Sizing help

Crossdressing as a part of or type of selfbondage.
rubberdragboy84

Sizing help

Post by rubberdragboy84 »

Anybody know how to get the right sizes for womens clothes? I always buy stuff and it too tight. just need some help thanx
bound_jenny

Re: Sizing help

Post by bound_jenny »

Bear in mind that ladies are smaller in frame than men, especially topside. The shoulders will invariably be a problem. Unless you are of slight build, expect to have problems.

You can easily type "measurement chart" or "size chart" in your favorite search engine and it will turn up a variety of tables and charts that say what measurements correspond to what sizes.

Here are a couple that I dug up just now: http://www.fibergypsy.com/common/misses.shtml for regular sizes and http://www.fibergypsy.com/cgi-bin/jump.cgi?ID=72 for plus sizes.

Bear in mind that you will have to select the largest size that fits - for example, with my corseted wasp waist, even if my waist indicates a size 4 (or less!), my hips and bust dictate a larger size. So figure that for a man, with a more rectangular shape than a woman, it is likely that chest and waist size (and probably shoulders) will influence the size you want more than hips.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
nitro
Retired Moderator

Post by nitro »

Also remember there is no standard size for women's clothes (at least in the US). The sizes vary drastically from one manufacturer to another.

The material will have a great affect on the size that will fit. If the cloth has some stretch you can probably use a couple sizes smaller. I have found eBay helpful as most sellers include the actual garment measurements in the listing and the type of material. The seller will also be able to answer a few questions. The down side is many do not make exchanges.
BondageGames

Post by BondageGames »

nitro wrote:Also remember there is no standard size for women's clothes (at least in the US). The sizes vary drastically from one manufacturer to another.
This is completely right. I can't being myself to try on women's jeans, so my solution is not to buy them. What a shame, I'm stuck wearing mini skirts ;)

Shirts are at least flexible though. If you get a normal cotton shirt or something like that, maybe get a size smaller than you think you'll fit comfortably into, and that should fit just right hopefully.