Gas mask smell bag?

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
bondage91

Gas mask smell bag?

Post by bondage91 »

Has anyone ever made a DIY smell bag? They look like they are pretty simple designs and look easy to make from a bottle or something. All I should need is a straw, bottle, some kind of smelly liquid and a way of attaching the bottle to the tube.

Here's my basic idea... Obviously a bigger straw would be a good idea but in theory it would work right?
onestrangeguy

Re: Gas mask smell bag?

Post by onestrangeguy »

You have the right idea, although your picture may be slightly off. The one I built might actually be a little more like a device which I later learned is called a 'Bubbler' but it served the same function. I fastened two pieces of pipe through the screw-on lid of a jar. One tube extended down near the bottom of the jar. The other just went through the lid. The gas mask inlet tube was attached to the shorter tube. When the jar was filled 1/2 to 3/4 full of liquid air would be drawn in through the longer tube, bubble through the liquid and then enter the gas mask. This gives a very strange sensation to the wearer of the mask as well, since the air stream is 'Pulsed' by the bubbles. If you don't like that effect, use the same jar loosely stuffed with something like cotton that has been moistened with your aromatic liquid.
I would caution you to select your liquids somewhat carefully, you don't want to use anything that might be toxic or otherwise harmful.
bondage91

Post by bondage91 »

onestrangeguy wrote:You have the right idea, although your picture may be slightly off. The one I built might actually be a little more like a device which I later learned is called a 'Bubbler' but it served the same function. I fastened two pieces of pipe through the screw-on lid of a jar. One tube extended down near the bottom of the jar. The other just went through the lid. The gas mask inlet tube was attached to the shorter tube. When the jar was filled 1/2 to 3/4 full of liquid air would be drawn in through the longer tube, bubble through the liquid and then enter the gas mask. This gives a very strange sensation to the wearer of the mask as well, since the air stream is 'Pulsed' by the bubbles. If you don't like that effect, use the same jar loosely stuffed with something like cotton that has been moistened with your aromatic liquid.
I would caution you to select your liquids somewhat carefully, you don't want to use anything that might be toxic or otherwise harmful.
Right ok, I read yours a few times and this is what I think yours must look like.

It's pretty similar to my design, so basically mine would work if I had a larger tube for the air intake and the air intake tube needs to be longer so that it reaches the bottom of the bottle, jar or whatever I end up using. My idea for a quick 'prototype' was going to be using a Coke bottle, punch a hole in the side near the top and push a straw through. Then just duck tape the gas mask tube to the top of the bottle neck.

The sensation you describe could just add to the effect really ;) never know until you try it.
the_toymaker991

Post by the_toymaker991 »

You've just described and drawn a "Bong".

It's like a Hookah, but used to smoke Marijuana.
You should google for good bong designs, it might help you in your quest.
bondage91

Post by bondage91 »

the_toymaker991 wrote:You've just described and drawn a "Bong".

It's like a Hookah, but used to smoke Marijuana.
You should google for good bong designs, it might help you in your quest.
Marijuana isn't a liquid though, although do bongs and smell/bubblers work in the same way?
onestrangeguy

Post by onestrangeguy »

You got mine exactly.
Yes, it works like a bong. but it's construction with tubes big enough to draw all your air through is far more robust than a bong would be. I built mine many years ago, and I think I used 1/2" copper pipe, soldering it to the metal jar lid which was easily available at the time.
I guess I'm showin my age.
lifer

Post by lifer »

You ever smelled bong water? Yuk!

:P
bondage91

Post by bondage91 »

lifer wrote:You ever smelled bong water? Yuk!

:P
Can't say I ever have!

I think I will chuck together a little prototype tomorrow :D
onestrangeguy

Post by onestrangeguy »

Not all stuff that looks like drug paraphernalia was designed or used for those purposed. In fact, most drug stuff was adapted from stuff designed for other purposes.

Quite some years ago McDonald's designed and used these really cute coffee stirring spoons. It turned out that they made terrific coke spoons. Eventually McDonald's destroyed their product my flattening the spoon end into what they use today. Damn druggies seem to destroy a lot of good stuff for us straight people! :hi:
bondage91

Post by bondage91 »

Just tried the first idea I drew up in the first post... It works well apart from attaching the gas mask hose to the bottle is an issue and just enough air leaks through it to ruin the effect.
onestrangeguy

Post by onestrangeguy »

I know when I built mine many years ago I was using an old air force oxygen mask that covered mouth and nose. I chose my metal pipe fittings so that they would mate well with the tubes from the mask. In fact, the reason i built the thing was that the intake valve on the mask needed just a slight back pressure to close properly. The water in the jar provided just that and it worked great.
Experimentation and ingenuity are the mothers of invention.
Your device with the soda bottle might work well as a 'Bubbler' too, just extend the straw into the water.
Handcuffs

Post by Handcuffs »

5 Drops of almond extract and 2 drops of mint extract on cotton inside a 2"(or what ever your preference) pvc pipe tube. Then use two screws (must be screws or the plastic will crack) then screw them in on both sides an inch up the pipe and tie some rope around it then insert in mouth and tie off around the back of the head. Make sure to use those nose plugs swimmers use.

Make sure you dont make the pipe longer then 1.5 feet long.
(lost my old account again :roll:)