ONE THOUSAND POSTS

News and announcements will be posted here.
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

Michelle wrote:Congratulations Curious_sb :D

These forums work and stay alive thanks to the contribution of people like you
:wink:
Thanks for this comment, that was really nice reading that.
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
LoRee
Retired Moderator

Post by LoRee »

Far be it for me to piss on your parade mate, but like it 's any surprise to anyone that YOU would be the first to a thousand?
If you recall back in May 23, 2007 you went off line and didn't came back til Sep 19. You had 711 posts then and no one else has surpassed that mark yet.
When xatm092 took a similar length hiatus, both Anna & I shot past him and misQui is less than 100 post behind him.
However, You've got some competition with bound_jenny. She has only been posting since 09 Dec 2007 and is already up to 345. If she can keep up at that rate she will surpass Anna & I before the end of spring, and possibly brake 1000 by then as well. Which is all fine and well.
However, of our 949 members 822 have made fewer than 10 posts, and 454 0f them haven't posted anything. That's roughly 47.8% non participation.
I'll be impressed when over 50% of our members have 10 or more posts and every member has posted at least once.

I am now addressing the 47.8% of you who haven't posted, POST SOMETHING! It doesn't have to be profoundly insightful or thought provoking, or even well written. If nothing else post an introduction. If you like, you could contact me or any of the Admins, moderators, or even another member to help you with your post. I assumed you joined boundanna forum so you could participate, cause you could have continued to lurk without signing up. Right? So come on! What are you waiting for? an engraved invitation? OK, here it is;

Dear members,

Specifically the 47.8% of you who have yet to post. Please help boundanna forum to achieve full membership participation by years end. This is a challenge as well as an invitation. Answer a poll, post an introduction, just say "Hi". JUST PLEASE POST! BE A PARTICIPANT and help boundanna forum achieve it's goal of full membership participation before the end of the year.
Sincerely,

LoRee; Forum Moderator
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Re: ONE THOUSAND POSTS

Post by curious_sb »

What made me smile is having had two years away from the forums to come back and still be in the number two slot is an acheivement LOL :lol:
kosvince

Post by kosvince »

why would that be a bad thing. 1000 only means you got something to say :))
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

kosvince wrote:why would that be a bad thing. 1000 only means you got something to say :))
Your answer to Curious is a little late. That post was written on 2009. :mrgreen: (But your answer is also very true. :wink: )

Curious_SB was a very important member back when this forum was founded and he helped create this community with his excellent moderation and sense of order. There are still lots of traces of his pioneering work as the first forum moderator.

Hi Curious if you are out there! :hi:
A glass of water longing for the ocean.