Emotions and self bondage

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
taylorgreen4682

Emotions and self bondage

Post by taylorgreen4682 »

First off I do hope this is in the right place. But for me I tend to suffer from depression at times, especially when it comes to my relationship. But when it comes to times like these I just cannot practice self bondage although it is one of the most relaxing things next to yoga and running that I can do. (All three relax me and I just cannot do any when Im depressed) But the point of this was to ask if anybody else had feelings like this?
bound_jenny

Re: Emotions and self bondage

Post by bound_jenny »

Depression, whether it's episodic or chronic, robs you of all your energy which would otherwise get you to do things you like. You just feel too crappy to cheer yourself up. So you stay down.

I sometimes get the blues, and I just don't feel like doing anything - bondage, making corsets, etc. It passes. Usually getting out of the house and going somewhere clears the cobwebs out of my head and I get the urge to do things again. It's just giving myself that little shove to get going. The key is seeing something else besides the same four walls: nice scenery, a museum, or - very effective - the shoe store. :mrgreen:

After I'm home, I get tied up again and the spark is back.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
BondageGames

Post by BondageGames »

bound_jenny wrote:the shoe store. :mrgreen:
I'm there 30+ hours/wk, and it doesn't usually do much for my down times! ;)
lj

Post by lj »

Rather depends on what you call depression. If it is "real" depression, rather than just feeling a bit down -"the blues" - then as Jenny says, it really does knock you completely off-track ( been there, got the T shirt, taken the pills...) and you really do need help to get out of it.

If you are feeling "the blues" then I've found a good BDSM session is excellent therapy, though I do have the tremendous advantage of having my LadyJ at hand, with the cane and crop and floggers :D - and just to keep things even, if she is in a low mood, I can return the favour :twisted:

But you are by far from being alone in your feelings, again, as Jenny says, you need a change of scene (no pun intended!) something that gently eases your mind away from the depressive downwards spiral.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
Cindy123

Post by Cindy123 »

taylorgreen4682 wrote:First off I do hope this is in the right place. But for me I tend to suffer from depression at times, especially when it comes to my relationship. But when it comes to times like these I just cannot practice self bondage although it is one of the most relaxing things next to yoga and running that I can do. (All three relax me and I just cannot do any when Im depressed) But the point of this was to ask if anybody else had feelings like this?
Forget bondage, I have known freinds with depression and it can get dangerous, my advise is to get out of the house, change your routine, meet new people, if it gets worse see a doctor.
Depression can be very serious, if your sad,mad, unhappy thats one thing.
We all are here for you. :wink:
Sin
If your not playing on the edge, your taking up to much space...............................
Play safe and have fun...Now Where did I put that damn Key!!!!! ;-)
CINDY123@BAK.RR.COM
taylorgreen4682

Post by taylorgreen4682 »

Ah sin I'm fine, thanks for caring though. Yep I was in an extremly depressive and dangerous mood, and im much better now. But at the time of the post (and now) Im feeling excellent. This topic was something that was on my mind, something that I was just curious about how other people felt when it came to their emotions and sb. Oh and I about ready to put on a kadara and a crab tie for tonight and it looks like I have myself some free time so if anybody had any interesting ideas on what to do over the few nights please share ;) I just so happen to be a guy, have lots of rope, a butt plug, a gag, some female clothes, nipple clamps, and alot of space. :hi:
Cindy123

Post by Cindy123 »

taylorgreen4682 wrote:Ah sin I'm fine, thanks for caring though.
Glad your OK, Reach out to us if things change, We are here for you.
Sin :hi:
If your not playing on the edge, your taking up to much space...............................
CINDY123@BAK.RR.COM
bertlitman

Post by bertlitman »

I am exactly the same way. If I am too stressed out or have the blues - I just don't feel like doing it. Every year my wife and the kids go to Florida for a week and I look forward to it all year because I can have a week of SB. Well a couple years ago, I was having a hard time with my jobs and was in the dumps - the week came and I could not bring myself to do any SB. Just didn't feel it.

Once I come out of my funk spells, it all comes back and I go a little nuts.
Cindy123

Post by Cindy123 »

bertlitman wrote:I am exactly the same way. If I am too stressed out or have the blues - I just don't feel like doing it. Every year my wife and the kids go to Florida for a week and I look forward to it all year because I can have a week of SB. Well a couple years ago, I was having a hard time with my jobs and was in the dumps - the week came and I could not bring myself to do any SB. Just didn't feel it.

Once I come out of my funk spells, it all comes back and I go a little nuts.
I say go with the Wife and Kids to Florida, Dont miss this for anything, forget the SB, you have 3 people who love you :love: thats the greatest gift of all.
My two cents..................
Sin
CINDY123@BAK.RR.COM