OT: Those singing greeting cards (DIY).

Anything that does not fit any of the other categories.
BondageGames

OT: Those singing greeting cards (DIY).

Post by BondageGames »

Ok, I apologize for this off-topic post but I can try to relate it to the forums by saying that this plan is for a friend I recently told about my crossdressing and she was really accepting of it. Meh, I tired... Haha. And I'm doing this as a gift in general, not simply because she was so good about hearing my secret.

Anyways, I know that a few of you around here are good with simple electronics, and I'm looking for a bit of help if possible.

You know those greeting cards that sing when you open them? Such as a birthday card, that when you open it the music for "Happy Birthday" plays. I want to make a device similar to that, with a custom song instead of buying a card like that.

What my general intent is, is that I'm going to put her gift and that singing device (whatever it may end up being) in, say, a bag of hers so that when she opens it up she sees the present, and the device starts playing the song I program it to play. Does that make sense to anyone? lol.

My problem is that it has to play automatically when she opens up her bag to see the present and I have no idea how to make that happen. Any ideas on this one?

Again, sorry for being way off topic, but I know some of you know what your doing in this field, and I figured I would stick to people I "know" for help if possible.
onestrangeguy

Re: OT: Those singing greeting cards (DIY).

Post by onestrangeguy »

They used to, and I assume they still have them, sell greeting cards just like that. You could record your own message on them and then send them to someone. If I remember they were originaly intended for things like small kids to send a message to their grandparents, but of course they had other uses too. Check your local halmark store. :hi:
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
nitro
Retired Moderator

Post by nitro »

How can this be off topic in "everything else"? :D

Anyway, any of the talking cards that let you record a custom message should work. They usually have a small plastic tab that slides between two contacts. You could disassemble the card, tape the card to one side of the bag and the plastic tab on the other side. If you need something longer you could use any small non-conductive strip. A flattened straw usually works well.

The trick would be in closing the bag and inserting the tab between the contacts.

Have a spare strip so you can disable the card with the bag open, unless you really like the song. The batteries can last a fairly long time, and the card usually just keeps replaying the recording. :wink:

Have fun!
BondageGames

Post by BondageGames »

nitro wrote:How can this be off topic in "everything else"? :D
I feel like this should still be somewhat related to the overall view of the forum >.>
nitro wrote:Anyway, any of the talking cards that let you record a custom message should work. They usually have a small plastic tab that slides between two contacts. You could disassemble the card, tape the card to one side of the bag and the plastic tab on the other side. If you need something longer you could use any small non-conductive strip. A flattened straw usually works well.

The trick would be in closing the bag and inserting the tab between the contacts.

Have a spare strip so you can disable the card with the bag open, unless you really like the song. The batteries can last a fairly long time, and the card usually just keeps replaying the recording. :wink:

Have fun!
Interesting. Would there be any way that you can think of for it to be set up so that when the item is lifted off of the singing mechanism, that would cause it to sing?

Edit: Something just hit me. Could I just buy a cheap mp3 player, like 16 or 32MB, and make a recording, and then just fasten it straight TO the puppet (<== The gift... inside thing)? Do they still make mp3 players that small, lmao? And I realize that wouldn't have the same effect as auto-playing the song, but it would get the job done in a worst case scenario I would think.
lj

Post by lj »

"everything else" would seem to cover everything else :lol: so this is as good a place as any

if you are feeling concerned, why don't you get two of the cards (incidentally this is by far the simplest and cheapest way of doing what you want) and have the second one tell her what you are going to do with her once she is tightly tied :twisted:
be a switch, double the fun :-)
BondageGames

Post by BondageGames »

lj wrote:"everything else" would seem to cover everything else :lol: so this is as good a place as any

if you are feeling concerned, why don't you get two of the cards (incidentally this is by far the simplest and cheapest way of doing what you want) and have the second one tell her what you are going to do with her once she is tightly tied :twisted:
Lol! As much as I appreciate that, I don't think she would... Haha, great thought though ;)
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

well, this is as easy as "1,2,3".

1st: you need one of these:

record your message on it.

2nd: place it in the bag on top of the gift.

3rd: write a 400 page manual explaining to her how to operate it & connect it to her amplifier.

4th: threaten her to tie her up with the band of the recorder if she opens the gift before the plays the recording.

this will keep both of you busy for a couple of hours each, i guess.
:mrgreen: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
[
BondageGames

Post by BondageGames »

ponylady wrote: 4th: threaten her to tie her up with the band of the recorder if she opens the gift before the plays the recording.
Does this step have to be recorded? I feel that she may not get the message and, just think I'm weirder than she already does, if so. :P
nitro
Retired Moderator

Post by nitro »

The MP3 player might work. Might even be able to rig the power switch, You need one with a speaker or separate speakers. Might drive the price up a bit. Big Lots or Job Lot sometimes has a few small mp3 players but usually with ear buds.
BondageGames

Post by BondageGames »

nitro wrote:The MP3 player might work. Might even be able to rig the power switch, You need one with a speaker or separate speakers. Might drive the price up a bit. Big Lots or Job Lot sometimes has a few small mp3 players but usually with ear buds.
What about those little mini microphones from that infomercial? "BUTTER, MILK EGGGGGGGGZZZ!" You know, that one? Haha That could work, even if it does seem a bit douchey >.<
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Hire a "singing telegram" service to deliver the message. Watching the "singer" attempt to perform the requested piece whilst trying to keep his or her composure would be at least half the fun of what will happen later. :mrgreen:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!