2 questions for one of my scenarios:

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
Cilver

2 questions for one of my scenarios:

Post by Cilver »

1: what is a good (ropelike) material that gets weak enough to escape from when It gets wet?
2: what is the safest and most regular breathing apparatus for being underwater?
kate

Re: 2 questions for one of my scenarios:

Post by kate »

For the first question there is another post on here for candy release, that'll get weak when wet, but not sure if its a gradual thing you need, or an instant one. Also the type of water would make a difference, false nail glue giving up under nail varnish remover for example.

Breathing systems underwater would make me nervous about giving advice, as I wouldn't say anything is safe for self bondage, its why scuba peeps only dive with buddies, etc. If you're really deep then you'll need an oxygen tank, snorkels wouldn't really work as I imagine you're going to want to move around.
Cilver

Post by Cilver »

I was talking more of bathtub style, hogtied up with the water slowly filling and getting released when it reaches the rope.
heeled

Post by heeled »

I would get a pair of handcuffs if i where you.
Would make it easier to do bondage like that.
Than you can lock yourself in the thub, and let i fill with water.
With the key on a little pingpong ball or ballon or something, that will float.
Than as the water level, reaches your hands, then you can unlock yourself.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Bad, bad idea... unless you have someone monitoring you and able to get your ass out of trouble if something goes wrong.

I'd say that the probability of becoming a statistic and another one of those auto-erotic death headlines is not insignificant. :roll:

Not worth the risk.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
heeled

Post by heeled »

bound_jenny wrote:Bad, bad idea... unless you have someone monitoring you and able to get your ass out of trouble if something goes wrong.

I'd say that the probability of becoming a statistic and another one of those auto-erotic death headlines is not insignificant. :roll:

Not worth the risk.

Jenny.
Havent thought of that.. Sorry :oops: :(
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

I think it's kind of obvious:
Cilver wrote:2: what is the safest and most regular breathing apparatus for being underwater?
Cilver wrote:I was talking more of bathtub style, hogtied up with the water slowly filling and getting released when it reaches the rope.
People drown in boating accidents all the time because they don't take a basic precaution of wearing a life jacket - and they never intended to go underwater when they began their boat trip.

Cliver plans to go underwater, head included, on purpose, in a hogtie. A hogtie is pretty good at immobilizing someone, and in the small confines of a bathtub, rolling over isn't going to be easy, if at all conceivable, and in an emergency-driven panic, that might be even more complicated. As kate says, scuba divers always go with a diving partner. If one has a problem, the other can get him/her to safety.

Even having a way to pull the drain plug wouldn't be enough - it takes longer to drain even half a tub full of water than it takes for someone to drown.

Now that way that I would do it would be to leave the drain open, get all nice and dressed and made up (makeup very important here), bound and gagged in the tub, and let the shower spray me with water until I get released. Not only will I get thoroughly soaked, my clothes clinging to me closely, but my makeup will run and I will look really messed up, along with that matted-down, wet hair. A great picture. :D

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
lj

Post by lj »

sorry to add yet another warning, but be aware that anything involving immersion in water brings a significant risk of hypothermia. I have had to treat a lady suffering from hypothermia in the UK in the Autumn, simply because she was wearing inadequate clothing during torrential rain. No, I didn't think it was possible either!

Lying in a bath, immoblised, is a great way to achieve the same result. It is insidious, brings about mental changes that may make the realisation of the problem impossible, and has a single and unfortunate consequence if left untreated.

Best done with supervision, if at all.

PS apologies for the 'elf n safety' but it is all about having some fun, not dying for it!
be a switch, double the fun :-)