Hello! A few questions.. :)

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
Kinky_Jon

Hello! A few questions.. :)

Post by Kinky_Jon »

Hey guys, I've been reading your threads for around 2 years or so now, and I've decided to become active within the community!

Firstly, I'd like to say that I'm definitely inexperienced in self bondage! One day I'd love to be a sub, or even a slave, being helpless and humiliated by someone else. However, until then comes, I'll have to tie myself up! So here's the thing - I've never been able to create a reliable release mechanism! I don't fully understand the best way to create an ice release mechanism. I must have read at least twenty different ways to do it, but most seem impractical!

One time I tried putting a key into an empty 2 pint milk bottle, the key could slide out and down easily when the ice melted. It turned out it took around 8 hours to melt, haha However I have no wear high up for leverage, and I have to tie the milk bottle to a bar expanding across my bed posts - it was quite flimsy. I often see people referring to something like... a key attached to a loop around the top of a sock, with ice cubes inside the sock, which will melt and let the key slide down? I believe I saw a picture of it before but was still curious as to how effective and reliable it is. Plus I'd need an O ring :( Any tips on how to DIY this please? Oh and it's worth noting that at first, I froze a key into a pint glass, with string coming out the top and wrapped around the sizes. I share a flat, and needless to say, people were quite scared that someone was storing a murder weapon or something (quite hilarious actually), though storing a more discrete ice release would be nicer.

I guess I was most inspired to ask this now, as I have just ordered a wrist-ankle spreader bar, which should be arriving tomorrow along with my first ever vibrating dildo, lol. I've never tried anal before - but I want to insert it and tie a kirada on myself, and then lock my wrists and ankles into the bar! I'm 100% sure I'll regret it after 5 minutes, but the thought of being trapped like it for hours is... nice, to say the least ;D Usually I end up untying myself after orgasm, as my thought processes completely changed, no matter how much I tell myself to keep myself locked up before hand. Hopefully mastering an ice release will let me punish myself effectively.

I'm starting to explore things now. I've also ordered some Ann Summers latex lace-up gloves and stockings to wear while in the spreader bar :) I would post links if it were allowed, but I guess I can take some pictures when they arrive! That brings another question - How do you guys take pictures of yourself? I won't be able to hold my camera phone. I have a webcam built into my laptop so I could use that - but is it possible to get it to record and save into a file without downloading a programme? I'm a bit of a noob :) I can take pictures but not record. And I can't get it to take pictures automatically! Any help appreciated!

Hm back to the latex gloves and stockings - I'm also thinking of buying either Ballet boots or high heels too. My heart is set on those damn expensive ballet boots haha - they're all around £100, but does anyone know if they can be bought much cheaper? I figure people here have experience with fetish clothing. If i don't get ballet boots, I'll proabably get some heals with a couple of ankle straps. I just read Bondagegames male>female shoe size guide on the cross dressing subsection and it was very helpful! Would I round up 1.5 sizes for ballet boots too? So a size 8 shoe would become a 9 1/2 boot? I've never bought boots before, I don't know if the sizes vary much when compared with shoes.

I'm sorry that this thread is a bit of a jumble and a lot of text, but I wanted to fit my introduction and questions all in one place.

Jon
My personality would make me a natural Sub : )
Kronopticon

Re: Hello! A few questions.. :)

Post by Kronopticon »

no worries about the jumbleness, jon :) well. the ice-stocking/sock method is very reliable, yes, I'd suggest towards using stockings than socks, being a thinner material etc. the ring wont snag, or get caught on stockings rather than on socks, which have a lot more bulk to get caught up on, and you can just use an ordinary key ring, no O ring necessary :) though I'd also recommend that you have the stocking melting at a distant part of the room, and have a string looped through the keyring, fixed to the ceiling with the stocking, so that when the keyring falls off, it will simply slide down the string towards you, and you dont have to get wet and cold doing it ^-^

you must remember that ann summers can be VERY expensive for the things they sell, and are often available from other shops much cheaper, so shop around for everything, there's plenty of places for everything, and there'll always be somewhere cheaper, for shoes, ballet or otherwise, i've got a lil' list on my blog here: http://kronopticon.blogspot.com/2010/07 ... nners.html so that should clear that up....

as for sizing.... well... thats too complicated for me to get into right now at this late hour... but i will just recommend that you do a LOT of research in forums and such about sizing and such, especially on sites like this, fetlife, informedconsent, etc. etc. :mrgreen: welcome :mrgreen:
http://fetlife.com/users/209924 <- My Fetlife Page
"If you're enjoying it, that means you're doing it right."
Kinky_Jon

Post by Kinky_Jon »

Ha, thanks alot for everything. I've just spent about 3 hours trying to find out my accurate size, and looked on some other SM forums. It seems the consensus is to add 1-2 shoe sizes. Anywaay... I'm a size 10 womans UK, so I plan to buy a size 12, as a couple of others said that buying one size above was still a tight fit. The boots I'm buying are the same as in my avatar, should be brilliant! I like the padlock :) :)

And really a simple key ring? Those are only like 1 inch circumferance ya know! It would definitely get stuck on a sock, I'll have to buy some stockings too then, thankyou.

Oh and about Ann summers, I did look around, but I figure that £20 for latex lace up stockings, and £15 for latex lace up gloves was a bargain! Though I only looked online for around an hour, but most items are very expensive! I'll post pictures when I get the them!
shibmo

Post by shibmo »

just for the ice release:

I use thin cotton socks, and a metal ring with a diameter around 35 mm. (its some kind of washer from a sink.. i guess..)
Loaded with a single ice cube (not a real cube, but from a little plastic bag, wich you fill, giving you about 24 ice 'cubes') it gives my about 30 minutes of enclosure.
adding another one will make it about 50 mins. I usually use it together with 'the ring device'. I prefer this method because the sock absorbs most of the water, so you won't make your bed all wet :)

I think you shouldn't use a key ring because it has two sharp endings witch could easily get entangled in the fabric. So you might want to look for a solid ring.
it actually shouldn't be a O-ring, because those are made of rubber, and that would make escaping just too easy :twisted:
about the melting time: first test it without being tied up, because the melting time could heavily vary in every situation.

Have Fun!
Kinky_Jon

Post by Kinky_Jon »

Ohh okay, that helps a lot too! I know exactly what I need now! I'll try using one of these, which I own:

And @ Kronopticon, I've now done A LOT of searching, and made a post on IC! The best price I found for the boots was £89-125 in most UK stores. I would have never considered the price to start - but I wanted heels, though I want these the most lol. Can't wait to have them locked on ^_^
Last edited by Kinky_Jon on 21 Jan 2011, 01:58, edited 1 time in total.
lj

Post by lj »

Kinky_Jon wrote:I guess I was most inspired to ask this now, as I have just ordered a wrist-ankle spreader bar, which should be arriving tomorrow along with my first ever vibrating dildo, lol. I've never tried anal before - but I want to insert it and tie a kirada on myself, and then lock my wrists and ankles into the bar! I'm 100% sure I'll regret it after 5 minutes, but the thought of being trapped like it for hours is... nice, to say the least ;D Usually I end up untying myself after orgasm, as my thought processes completely changed, no matter how much I tell myself to keep myself locked up before hand. Hopefully mastering an ice release will let me punish myself effectively.

I've highlighted the critical bit

test before bondage! it is easy to convince yourself something new will be really good, only to find reality is a disaster! so try out the various parts of the scene before you link them together.

I'm not doing the "elf-n-safety" thing here, but finding you have made a BIG mistake once you are locked in for a while is not good news. Seen it, done it, got the T shirt etc...

a simple ice-release can be made using the nylon mesh bags used to hold the washing powder tablets. The mesh is quite strong and putting an ice cube in the bag, then threading the draw-string through a link on a chain makes a simple two-part lock. It is guaranteed to melt in the UK climate(!) and can be used in a hog-tie or any other bondage. A single cube lasts about 40 minutes but if you can put your hands on it, much less. Perversely, several ice cubes don't raise the time in proportion (2 cubes melt in much less than 2 x the time for 1), you need to use bigger cubes. (surface area to volume ratio is what it is all about)
be a switch, double the fun :-)