Selfbondage releases and goals

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
timbuit

Selfbondage releases and goals

Post by timbuit »

I think we all at some point have experienced the boredom of selfbondage, when the fun becomes tedium. And I have personally struggled with this a lot, where I have enjoyed the trap for 20 minutes but still have to wait the next 30 with nothing to do. This usually happens in selfbondage scenarios reliant on timer release methods like mag locks or ice locks, and while I think these are important to use for secondary releases/backups, as the primary it can get quite boring. I find that no matter how enjoyable the predicament and struggle is, I always have it stuck in my mind that its still just a waiting game and I could just lie still, the result would be the same. So I am now looking for release methods that include active involvement, tasks that are required for escape (with backups of course :D ). Like how the suck and blow scenario requires you to move and hold liquid, it forces you to move and struggle against your bindings and really feel your entrapment, just restricting movement (say in a spreadeagle) without an escape apart from an ice lock doesn't encourage the same struggle. Any struggle in those scenarios is voluntary, or perhaps out of discomfort. Forcing the subject to move or act in ways their bondage restricts is what selfbondage is all about :)

Some examples of active escape are things like long crawls and long walks, key treasure hunts, forced deepthroating/dildo riding with sbbj program, suck and blow as mentioned above. You can have semi active ones like solving a puzzle or combination lock, these do make the scenario more enjoyable but I think should be used as a part of a bigger scenario, rather than the totality of the release mechanism.

So if you have any ideas on escape mechanisms like this feel free to post them below. I think it would be good to have a collection of these kind of releases so people can combine and innovate with them. For instance, after I came across the suck and blow scenario I had the idea of needing to fill up a bucket with water using a shower, which would force the subject into the shower and get wet. You can quickly describe a scenario you did and the escape mechanism used, it can be as complex or simple as you like. Even simple ones are useful as you can combine them into something bigger like how a simple lock and lockbox can be built into a key treasure hunt. Or maybe you are required to pull off nipple clamps so you can move onto the next task. The tasks should be a requirement not simply dares. The key is active escape not passive escape, get the subjects earning their freedom not just waiting for it.
timbuit

Re: Selfbondage releases and goals

Post by timbuit »

One idea I had was using exercise bands and an anchor point. You would need a relatively strong anchor point as there will be a lot of force generated on it :).
The basic idea is attaching one end of the exercise band to yourself (a chest harness works best) and the other to the anchor point. You should use an exercise band like one of these
PXL_20231013_103408775-min.jpg
. You can find these types of ones on amazon for 10 quid easily. Lock the exercise band to the anchor point with a lock and place the key some distance away (testing required for this) as the premise of the escape is that you must pull against the exercise band to get to the key. Placing the key at a correct distance is integral, too far away and you will be stuck (until your backup ice lock melts), or you place it too close and its not much of a challenge. Once you get the key to unlock the exercise band you are then free to get to the key/scissors that is used to free yourself.

You can extrapolate this by using multiple exercise bands locked to the same anchor point using different locks. When you buy a bag of these bands you will get ones with varying degrees of tension, you can place the keys for each band at different distances. So for instance the key for the highest tension band will be closest as that will limit you the most, then each key farther away for each concurrent band. The idea of this way is that over time you will exhaust yourself and it will become more and more of a struggle to get to the next key. This works by each key releasing a band, technically making it easier because the next band has less resistance, but since the next key is farther away it actually just refreshes the challenge. REMEMBER testing is paramount for this, you need to know how strong u will be as so you can make it enough of a challenge. It is better for it to be slightly farther than you can reach than slightly shorter, as the exercise bands tension increases exponentially over distance. If you end up in the scenario and cant reach the key, you will always have your backup lock so its not too much trouble. But the key being farther will make this more enjoyable as you have to struggle more :).

Of course your bondage will dictate how difficult this is, something like a hogtie will be very hard. I personally think a frogtie would work best for this
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

I like your thinking on making the release interactive. Just not sure how to implement it yet with my own sessions.

Either Arduino or Raspberry Pi devices could be programmed to release whenever the correct inputs are given. The regular Arduino controllers are only capable of handling 20 different input/output signals. Raspberry Pi devices have a little bit more signal pins. The Arduino Mega 2560 is limited to 54 general purpose input/output (GPIO) pins, plenty enough for thoroughly confusing which wire goes where.

A row of either toggle or rocker switches with a program that requires all the switches set correctly might be fun. Re-creating the electronic game “Simon Says” with the 4 color buttons as a condition for release would keep someone occupied as well. “Operation” with the mouth holding the tweezers would be a nightmare. Just about every simple electronic game can be implemented as a release condition with an Arduino; the Pi devices are capable of handling really complex program tasks while also controlling electronic relays for release.

I would enjoy discussing interactive release conditions further.
Resident timer maker. :hi:
Let’s make timers together!
timbuit

Post by timbuit »

Riddle wrote:I like your thinking on making the release interactive. Just not sure how to implement it yet with my own sessions.

Either Arduino or Raspberry Pi devices could be programmed to release whenever the correct inputs are given. The regular Arduino controllers are only capable of handling 20 different input/output signals. Raspberry Pi devices have a little bit more signal pins. The Arduino Mega 2560 is limited to 54 general purpose input/output (GPIO) pins, plenty enough for thoroughly confusing which wire goes where.

A row of either toggle or rocker switches with a program that requires all the switches set correctly might be fun. Re-creating the electronic game “Simon Says” with the 4 color buttons as a condition for release would keep someone occupied as well. “Operation” with the mouth holding the tweezers would be a nightmare. Just about every simple electronic game can be implemented as a release condition with an Arduino; the Pi devices are capable of handling really complex program tasks while also controlling electronic relays for release.

I would enjoy discussing interactive release conditions further.
This is a good idea. It's been a while since I've had a go at any Arduino projects, maybe this is a chance to pick it up again. Some games definitely work better than others. Operation would work very well I think because of the operational challenge of it, holding tweezers in the mouth is no easy feat. Could be fun to add in an estim punishment attached to it too ;). Simon says works too if you have something distracting, otherwise you will still just kind of sit there. Like if you had to beat a game of Mario with a vibrator set to random.

Arduino releases require a bit more know how than other methods but can be a great option if you know how. Have you created any such setups already? I'm guessing we're looking at some kind of electronic release, turn off a magnet release a key kind of thing.
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

You have just earned yourself the key to the Developer's room. See you there, Tim.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
rmcingle

Post by rmcingle »

I will frequently start a long BDSM video to play to add to my frustration while I am tied up.

More to what I think you are looking for, a scenario that I have done a couple of times involves an eye bolt threaded into a fixture attached to an overhead mount. I will chain my wrists to the eye bolt so that I have to spin around to unthread it. A 5/16 - 18 thread, four inches long would require 72 full turns to unthread.

To make it interesting I will make it difficult / painful to spin around quickly. A spreader bar will make it a lot more difficult. I have added a 10 lbs weight hanging from my balls, that if I squat a little I can rest it on the floor, but I have to pick it up in order to make a rotation. I have also attached nipple clamps to a 10' pole that had 1 lbs weights at each end, which makes it very painful to make jerky movements, which is hard not to do when your feet are held spread by a spreader bar.

FYI: my setup also has a second release mechanism: the fixture was held to the ceiling using my electro-magnet, which would release me after an hour if I hadn't managed to complete the 72 revolutions.

R.Mc.