LAM (in the CIty) and LFF (near Kings Cross). Both offer a wide range of goods and have a good atmosphere. Both have an afterparty.

The Informed Consent website has an excellent calendar of events. The IC calandar and threads are viewable without having to register but it's better if you register. It's free and won't give you any spam problems.