Almost called the fire department today

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
bdsmaddict

Almost called the fire department today

Post by bdsmaddict »

Felt I had to post this to get it off my chest. Still feel surreal that the lock actually opened.

I have been doing sb all my life for the past 30 odd years. I was discovered a few times but none, zero times that i felt i wasn't in control when it's time to get out of sb. I had backups of backups release. For those that I couldn't backup, I made sure that it is at an easy enough to reach/access when needed and never once I was stuck....until today.

I did my usual sb with cuffs, collar, chains. Ever since I started using metal, I've never went back to rope or belts. All was fine, i had my usual orgasms and when its time to get out, i was able to unlock everything except my collar. The key was gone.

A bit about this collar, its metal, about 1cm thick and 2cm tall, I've been using it for a couple of years. The way it locks, it uses an internal locking mechanism so there's no way to cut the lock if the key fails or gets lost. I did my due diligence to maintain the lock by oiling it regularly to ensure the key works, tested locking and unlock each time before sb, placing the key at an obvious position (hook on the wall) where virtually there is no way that it can get lost, and lost did it get today.

I've flipped my entire room inside out with no success and I was about to call the fire department in desperation until I've remembered that a few months ago, I have ordered the same collar to replace this (the one i've been using has some rusts around the welding area). In there was a key, and I thought to try it as a last resort, 100% sure it wouldn't fit. Thank goodness it did. Not only it fits, it unlocks! At that moment everything feels so unreal.

I think I'll stop doing sb for a while now :(
hogfan-sub

Re: Almost called the fire department today

Post by hogfan-sub »

Thank goodness you got out OK.
There's nothing like a near-emergency to cool the bondage drive for a while. I have had two occasions in a lifetime of selfbondage where I entered a full-blown panic attack because I got stuck. Thankfully, in both cases I did manage to get free unaided. Each time, though, I similarly decided to take a break from s/b. It didn't take too long for the "drive" to eventually kick in again, but in those times, I really reflected on my backup planning/methods. Of course, sometimes the hardware can let us down and there's not much one can do unaided about that. But, to quote HAL900 from 2001 A Space Odyssey: "....most of these things can be attributed to human error...."

Ours is indeed a frequently medium to high-risk passtime, and even after more than 50 years of happy self-binding, I can always make a mistake if I let my guard down for one moment. Glad you didn't need cutters to your collar. Have fun and be safe :D :hi:
"There is something comforting about being tied up" (Madonna).....Oh how I agree!!

"I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission." (HAL 9000)
bdsmaddict

Post by bdsmaddict »

hogfan-sub wrote: 18 Mar 2024, 15:26 Thank goodness you got out OK.
There's nothing like a near-emergency to cool the bondage drive for a while. I have had two occasions in a lifetime of selfbondage where I entered a full-blown panic attack because I got stuck. Thankfully, in both cases I did manage to get free unaided. Each time, though, I similarly decided to take a break from s/b. It didn't take too long for the "drive" to eventually kick in again, but in those times, I really reflected on my backup planning/methods. Of course, sometimes the hardware can let us down and there's not much one can do unaided about that. But, to quote HAL900 from 2001 A Space Odyssey: "....most of these things can be attributed to human error...."

Ours is indeed a frequently medium to high-risk passtime, and even after more than 50 years of happy self-binding, I can always make a mistake if I let my guard down for one moment. Glad you didn't need cutters to your collar. Have fun and be safe :D :hi:
Yea i reckon the "drive" will be back much sooner than later and i think as a backup now, i'm going to see if i can make a copy of the key. Or make another order for the same collar since they probably be mass produced from the same template.
Funny enough right before i turned to lock the collar on, I had a premonition or vision of misplacing the key. Material this thick i suppose i need a laser cutter or industrial cutter
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

Did you ever find the missing key?

So glad you figured out a release method that didn’t involve emergency services and collar destruction.
Resident timer maker. :hi:
Let’s make timers together!
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

Your key will be somewhere where you knew you;d be able to find it ... and you will, and you'll kick yourself when you do.

I've had a few scares in my time, which have resulted in vows to never, ever so something like that again.

Typically, these vows last about three weeks.
bdsmaddict

Post by bdsmaddict »

Nope I’ve not found the key yet. I reckon if I do it is going to be at an obvious place, not some hard to reach or under an obscure furniture or something.

There was a moment of subconscious taking over my conscious mind just right after locking on the collar. I remember locking on the collar but I don’t remember putting the keys at the usual spot (it’s a natural reflex that my subconscious being would do, one full action, lock the collar, hang the key). Wasn’t intoxicated or anything. Maybe a little drowsy as the night before I tried sleeping in sb, but without the collar.

The location of the key must have something to do with the split second premonition/visions of me misplacing the key.

Barely 24 hours after the ordeal and I’m itching to get back into sb. Damn, this wouldn’t have happen if I’m a full time slave owned by someone
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

bdsmaddict wrote: 19 Mar 2024, 08:27 ... Damn, this wouldn’t have happen if I’m a full time slave owned by someone
Nope, in that case your owner would have forgotten where they put the key. :facepalm:
Been there. The key was found, luckily. :roll:
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)
bdsmaddict

Post by bdsmaddict »

Blacky wrote: 19 Mar 2024, 12:51
Nope, in that case your owner would have forgotten where they put the key. :facepalm:
Been there. The key was found, luckily. :roll:
Heck never thought of this :facepalm:

I think my fail safe now would be recording myself putting the keys at a safe box or place. At least if I forget I can look it up
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

Oh don't worry, your effort to avoid that disaster again will just mean your attention is diverted from preventing a different, more serious potential disaster.

And you'll find they key. But not by looking for it. You'll find it while looking for something else ... (Which of course will be similarly elusive. Because you've put it where you know you'll be able to find it again.)
bdsmaddict

Post by bdsmaddict »

ruru67 wrote: 19 Mar 2024, 21:41 Oh don't worry, your effort to avoid that disaster again will just mean your attention is diverted from preventing a different, more serious potential disaster.

And you'll find they key. But not by looking for it. You'll find it while looking for something else ... (Which of course will be similarly elusive. Because you've put it where you know you'll be able to find it again.)
Keys has key rings maybe I should get apple air tags and put on every of them lol. I think that’s the best failsafe.

Yep, that’s what I think too. It’s gonna miraculously appear one day. Just hopefully not on the day where “I’m looking for keys to my other cuffs because I misplace those” kind of situations 🤣
JIMDINI

Post by JIMDINI »

bdsmaddict wrote: 18 Mar 2024, 15:57 Yea i reckon the "drive" will be back much sooner than later and i think as a backup now, i'm going to see if i can make a copy of the key. Or make another order for the same collar since they probably be mass produced from the same template.
Funny enough right before i turned to lock the collar on, I had a premonition or vision of misplacing the key. Material this thick i suppose i need a laser cutter or industrial cutter
Yes, isn't easy to be wise after the event, and that is one of the draw back to metal restraints, we are never going to cut ourselves free.

I have had the embarrassment of having to call EMS to get free, and have to say they were not judgemental with me. Although I am sure they will have had a laugh at my expense with their colleagues in the station.
Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities. If you can't free yourself, who will?
When your helpless, you have no choice but to wait.
bdsmaddict

Post by bdsmaddict »

JIMDINI wrote: 21 Mar 2024, 13:11
Yes, isn't easy to be wise after the event, and that is one of the draw back to metal restraints, we are never going to cut ourselves free.

I have had the embarrassment of having to call EMS to get free, and have to say they were not judgemental with me. Although I am sure they will have had a laugh at my expense with their colleagues in the station.
[/quote]

Indeed. Yet metal gives the truly helpless feeling. Soft flesh against unyielding metal, this feeling is too good to not take the risks. I can almost imagine that same feeling you had when you called the ems. Sadly our kinks are still frowned upon today
Self tied

Post by Self tied »

I too have done self bondage for over 30 years and OOOH the stories I could tell. Glad you got out ok. I had steel leg cuffs fail on me a few years ago, but luckily I have metal working tools in my garage and I was out in 5 minutes. That was my wake up call to be very careful with metal restraints. If that had been the handcuffs that failed and I was bound to something else It would have been my last rodeo.