Intentional Auto-Correct

Anything that does not fit any of the other categories.
Riddle

Intentional Auto-Correct

Post by Riddle »

Not long ago, I did some research into the Apple IOS auto-correct, figured out how to make it behave better, and created some of my own corrections like “MOSFET” appears with just “mo”. I also did π, °, Ω, and μ. The other night, while typing something lengthy for the 3 bagillionth time, I realized that I could add the phrase so only 3 letters are needed for the entire phrase. With this realization, my tablet now replaces “sel” with “Self-Bondage” every time with the capitalization and hyphen. This would have been my cute little secret but, after so many uses of it here, it dawned on me that specific character string may appear strange for me to use so frequently without any variations. So, being lazy, instead of changing the behavior, I decided to inform you all about why that is the only way I type “Self-Bondage” now. :mrgreen: :rofl:
Resident timer maker. :hi:
Let’s make timers together!
Kinbaku

Re: Intentional Auto-Correct

Post by Kinbaku »

However, in a letter to your boss you should not make the mistake of writing 'sel' instead of 'sale' when saying: "Did you make a good sale?" :rofl:
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

and I thought you was so fond of the subject you was just over emphasising to express your love of it but that you didn't love it enough to highlight and underline it also. :mrgreen:
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

kinbaku wrote: 30 Jan 2024, 11:11 However, in a letter to your boss you should not make the mistake of writing 'sel' instead of 'sale' when saying: "Did you make a good sale?" :rofl:
:rofl: Being self-employed, I sent this image to my boss from my work computer. :rofl:
Plug-2020 v3.jpg
My response was “Good work.” :rofl:

Of note, I have a dedicated tablet for viewing this forum, FetLife, and everything related to those. Would hate for family to see the forum notifications from BoundAnna. :rofl:
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

bounddosster wrote: 30 Jan 2024, 11:43 and I thought you was so fond of the subject you was just over emphasising to express your love of it but that you didn't love it enough to highlight and underline it also. :mrgreen:
:rofl: The original motivation for the autocorrect was repeated references to the “Self-Bondage” group that I moderate on FetLife. :rofl:
The autocorrect for that makes all Self-Bondage a proper noun for me. :rofl:
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Riddle wrote: 30 Jan 2024, 12:23 that makes all Self-Bondage a proper noun for me
As long as you don't name your kid Self-Bondage, it's OK. That's even weirder than Moon Unit or Dweezil or Pookie Noodelin... :facepalm:

:rofl:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

bound_jenny wrote: 31 Jan 2024, 02:09
Riddle wrote: 30 Jan 2024, 12:23 that makes all Self-Bondage a proper noun for me
As long as you don't name your kid Self-Bondage, it's OK. That's even weirder than Moon Unit or Dweezil or Pookie Noodelin... :facepalm:

:rofl:

Jenny.
:rofl: I was unaware of males naming their children. In my understanding, the person who just gave birth is already highly motivated to give similar pain and suffering to the other person involved with starting the pregnancy and labor process. So, making a mistake with the name could lead to serious injury or death. :rofl: