Tightener Trick

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
nitro
Retired Moderator

Re: Tightener Trick

Post by nitro »

Pinkbottom wrote:I have no interest in injuring myself but If there was a safe way to do suspension I would be interested.
I have not run any numbers but you could use a little mechanical advantage. If you get a pair of pulleys with 2 or more wheels each, you can use the ratchet on the final pull rope. The ratchet would not see much of the impulse and would only carry 1/4 of the lifted weight (or less with more wheels). The downside is the rope on the rope ratchet would need to be 4 times as long as the lift height. The lifting is easy, the hard part is getting down. If you just cut the rope you will have a hard landing...

For alternates, A chain hoist is one of the safest. Harbor freight has some not too expansive models ($50 USD). Make sure you have a backup support. (you would not want to get hit in the head with the 36 lb hoist if it fell. Not to mention a bruised tush.)
00996s.gif
00996s.gif (11.55 KiB) Viewed 1409 times
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/d ... number=996

And the old worm gear winch, Many many rotations for a lift. Side handle and no need for a release latch to get stuck. about $30 USD.
05798s.gif
05798s.gif (4.26 KiB) Viewed 1409 times
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/d ... umber=5798

I would avoid an electric winch as the switches are too unreliable for SB, If the switch gets stuck you could find yourself stuck or a bit over stretched.
Pinkbottom

Post by Pinkbottom »

nitro wrote:
Pinkbottom wrote:I have no interest in injuring myself but If there was a safe way to do suspension I would be interested.
I have not run any numbers but you could use a little mechanical advantage. If you get a pair of pulleys with 2 or more wheels each, you can use the ratchet on the final pull rope. The ratchet would not see much of the impulse and would only carry 1/4 of the lifted weight (or less with more wheels). The downside is the rope on the rope ratchet would need to be 4 times as long as the lift height. The lifting is easy, the hard part is getting down. If you just cut the rope you will have a hard landing..
Now that's something you could host someone with! definately the kind of equipment I'll be looking at if I decide to take that plunge.

In the mean time, I finally made it out shopping today and found the elusive Rope Ratchet at my local WalMart - just $10.
Rope Ratchet.jpg
I hope to begin full scale research tonight :D

Pink
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Industrial strength hoists are always better for suspending heavy weights than stuff bought at Walmart or a regular hardware store.

Solo suspension is very touchy. Just one little thing has to go a little bit wrong and you could be screwed. It's always best to have someone nearby to assist in case something gets stuck at the wrong time (when it does, it's usually at that exact moment when it causes the most trouble). And something soft underneath, like a mattress or two, to cushion the landing in case something lets go (always a good idea, solo or not). Another good idea is to limit the height - two feet is as good as ten if you can't touch the floor. Two feet is by far preferable to ten if you touch the floor in an untimely fashion.

Jenny.
bobbi

Post by bobbi »

while maybe not the most creative use of these rachets, this was the first way i tried. it makes setting up and getting in so fast with those things though.

i stuck enough ice in the release and i did it at night, so that i would just sleep here.

http://the.tiesthatbind.me/wp-content/u ... ethook.png
Pinkbottom

Post by Pinkbottom »

solostill wrote:while maybe not the most creative use of these rachets, this was the first way i tried. it makes setting up and getting in so fast with those things though.

i stuck enough ice in the release and i did it at night, so that i would just sleep here.
Looks like a good setup to me!

I finally got around to testing mine out last night. I used the original position from this thread except I replaced the static ankle ropes with Rope Ratchets. I loved it at first but unfortunately they worked too well. I was able to pull them so tight that one of my ice locks shattered after about 10 minutes. I wound up with one free leg that I couldn't do anything about. I was still bound but I hate having any free limbs even if I can't use them to escape. It was very frustrating and by the time the other locks melted I was too tired to continue.

I guess I'm going to need to make some more substantial ice locks next time.

Pink
cheap_sb

Post by cheap_sb »

I found this tightener at Wal-mart for $4usd next to the clothlines in hardware if anyone has any problems finding it.

And the "thrashing about" issue presented in this thread is called shark force if I remember correctly.
During their shark week episode, the Mythbusters proved that shark force can be more than 2-3 times of your body weight so that is something to consider.