I underestimated duct tape

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
Some1pleasehogtapeme

I underestimated duct tape

Post by Some1pleasehogtapeme »

Good morning/afternoon/evening to all bondage and selfbondage people!

A couple of months ago I thought I'd try doing a straight forward self-mummification wrap around my arms and chest.

I started off by unscrewing the door handle of my cupboard (which can then screw back on again) and putting half a roll of electrical tape on the handle which I then screwed back onto the cupboard door. This makes it easy to just unroll the tape around and around.

So off I go unwrapping the tape around my chest with my arms pinned to my side. While doing all of this I had on a pair of gorgeous black strappy faux leather heels 👠 just to keep things a little bit more exciting.

After all the electrical tape has has been wrapped around my chest and arms I decide to take this self-mummification to a completely different level. At this point I could probably get out quite easily as there isn't really that much tape keeping me restricted and electrical tape is generally pretty stretchy. I decided to wiggle my hands around to use my escape tool (scissors) as a screwdriver mechanism to undo the door handle from the cupboard to attach the very small amount of duct that's left onto the door handle.

The duct tape is now attached to the door handle of my cupboard and you already know what is going to happen next.

I estimated that I'll be able to wrap my chest and arms once or twice at the most with the remaining duct tape. After the third time and the last of the duct had gone around my arms the true reality and non-resistance of duct tape set it. I was so focused on trying to get the duct around my body that I completely forgot that duct tape doesn't have much flexibility.

After 10 minutes of wiggling my hands and arms around my respect for such a small amount of duct tape set in. It was sticking very well! At this point I was already starting to sweat and started to think of ways as to how I was going to get out of this sticky situation. My main problem at this point was because I had wrapped a couple of layers of electrical and duct tape on top of my wrists and just above my elbows my movement was very restricted. Problem number 2 was that I found it very difficult to maneuver my hands in a way to cut the tape with the scissors.

After around 20 minutes I finally managed to cut some of the electrical tape that was attached close to the middle of arm. Unfortunately because I had used duct tape as well it didn't really do much since all I really did was cut a piece of electrical tape. It may have created a slight bit of room to maneuver but I was still in a predicament.

After 30 minutes I was now really starting to stress so much so that I could feel a bit of numbness in my fingers and a slight bit of purple starting to appear. It was at this point I decided the only way I could really get out was wiggle like crazy and use brute force. After around 1 or 2 minutes I had managed to get my one hand free somehow and then free myself.

I was exceptionally relieved that I could finally get out. I really did underestimate the strength of duct tape when it is wrapped around something even if it is a small quantity. This certainly taught me a lesson and I definitely think twice now before doing self-bondage.

For anyone out there experimenting in self-bondage make sure you have at least 2 ways that you can free yourself. It could have potentially cost me my life as I only had 1 backup plan which barely worked at all!

Thanks everyone for listening and be safe out there!
As long as my hands are secure and I am not able to speak then I'm already beyond happy :gag: :D
Kinbaku

Re: I underestimated duct tape

Post by Kinbaku »

Thanks for sharing.
Sometimes it is a small matter between the possibility of being able to free oneself or not. And as you say: suppose the tape cause numbness in your hands much faster, so that you cannot use your hands. Then you have a big problem. :shock:
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Thank you for sharing your misadventure.

That's an excellent example of why we should respect the bondage materials we use - duct tape, rope, chains, etc. - and know them six ways from Sunday. If we underestimate any of their capabilities, we might get into a whole lot of trouble at best, or be injured to various degrees, or even killed at worst. I don't like reading obituaries of fellow kinksters.

Plan ahead. Know your gear. Most importantly, plan your bondage in function of your release. Always leave some kind of leeway so you can release yourself calmly and in a predictable manner. It's the unpredictables that can get us in trouble.

Most of all, plan your session well ahead of it, with a clear head.

Again, thanks for sharing your story.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
o0_Squirrel_0o

Post by o0_Squirrel_0o »

If I may add something here. Cheap colored duct tape is water soluble. It may take over an hour to start to come loose but may be worth considering. Must be applied to the skin. My closest friends know I tie solo. If called they will come running. 911 is the best last-ditch effort you may find. You said your hands were free? Why not try again with this mind? Put a friend on notice and don't tie so tight.