I think it's break time

Crossdressing as a part of or type of selfbondage.
BondageGames

I think it's break time

Post by BondageGames »

I'm thinking pretty hard about taking a break from Crossdressing. It sounds weird, I know. I'm starting to see it as a hobby and nothing more. I just think it's turning into more of a burden than anything. Ever since I did my walks... I can't say I get the same feeling from it anymore unless I'm out in public. It's almost like I've "smelled blood in the water" ya know, and don't get any rush unless I'm pushing the limits of humiliation. I just don't have the time for it all right now; public outings and all that.

I still enjoy it a lot, I really do. But without either being bound or being in public, I can't see it being worth the time. I'm at a point in my life that all I can think about while I'm dressing up (or any other time I'm not making some kind of progress on something) is that it's an inefficient use of my time and that I have much more important things to be doing. This is also part of the reason that I have to tell you all that I am not going to get to go out for Halloween as a French Maid as I had originally planned. There's always next year though!

This also means I'll be putting self-bondage as a whole on hold for a bit. I don't feel right if I'm not dressed up while bound. and it's just.... completely different. Not the same experience at all.

I'm sure I'll still float around here because like I said I still enjoy the dressing, and bondage too, and I have a great passion for it. But I need some time to let the fire build up again and let it be an adventure instead of a hobby.

<3 you all! :D

Edit: This actually may have inspired me to do one final walk before I call it quits (for now). Maybe I'll plan a farewell walk for next week. :?
cdinbonds

Re: I think it's break time

Post by cdinbonds »

Actually, this is probably a natural reaction. If you do something enough, it becomes the norm, and there is no longer anything exciting about it. Dressing up every day becomes a part of the daily routine. If you take a break for a month or more, when you get the urge to dress up again, just the act of dressing will give you the old rush that you are missing now.
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
onestrangeguy

Post by onestrangeguy »

Many people go through a process called 'Purging' where they even go so far as rid themselves of the paraphernalia (Clothing) that they have acquired. Often the desire to resume their 'Hobey' appears again after a while, and a they start a new collection of props. I myself have gone through this phase at least several times.

In other cases, as I now do, peoples desire to participate in such activities often run hot and cold. There will be times when I dress several times a week, and then there are times that I go months without even thinking about it. :hi:
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Whatever the reason, BG, don't be a stranger. You've been a good and regular contributor to this board and we would all like to see you coming round here again. Don't hesitate to drop by and say hello and share your ideas with the rest of us pervs. :mrgreen:

Myself, I occasionally stop my periodic self-bondage sessions for up to a month. Then the urge comes back with a vengeance. :shock:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
RADER

Post by RADER »

bound_jenny wrote:Myself, I occasionally stop my periodic self-bondage sessions for up to a month. Then the urge comes back with a vengeance. :shock:

Jenny.
Jenny; :idea:
If you need help, Just call on me. :hi: Rader :lol:
Kronopticon

Post by Kronopticon »

i must admit, i think i've been doing the same thing. since i went to a fairly immense bdsm party recently, i've done practically nothing, i've just been too busy. and i havent had the money, i havent had a proper SB session in AGES either. :( its just too much hassle. but i still love to think about it. :) and comment on lovely forums with lovely people
http://fetlife.com/users/209924 <- My Fetlife Page
"If you're enjoying it, that means you're doing it right."
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

Seriously, this isn't a job, or a required class in school. It's a fun way to pass some time, get aroused, relax, whatever you get from it. It is not necessary to do it if you're not in the mood, don't have time, whatever. Do it when it feels right.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
5t3v3

Post by 5t3v3 »

It's all normal. I'll go sometimes for six months without any desire to dress or tie myself. It just depends on your mood and if you're occupied with other things. Whatever you do, do not make the mistake of throwing any of your equipment out (purging)... I've made this mistake a few times in the past and I miss some of the stuff I've gotten rid of.

Take a break and we'll see ya back when the mood strikes :)
BondageGames

Post by BondageGames »

Like I said, I'll still be floating around here an almost normal amount. I just need a break from the activities themselves. And I definitely have no plans of "purging" whatsoever. I'll probably box it all up for a while and dust it off in a month or two. I'm not done for good, and I'm not going to lie to myself and say that I am.

And to (I think) cdinbonds, I know it's not a job or anything like that; you seem almost offended. It's just that it's still a huge part of who I am, but I feel like that part of me isn't what needs to be at the forefront right now. I feel like there are more pressing matters right now, and maybe I need to expel the pressure of letting it all out through dressing and self bondage and instead just buckle down, deal with it, and move along. It's just starting to feel like it's slowing me down and taking time away from things that I don't have time to give up.
marylandsissy

Post by marylandsissy »

Do Not Purge. You will kick yourself down the road.

I purged 1 time. I regretted it. Soon after I fell in with the local scene where I live. After that I accepted who I was. I dress up all the time, hardly at all really. I don't do much self bondage any more since I do not get much out of it.

Having come out to my wife, I am accepted by her. I have not dressed yet with her present because we have a shortage of time right now.

My advice, take a break. Let your other personality hibernate for a bit. But please, don't be a stranger. :D
BondageGames

Post by BondageGames »

marylandsissy wrote:Do Not Purge. You will kick yourself down the road.

I purged 1 time. I regretted it. Soon after I fell in with the local scene where I live. After that I accepted who I was. I dress up all the time, hardly at all really. I don't do much self bondage any more since I do not get much out of it.

Having come out to my wife, I am accepted by her. I have not dressed yet with her present because we have a shortage of time right now.

My advice, take a break. Let your other personality hibernate for a bit. But please, don't be a stranger. :D
This is exactly what I want to get across. I won't be a stranger, and I have no intention of purging whatsoever. Everything is going into a box and into a pile in my closet. It will still be close at hand for when I want to break it out in a week or a month or 6 months or w/e it may be.

I am not quitting for good. This is a part of me, and just needs to be the much lesser part instead about a semi-major part for a while.
lj

Post by lj »

Interesting :)

As some may have gathered, I started out, after several years of CD and SB, on what I refer to as "real-life" BDSM when I joined the UK "scene" around London and East Anglia about 18 months ago, going to Munches and play-parties. Then just over 3 months ago my wife discovered my BDSM interests, and to my joy has joined me as a keen player, so we now play at home and at parties etc.

Until the time my wife joined me in kink, I cross-dressed for play-parties with my play-partner of just under a year. It was simply part of my kink life, a sort of "switch" that put me in my kink role as (coincidentally :lol: ) a "switch" Dom but had almost no turn-on value any more. Which is just as well as my wife doesn't want me to cross-dress, so I have stopped doing so. She has no problem with others doing so, just wants "her man" to always look like one. The other play has fully replaced that aspect of my kink interests. Occasionally I'd like to CD, perhaps I will when she is away for a few days, perhaps not. Self-bondage now no longer interests me either, when I have a lady who will do an excellent job AND do naughty things with me once I am helpless :D (I get to do them with her as well, she being a natural switch)

So for me, it has been a natural progression (sorry if that phrase offends anybody) in the expression of my kink. I am very conscious that what moved me in the direction of SB and CD was a sexual drive that was unfulfilled by personal circumstances and pressures, developing from a deep-seated kink that could find no other expression. I am therefore very keen to encourage people who may want to (again sorry if I offend) progress from SB into "real-life" BDSM interaction with others. The initial leap can seem enormous, but in reality is trivial once you make it. Which is why I bang on about Munches (I run one !) as a gentle way to get into interaction with other kinksters.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
sophiestacey

Post by sophiestacey »

I too go through periods where I don't feel the need to dress, though surely enough a few months later I'm there doing the housework in my cute girly clothes :-)

the "purging' stage is really horrible I did it before and regretted throwing away a lot of really nice things. I think as u get older u start to accept it more and will be more careful and not throw away those clothes

its interesting how me and bonagegames are both going through similar feelings since our walks. the thought of going on another walk isn't that exciting to me, maybe its because I need to accept in my mind that its a little boring thing to do at 2am and too dangerous at that hr, with many guys driving round in there cars just to pick girls up off the street (as I found out).

however the thought that's really been getting me goin over the past few days is going to some kind of comic-con event dressed as some sexy girl character with a cute costume! i would only go with some other girl/tgirl as support. I mean you could just say it was a dare, if anyone asks. anyhow at those events being dressed as anything is acceptable, and in fact makes u fit in more. obviously its a very big step to take though, but I think it proves the point of this whole thread....

if you've gone out dressed, taken that big step, dressing up indoors is no longer as exciting, unless the desire is REALLY strong. if u "up the ante' you feel like its more of an achievement and worthwhile, not to mention the huge rush. it'll bring that spark back.

:)
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

1st: nice to see you'll still be around, BG.
allways enjoyed your input.

and i think this is about the 3rd or 4th post today about fantasies, and what they mean to ones particular "kink".

you recently had a few "memorable" trips, those got you up, and left you hanging "high & dry", so to speak.
*what do i do now, do i take the next step in my fantasies ?*

it's allright to think about that, and it's a normal reaction to be "exhausted" afterwards.
don't worry, if it is really part of your personality, the "urge" will return.

P.s.: i think you mentioned a couple of friends who know about your hobby. it might be a good idea to talk about
how you are feeling now, and why. they might understand you better, and even get ideas, or better: be desperate
to take advantage of you. :wink: :wink: :wink:
[