Inaccessible key

Post your scenarios here. You can also request a scenario here.
jamescb3k

Inaccessible key

Post by jamescb3k »

Evening all,

I'm looking for a way to make a key inaccessible for a random amount of time. My wife's working and I want to be able to lock on my cb and buttplug and not know if I can get it off before I have to go and pick her up. I have no access to a safe or similar and there's nowhere in my flat out of reach.

Any suggestions will be greatfully received.
DoubleM

Re: Inaccessible key

Post by DoubleM »

Well, that sounds like you could use Dirk's Multilock
http://dirk07.di.funpic.de/download/mul ... taller.exe

All you need is a computer and a 4-digit lock (3 digit-locks work too but you'll end up trying every combination before the time runs out)

Just start the program and follow the instructions ... the program will tell you how to change every digit.
You have to do this without looking at the lock.
When you're finished you can set the time when the program will tell you the combination.
Also random intervalls are possible.

So just lock your key to any fixpoint (where you won't be able to reach the chastity-belts lock) using your 4-digit lock.

The only hard thing is to not look at the 4-digit lock till you locked it in place.
But make sure you don't make any failures when adjusting the digits. Else the combination you get from the program will be useless.

Maybe there are other solutions for your problem using ice or something similar but i guess this is the easiest way.
But remember it's not fail-safe!!
It all depends on your skill to change the numbers without looking at them.
But at least the worst-case-scenario is to check every combination :)
nitro
Retired Moderator

Post by nitro »

DoubleM wrote: But at least the worst-case-scenario is to check every combination :)
As you might guess this could take quite a while.
Some of the spin digit locks require you to depress the shackle when you try each number (Sesamee Brand Locks). This can also add a degree of fatigue. Estimate about 1 sec, at best, per number (maybe more as time goes on) you could be looking at 9999 sec (probabilities dictate less but remember Murphy's Law) you could be looking at 3 hours (non-stop) (and don't skip any numbers trying). If your restraints or the conditions are less than optimal you can add to that.

A quick try of a few digits either side of the Multilock number might be advised. If you missed one or two adjustments you should only be off a small amount from the target combination.
stephanie_cd

Post by stephanie_cd »

jamescb3k wrote: I'm looking for a way to make a key inaccessible for a random amount of time.
After finding out that there are (at least) two computer programs for encrypting a photo, I ran out and purchased a two-pack of small brass combination locks with 4 dials. Turns out Ace Hardware sells the twin-pack for 12.99 or so -- the lock body is about the same size as a luggage padlock, only taller -- about 1 1/4" x 3/4", and the shackle makes it about 2" tall overall. Still, they fit locking cuffs and such QUITE nicely! :D

After playing with and getting familiar with the "setting my own combination," I can do it without looking at the locks, and then I can use my webcam to take a picture of the locks. (Before I reset the combination, I make sure the desk light is in the right position, and put a piece of tape on the desk to mark the "best focus" spot.)

Then, using either Datum, available at: http://webware-nach-mass.com/controlgam ... /datum.php

or Timelock, available at: http://timelock.rules.it/

I can encrypt the picture for a set amount of time, a totally random amount of time up to xx hours, OR a combination thereof. (I had a blast the other weekend with "six hours, plus an additional 0-18 hours!") We can also choose to see how much time has been selected, or we can choose to be totally in the dark and surprised when the time is up. (Timelock has a feature that I haven't been able to get to work with the FREEWARE version, wherein we can choose to be surprised AND have a timer that might or might NOT be telling the truth. "12 hours? Geeez. Okay, fine." We can come back in 11 hours and 45 minutes, watche the timer tick down to zero, and then perhaps RESET itself to another time which (again) may or may not be correct! As mentioned, though, I haven't been able to get this feature to work right.)

With Datum, we can also set up multiple decryption times for the same photo -- for instance, 3, 6, and 12 hours, or I set up 4 random 6+ 0-18 times.

Obviously, if you decide to try this, practice first and see how everything works first, and remember Murphy's Law -- it would be awful to have a power outage or a power surge or a hard drive failure. Sure, it's "only" 10,000 combinations, or up to 166 minutes of non-stop dial turning fun at one combination per second, but still. I have a kinky friend that I e-mailed a copy of the picture to in case of some sort of emergency -- then again, if I had a TRULY kinky friend that I could trust to give me the combination at some predetermined time , I wouldn't need those programs, would I? :D

Anyhow -- just another possible solution -- good luck and let us know how everything works out?

stephanie_cd