I'm not sure if I trust myself

Post your scenarios here. You can also request a scenario here.

Do you think I should completely stop Self-bondage?

Yes
20%
No
80%

Total votes: 10

Some1pleasehogtapeme

I'm not sure if I trust myself

Post by Some1pleasehogtapeme »

So previously I underestimated a few layers of duct tape. Now I underestimated 4 rolls of cheap electrical tape to the point where I almost couldn't feel my arms. Talk about really testing the boundaries! Good thing I didn't tape my hands into fists.

Proof that I really need to find a partner as I almost don't trust myself anymore :( to make sure I don't take it too far

My arms still are still very floppy
20231219_031222.jpg
As long as my hands are secure and I am not able to speak then I'm already beyond happy :gag: :D
Riddle

Re: I'm not sure if I trust myself

Post by Riddle »

Errors are part of learning and life. Realizing that self-bondage is dangerous and that mistakes with the smallest details can have serious consequences is necessary to safety. The most common mistake is to be hasty to set everything up and start the self-bondage. Everything must be carefully planned, tested, and setup with the utmost effort to ensure safety and release. Doing research on the plan and getting feedback from others can significantly increase the likelihood of positive experiences.

On the other hand, having a partner will lower the risk. By how much depends on the person. However, being too eager to find someone will scare away the good ones; maybe some of the not-good ones as well. The bad ones appreciate desperation. Please uses care and caution with finding a partner instead of being in a rush.

Be safe and have fun.
Resident timer maker. :hi:
Let’s make timers together!
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

I initially joined this forum when I learned I would be living alone.
As far as trusting yourself, I would ask what drives you? If it is pleasure and enjoyment, then just try to imagine the end game, which is an eventual release to do it again, making sure to have back ups. If self harm or self punishment is the reason, then you may need to reevaluate the situation, maybe seek therapy. Not to confuse self harm with behaviour modification, which some members are trying to use to break bad habits or better their lives. (Weight loss, for example) Most of them use their less desirable parts of BDSM for negative reinforcement. I am going to stop here before going off on a tangent, but just remember, some forms of bondage are easy to get into, not so easy to escape.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Kinbaku

Post by Kinbaku »

Like most of us, you learn from mistakes.
A child learns to walk by falling. When the child is older it learns to cycle in the same way, by falling. But always taking care that he does not fall fatally.

But if you enjoy it, why not do it.
There are parachutists and mountain climbers who die while performing their sport. Yet these sports are still practiced by many. It's just preparation and limiting the risks: one doesn't climb a mountain if the weather forecast is bad.

The same with self-bondage: it is a dangerous hobby, so be careful with it.
So before doing something, think it over. Then think it over again. And try and experiment with small steps. Like you said: It is better to check the strength of the tape before using it in a complete bondage.
Have at least two backups ready.

Yesterday I want you to do something, but I tested it out and found it was too dangerous. So I skipped that one and changed it in putting on a blindfold instead. But even then I add the spare key. But nothing prevents you from providing a second and third backup, such as safety scissors, help from others (better embarrassed than dead).
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

I'm glad that your misadventure did cause any worse circumstances.

We are the most adaptable species on the planet, and one of our strong suits is learning from our errors and close shaves. And the ability to ask for advice - there are many people here who would be glad to help.

Because we care. 8)

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
JIMDINI

Post by JIMDINI »

bound_jenny wrote: 19 Dec 2023, 09:38 I'm glad that your misadventure did cause any worse circumstances.

We are the most adaptable species on the planet, and one of our strong suits is learning from our errors and close shaves. And the ability to ask for advice - there are many people here who would be glad to help.

Because we care. 8)

Jenny.
As Jenny says we are here to help, some of us have been into self bondage for a very long time and have survived various mishaps 9hopefully learning from our mistakes). As Kinbaku, Shannon, and Riddle say Self Bondage is always a little risky.
Before trying new restraints and/or positions do a risk assessment (what do I do if I am stuck, can I damage any limbs [strains, dislocations, etc], when I struggle, is there a risk of falling, can I call for help [ read up on the risks of gags], and so forth), check your materials are in good condition, locks etc are working smoothly, and Importantly that you will be able to reach your back up releases.
If you have a smart phone you can usually set messages to be sent at a later time, so this is a good final emergency failsafe set to be sent an hour o so after you expect to be out of your restraints.

You are not alone in scaring yourself, we have all had narrow squeaks at times, but this demonstrates the folly of rushing into a bondage without planning or thinking things through viewtopic.php?p=95135&hilit=trussed+turkey#p95135, and I I really thought that I might be found dead like that as I had rushed in to the bondage and not thought out the scenario!
Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities. If you can't free yourself, who will?
When your helpless, you have no choice but to wait.
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

I agree that with self-bondage comes experiences that make one think differently in the future. Personally, two experiences lasted much longer than expected while I observed my body showing ever worsening symptoms of hypothermia. During one, my body went below the shivering stage.

One may certainly attempt to stop doing self-bondage; however, our minds will not cooperate. By denying the activity, the mind will only crave it more and, over time, spend more time focusing on this until the mind malfunctions. Much healthier to accept the desire, mitigate the risks, and enjoy the experiences.

By the way, what do you have available for cutting yourself out of rope and tape? Do you have emergency safety shears? How about a seatbelt cutter (a metal hook tool with the inner edge of the hook sharp enough to sever seatbelts). It is much easier to feel safe doing self-bondage knowing that every precaution has been taken and that releasing the restraints is certain to the fullest extent possible. So much better than thinking “Didn’t consider that.”

Have fun and be safe.
Resident timer maker. :hi:
Let’s make timers together!
Some1pleasehogtapeme

Post by Some1pleasehogtapeme »

JIMDINI wrote: 19 Dec 2023, 10:43
bound_jenny wrote: 19 Dec 2023, 09:38 I'm glad that your misadventure did cause any worse circumstances.

Because we care. 8)

Jenny.
As Jenny says we are here to help, some of us have been into self bondage for a very long time and have survived various mishaps 9hopefully learning from our mistakes). As Kinbaku, Shannon, and Riddle say Self Bondage is always a little risky.
Before trying new restraints and/or positions do a risk assessment (what do I do if I am stuck, can I damage any limbs [strains, dislocations, etc], when I struggle, is there a risk of falling, can I call for help [ read up on the risks of gags], and so forth), check your materials are in good condition, locks etc are working smoothly, and Importantly that you will be able to reach your back up releases.
If you have a smart phone you can usually set messages to be sent at a later time, so this is a good final emergency failsafe set to be sent an hour o so after you expect to be out of your restraints.

You are not alone in scaring yourself, we have all had narrow squeaks at times, but this demonstrates the folly of rushing into a bondage without planning or thinking things through viewtopic.php?p=95135&hilit=trussed+turkey#p95135, and I I really thought that I might be found dead like that as I had rushed in to the bondage and not thought out the scenario!
Holy crap! Reading this storie of the hinged handcuffs makes me even more scared to do self-bondage now!
As long as my hands are secure and I am not able to speak then I'm already beyond happy :gag: :D
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Some1pleasehogtapeme wrote: 19 Dec 2023, 23:25
JIMDINI wrote: 19 Dec 2023, 10:43

Because we care. 8)

Jenny.

Holy crap! Reading this storie of the hinged handcuffs makes me even more scared to do self-bondage now!
Way to go, Egg Head
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠