Corsets as a form of Discipline

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
SweetNicole

Corsets as a form of Discipline

Post by SweetNicole »

Hey everybody!
I was browsing the web one night and I came across this old site by a woman who advertised 'corset training' to improve a child's behavior. Of course my devious little mind took this idea to the next level. I know from wearing costumes in stage productions that old-style Victorian corsets can be very painful if laced too tight. I wear modern corsets as lingerie frequently, but they're nothing like their eighteenth-century predecessors. Seeing that almost anyone can find and buy old-style corsets that come with (or can be later equipped with) locks instead of laces, I think this would be a great way to discipline a sub/slave or just add a little fun to any bondage scenario. (and a nice feminine touch for all you CDs out there). What do you think?

Kisses,
Nicole

P.S. Keep in mind that regular extended wearing of a tightly laced Victorian corset WILL eventually reshape your waist and hips; that's what they're designed to do. This can cause some complications if done improperly.
huve

Post by huve »

Hello. Yes I am blissfully aware of the use of corestry in discipline and CD. It is a great way to pull in the waist and can be painful and constricting if done correctly. I have also seen the wasit training sites where a woman has managed to produce a 14 inch waist.

I have found a great fun game is to wear an oldish corset (or a PVC one), tied up tight, then an enema is pumped into the sub. As more fluid is introduced the more dificult it is to retain (naturally) however the extra pressure applied by the corset makes it EXTRA difficult to retain. I is then a simple case of the dom. punishing the sub. for not retaining it.

If this were extended into self bondage it is plausible that the escaping water could be captured in a bucket attached to clover clamps therefore pincing and pulling on nipples etc.

A corset is also great for forced CDing. A corset is applied as underwear and a dress over the top. With a belt tied and locked down onto the corset it is impossible to move the belt up and down and therefore the dress cannot be removed.

I hope this has given you some ideas.
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

hahaha you really have some wicked ideas Human_Slave.
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
misQui
Retired Moderator

Post by misQui »

I had a play partner a few years ago who started insisting I wear a corset whenever we went out for a couple of drinks or for a walk round town. I'd been wearing one occasionally and when CDing for a few years anyway and found that I loved wearing them for longer periods of time. One of the things I like most is that they almost force you to walk with a womanly wiggle.
Also, what reminded me of all this was the locked belt over dress idea. She did this to me on occasion if she was going out and leaving me in the house all day. Keeps things interesting.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

I just love the tight grip of a Victorian-style corset, i.e. the ones that were meant for real tightlacing. The fashionable corsets that are marketed nowadays are not really all that tight - they usually have four inches or less of constriction - but for someone who does not wear one on a daily basis, it can be quite tight.

Tightlacing, with corsets designed to modify the figure (shrink the waist and reshape the ribs, but the hips themselves do not change shape much, unless one starts before the body stops growing), is another matter. It requires a commitment, a self-imposed discipline of the mind and body. It cultivates patience and perseverance, two very good personality traits. Tightlacing is not for the instant-gratification crowd.

Any horror stories involving corsets are most likely just that, stories. No sane person would start by immediately lacing their charge into the tightest corset, to get the desired waist size on the spot (these people should be punished in the same manner). One starts relatively loosely, two to four inches, and slowly work down, day by day, week by week, month by month, until the first corset is laced fully closed every day (this is where patience and perseverance come in). Then one either alters the corset, shrinking it by another few inches, or if the design of the corset prohibits that, get another corset that much smaller, then repeat the process as with the first one. There might be some aches or pains in the first week or two after a new corset is put on (a turnoff for those who absolutely want to avoid pain at all costs), as the body adjusts, but otherwise, the entire process is quite comfortable.

The rate at which the waist shrinks and the other parts are reshaped varies from person to person. Everybody is different, and some people are more compressible than others. The internal organs shift easily, and as long as one doesn't go to excesses, this process is harmless. In fact, pregnant women experience much more organ displacement than the average tightlacer. And one has to stick to it, or all that work is for naught! In any case, once you are used to it, you won't want to stop.

Also, for tightlacing the corset has to exactly fit your body. Off-the-rack corsets will not do! That's why I make my own: less hassle, I see the results on the spot, and I am able to make alterations when I notice that something doesn't fit right. Though I have been tightlacing seriously since January 2006, I made my first corset in 1999. The accumulated years of experience have helped me achieve a design method that suits my body and my goals.

The changes to the body are not limited to shape, but as some have already noticed here, in posture and deportment (for both women and crossdressing men). With a tight corset on, the way one walks is subtly altered, because the tight grip of the corset makes the torso a more rigid part of the "mechanism". The hips are put to contribution in moving the leg forward, with the consequence that the body pivots slightly, then must slightly move downward to set the foot down.

One then seems to walk as if on a tightrope, with gently swinging and pivoting hips. With high heels, the pace is much more dainty, careful, deliberate, that characteristically sensual, feminine gait that can drive men to complete distraction. It is also of great help to crossdressers who seek to make a more convincing presentation.

Finally, a tight corset adds a special touch to bondage, either for pure aesthetics or just to add an extra measure of strictness to the scenario. It can considerably increase the difficulty of movement when tightly bound, as in a hogtie or frogtie. It can also heighten the state of arousal by making one much more aware of one's body than without it. I find that bondage already makes me very aware of my body, but since I have been wearing corsets, that awareness has increased to a wonderful peak. As I squirm and wriggle in my bonds, I feel the pressure of the corset on my skin, complemented by the tight coils of the ropes. The effect on the lower torso of such wriggling is a sort of massage, a kind of stimulating movement that stimulates the internal genital apparatus. In plain and coarser terms, it makes me awfully horny!

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

My big worry about corsets in bondage would be the risk of feinting / loss of consciousness you hear about Victorian women used to feint all the time and I beleive it was down to the corsets, I dont know Im not an expert maybe someone can back me up or correct me?
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

curious_sb wrote:My big worry about corsets in bondage would be the risk of feinting / loss of consciousness you hear about Victorian women used to feint all the time and I beleive it was down to the corsets, I dont know Im not an expert maybe someone can back me up or correct me?
Another one of those things that has been blown way out of proportion. I have never fainted in a corset, no matter how tight (and I like them tight). It all boils down to how much oxygen is reaching the brain.

Since the brain, the lungs and the heart are all on the same side of that deliciously tight waist, there is no interference in the delivery of the oxygen to the little gray cells. Corsets do not interfere with breathing, but do change the way breathing is done. The diaphragm still does its job, but to compensate for the wonderfully limited space below, the chest tends to heave up and down with each breath (something you guys probably love to look at when cleavage is involved :wink: ).

Fainting can be caused any number of ways without a corset in the picture. Those who like to faint intentionally with the breath-holding thing, for instance. Or standing up too fast.

However, a corset can make some activities more exhausting than normally, and a Victorian lady dancing with a prospective hubby could overexert herself, breathe hard for a while, and momentarily forget to breathe when something emotionally stressful comes up (like a proposal from the prospect?). So she faints and gracefully falls into her lover's arms, and a few moments later, her eyes flutter open, and she finds herself cradled in the arms of her intended (one way of saying yes, or making the guy feel like a hero for catching her in her moment of weakness). Some could even faint at will!

Up here in the Great White North, I sometimes have to go and dig out my car, which involves shoveling snow. The latest snowfall, a couple of days ago, was "heart attack snow", i.e. wet and heavy, and about two to three inches thick (5-7 cm). I did it in my tightly laced corset and I didn't even feel dizzy. I always shovel snow while tightlaced - it's terrific back support.

I'd say that this myth is busted!

Jenny.
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

Thanks, I think you cleared that one up for me.

PS Mythbusters rocks, I'm presuming that last line was a quote from the TV show?
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

curious_sb wrote:Thanks, I think you cleared that one up for me.

PS Mythbusters rocks, I'm presuming that last line was a quote from the TV show?
You betcha. I've always liked them. Watching them prove or bust myths with practical common sense (or rockets, high voltage and explosives) is great fun and I learn a lot. Like the intro says, they put the myths to the test. I do it with corsets!

Jenny.
marcobond69

Post by marcobond69 »

I think that corsets are feshion, fetish and fine! And they match with a tight armbinder :D
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

marcobond69 wrote:And they match with a tight armbinder :D
You're thinking along my lines! :D

Jenny.
GermanArellano

Re: Corsets as a form of Discipline

Post by GermanArellano »

Corsets are being used from past several years. Women wear them as fashionable accessory or to maintain the shape of their waist. They look very attracting on the waist. Today you can find them in different designs and styles. They are also known as waist cinchers. :) Corsets are designed to smooth your curves and hold them in the right place. :)
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Welcome to the forum, GermanArellano! :hi:

Starting off with corsets, eh? I'll be watching you... :wink: :lol:

Jenny.
GermanArellano

Post by GermanArellano »

Hello jenny :hi:
There is a huge variety of corsets available in the market. You must buy the one that fits to your needs and preferences. If you're tall then you will need to look out for the longer lined corsets, there are lots available out there. Lots of styles and colors out there to choose from. Some of the types are leather corsets, Acrylic corsets, steel boned corset and many more. You can buy durable and affordable corsets from https://www.waistcinchercentral.com/. :)

Have you tried a steel boned corset? If you're unsure, try an under bust corset. :)
Audrey_CD

Post by Audrey_CD »

Hi GermanArellano .

Welcome to the forum. :hi: I see you have already met Mistress Jenny, Queen of the Corset. :D